Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been in the emergency department with my kid most of the afternoon. Any news on the pump and dump, or markets still fighting for direction in a wide range?

SPY needs to close below 385 before we risk any real selling.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been in the emergency department with my kid most of the afternoon. Any news on the pump and dump, or markets still fighting for direction in a wide range?

SPY needs to close below 385 before we risk any real selling.
Hope all is good with the kid.

No news to speak of, just Mr. Market being Mr. Market.

edit: $385 huh?

1679599991185.png

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Utter fucking incompetence. Yellen has been and always will be a hack. Her husband has carried her forever. He is an actual economist, not a diversity hire.

• 1Picard
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That 385 SPY level would be massively contested, as it’s basically the line in the sand for the bull case. Even IF we got there, it won’t go without a fight or some new macro news drama.

*edit* kid is alright. Sliced his hand open, and since he’s 3, they have to sedate to suture and then the hours spent in recovery ticking the boxes to go home. I’m ready for a whiskey. 🥃

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Call of the day. JPM just dipped below its 200-DMA pre-market. On the DB rumors. As a long term hold it might be worth an entry position here and then see if it can retake the 200-DMA by the close. Alternatively, it has long term support at $114 - $115 which could be another entry point. Failing those two stops, the $105 range is the place to look. As long as Dimon is running JPM I am not concerned about the shit going on in the sector. JPM is the biggest and will most likely take advantage of the the poorly run banks failing.

1679662667741.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Call of the day. JPM just dipped below its 200-DMA pre-market. On the DB rumors. As a long term hold it might be worth an entry position here and then see if it can retake the 200-DMA by the close. Alternatively, it has long term support at $114 - $115 which could be another entry point. Failing those two stops, the $105 range is the place to look. As long as Dimon is running JPM I am not concerned about the shit going on in the sector. JPM is the biggest and will most likely take advantage of the the poorly run banks failing.

View attachment 465392
gone christmas GIF

• 3Worf
  • 1Paper Hands
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So what's the longest time it has ever taken to pull out of a sideways market?

I feel like we're at double whatever that number was, at a minimum.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

There was this thing called the great depression where stocks were pretty much down to sideways for 25 years.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm wondering if the market has hit somewhat of a bottom since interest rates are starting to come down. Look at the 2Y and 10Y.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

One could easily argue that 1996-2009 was a sideways market.

Zzen

Potato del Grande

Glad you’re not dead bro.

Certainly makes you understand the idea of the market transferring money from the impatient to the patient.

A little over a year since the peak and people are losing their minds lol

• 1Like