NVDA +6.6%

Who Knows Idk GIF
What I get for taunting it last week...

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Dang Monday about to get a bullet to the head. That market is so saturated, they're all kinda mediocre. Monday strikes me as distinct only because of it's marketing push.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
S
That market is so saturated, they're all kinda mediocre.
Yes but there's 10000s of companies out there who still have platforms from 20 years ago that are absolutely atrocious. Mediocre is a huge step up.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
S

Yes but there's 10000s of companies out there who still have platforms from 20 years ago that are absolutely atrocious. Mediocre is a huge step up.
Who uses Monday?

I have seen a lot of MS Proj, Asana and Smartsheets. Literally never seen anyone send me a Monday invite or pull it up on a call.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Who uses Monday?

I have seen a lot of MS Proj, Asana and Smartsheets. Literally never seen anyone send me a Monday invite or pull it up on a call.
Monday.com doesn't do anything well but it does a lot of things:
1692104585639.png

Here are the strategic clients they list on their website:
1692104570865.png

I have had personal experience with internal systems and processes at Coca-Cola and very extensively with BD. They were both nightmares. I'm sure Monday is a huge improvement over what they were using.

It's probably a terrible platform for a super technical company, but for people who are just making license plates, I bet it's pretty good. The UI gives me Robinhood vibes, aimed at the post-technical Gen Z crowd.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Who uses Monday?

Some of my clients use Monday, I didnt like it. It wasnt intuitive and had a kiddie feel with big fat color lines, and these Playskool colors.

Prefer Asana over it.

Atlassian/Confluence sucks but thats probably the 800 lb gorilla everyone is aiming for. Not even sure how the Salesforce/Monday comparison works

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still nothing huge, but to be aware of:

BREAKING: New credit card and auto loan delinquencies have now surpassed pre-Covid levels, per Moody’s Investors Service.

• 1Mother of God

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Still nothing huge, but to be aware of:

BREAKING: New credit card and auto loan delinquencies have now surpassed pre-Covid levels, per Moody’s Investors Service.
Incredibly bullish, means used auto prices are about to crash and kick inflation in the balls.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Monday.com doesn't do anything well but it does a lot of things:
View attachment 486684

Here are the strategic clients they list on their website:
View attachment 486683

I have had personal experience with internal systems and processes at Coca-Cola and very extensively with BD. They were both nightmares. I'm sure Monday is a huge improvement over what they were using.

It's probably a terrible platform for a super technical company, but for people who are just making license plates, I bet it's pretty good. The UI gives me Robinhood vibes, aimed at the post-technical Gen Z crowd.
Yes I mean but I've ended up on one of those "partner" tickers because I bought 10 licenses for one team before lol.

I just haven't seen it in the wild.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Some of my clients use Monday, I didnt like it. It wasnt intuitive and had a kiddie feel with big fat color lines, and these Playskool colors.

Prefer Asana over it.

Atlassian/Confluence sucks but thats probably the 800 lb gorilla everyone is aiming for. Not even sure how the Salesforce/Monday comparison works
Yea I guess it's new process stuff since I last looked at them and a CRM module which is where it gets compared? IDK. I have a lot of childlike people in other departments that couldn't complete a task without a how-to on 7 post its, maybe I will have to check it out. Playskool may be appropriate for some people.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cut my losses on ALB. Either I 100% misread their earnings or the rest of the market did. It doesnt really matter who is right though since the market always wins. Cut my losses at 10% and looking for the next play.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Cut my losses on ALB. Either I 100% misread their earnings or the rest of the market did. It doesnt really matter who is right though since the market always wins. Cut my losses at 10% and looking for the next play.

I followed you in and now I shall follow you out. Thanks for posting!

Scared Season 1 GIF by The Spanish Princess

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I followed you in and now I shall follow you out. Thanks for posting!

Scared Season 1 GIF by The Spanish Princess
I was torn. I took an entry position and was weighing adding another tranche or just cutting bait. It just been blowing through every support level and on a streak of 7 straight red candles. The next real support is around $170 and I didn't want to ride it down another 6% to see if that one held.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Started putting my core cash back to work. Opted to go with SPLG instead of SPY. For those not familiar State Street created a clone of SPY but it functions at a roughly 1/8.5 ratio so instead of $444 a share its $52 a share. it also has a net fee of 0.02 so its nearly free to own. Net assets are $20b. The biggest disadvantage is its not really liquid on the options side so its not really playable with options. On the flip side a block of 100 shares is $5,200 versus SPY being $44,400.

Bought at the 50-DMA for SPLG/SPY

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AAPL bouncing right at the 100-DMA. Its been above it for more than 6 months. Its so elevated though, so this will be interesting.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
What precisely is your strategy? Buy at support levels or at significant moving averages?

Gonna speak for Sanrith and potentially get corrected. He uses DMA's to determine entry and exits. For example let's use this chart:

1692112781465.png

We can see the QQQ is above all levels of support (20, 50, 100, 200). I've personally drawn a blue line to mark historical growth (pre-2016) and red lines to show growth post-2016. I could probably even do post covid lines as well.

Basically, you don't want to invest in the QQQ atm bc it's in growth mode (above support). You'll want to invest when it falls and hits lower levels of support like the 100 or 200 day, bc you know that it's consolidating lower to come back up.

So, if I followed my own GD rules, I would've maxxed out my QQQ investment in 2019, again in 2020, and in Oct/Nov 22, bc it was contracting below the blue pre-2016 growth and the normal growth.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What precisely is your strategy? Buy at support levels or at significant moving averages?
I had talked about it here a few days ago..

So the math tells me that if I were to go long with a 25% tranche at the 50-DMA, and it goes to shit so another 25% tranche at the 100-DMA, it keeps falling, a third 25% at the long dated support and finally the last 25% at the 200-DMA, I would end up with a full position with a cost basis of $421 which is sitting just below the 100-DMA and at the early June price point.
The above assumes a bearish movement. If it bounces off the 50 and runs then I look for a new set of entries on the way up.

Thoughts?

And basically yes. Back in May I wasnt sure my house sale would go through in time for my new house purchase so I went heavily liquid in case I need cash to finish the purchase. The sale went through so now I am looking to reinvest. My plan is to purchase at various support levels like the DMA's if we keep letting air out and the indexes keep moving downward. If we bounce at one of them and continue the bull run (which I believe happens at some point), then I just ask Blazin Blazin where to buy since I am much better buying on the way down than I am on the way up.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like