Investing General Discussion

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Debt limit raise will get through. Enough democrats will vote with republicans to nullify any freedom caucus objections. More interesting will be how the Freedom Caucus got this "we can vote to pick a new speaker" clause in, and if that might get triggered. I'm sure McCarthy is greasing palms like mad on the back end to cover his ass today.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Data:

1685546783697.png

• 3Launch Fail
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
More like, those are a list of IPOs during the 2020/21 market madness where money was simply thrown around with reckless abandon.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm bullish on Government contractors in the short term. With a looming budget battle, we may get many months with a continuing resolution. What this means for contractors is that the government is going to be very eager to sign contracts in the next month because anything they sign gets to keep it's funding during the CR period.
I'm up about 8% on Booz Allen Hamilton stock since making this post, they posted good earnings 2 days ago. SAIC announces earnings in a few days, Jun 5th, I think i'll cash out my Booz and buy some SAIC.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
It's almost as if....IPO's are rigged to make investors rich and then shit on anyone else. This is not capitalism, this is theft.
Sort of yes, but the idea is to overprice a HOT IPO so that trend investors get in, the company raises more money, and the value is found somewhere lower than the IPO. If you can get people to buy it, this would be a huge win for the company and the firm handling the IPO. If you have an IPO and it immediately shoots for the moon someone is a fucking idiot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
End of month rebalancing. All volume goes nuts, its normal. Go look at the other bigs like TSLA, GOOG, etc. All the same massive vol spike.

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users