Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Dollar continues to steadily lose strength. Even south american currencies are starting to gain on us. Inflation incoming?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Dollar continues to steadily lose strength. Even south american currencies are starting to gain on us. Inflation incoming?

Are you just trolling with this? The dollar is flat over the last year. How about we at least wait for a 95 break before we start the Chicken little routine.

How hard is it to maybe look at a chart before you post?

Capture.JPG

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You really are so butthurt that I called the crash and got it right.

Someone makes a near term claim, lets link a decade long chart that doesn't even show the time-period he's talking about with any clarity at all to argue against him. I'll give you the point that USD Is trending down against most major currencies strongly the past month, but it hasn't left the norms yet. That's why I said incoming, not yet here. But if you wanna see what looks real wrong to me, then look at south american countries. I've been sending money regularly to some for years, and this shit doesn't happen often, and never as widely as I've seen in the past month. USD to Brazil funny money as a random example.

wooop.png

USD to Chilean funny money:
wooop.png

Even fucking argentina, where I send money the most, made up some ground against the US, and their currency has been spiraling out of control. No charts of it on hand though, because argentina currency exchange is almost exclusively black market.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, but I got my fungi before they nerfed the King.

Honestly put aside the I called this right oe that wrong. The idea of this thread isn't to rah-rah but to give some basic investing skillz and share some insights you see so others might share in the wealth. Im not saying you did 8r didn't call anything, I'm saying it was month's ago. Thats like centuries ago at the current pace of market. Let it go.

In other news, VTIQ is now trading as NKLA. It popped on the Nasdaq bell ringing event this morning as predicted and then pulled back as predicted. I think there is a PUT play if it runs back up near $38 (I missed it at the open). The Jun 19, $25 puts are my target for a quick drop once the shiny wears off over the next week.

• 2Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
You really are so butthurt that I called the crash and got it right.
Yes, I'm sure that's it meanwhile I was 90% cash on 2/21. You are the kind of person who can look back at how poorly you have handled this and somehow still pump your chest like it was an accomplishment and a result you will learn nothing.

You have so much trouble with the nuance that you'll think my response to you means I don't think inflation could become a problem. Just unlike you, I know I don't have to sit here pretending I'm some sort of a Nostradouche to navigate this market now and into the future. If you think a few weeks of decline in the dollar is super important then you are entitled to act on that, you don't need to get rustled when I show the reality from a larger context. You know what "near term claims" are? They are noise.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AAL + 26%
DAL +13%
UAL +15%

Has anyone done a health & welfare check on Buffett yet? Holy shit did he screw the pooch on this.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
AAL + 26%
DAL +13%
UAL +15%

Has anyone done a health & welfare check on Buffett yet? Holy shit did he screw the pooch on this.

It gets worse he sold his GS position down around 170 and it now sits at 214. While I'm really disappointed by how they navigated this year I'm quite happy with my BRK buy which is now up 12.5%, THese trades they made are frustrating but they really aren't that reflective of overall Berkshire health.

Oh and DOCU earnings are tonight, been a fun ride from 70. Since this was just a 100 shares may just take the $7k, may have got a little head of itself but should probably hold I think next few years could be great growth for them.

Last edited:

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
AAL + 26%
DAL +13%
UAL +15%

Spirit (SAVE) up like 80 percent since Friday. At over 20 a share now. Three weeks ago it was at 8

Poor Buffett, I'm kind of baffled. How in the WORLD did he think a) the U.S. government would let anything serious happen to the Airlines and b) something as essential as airtravel in a country so vast as the USA would not rebound after the retardedness of "omg corona" went away???

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Poor Buffett, I'm kind of baffled. How in the WORLD did he think a) the U.S. government would let anything serious happen to the Airlines and b) something as essential as airtravel in a country so vast as the USA would not rebound after the retardedness of "omg corona" went away???

Probably spent too much time reading the NY times and talking to Bill Gates.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
A little info. Delta are calling employees up (Flight attendants, Gate agents , etc) that are currently on leaves of absence and asking them if they want to come back early. Delta also telling their employees to not expect any new leave offers because things are picking up so fast. I'm sure similar is happening at other airlines.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
A little info. Delta are calling employees up (Flight attendants, Gate agents , etc) that are currently on leaves of absence and asking them if they want to come back early. Delta also telling their employees to not expect any new leave offers because things are picking up so fast. I'm sure similar is happening at other airlines.

AAL must not be doing as good. Operating around 8% typical passengers, which is up from the low of around 5%. A large part of the traffic/flights here are still converted cargo flights. They are hoping/scheduling to pick up some business around end of june, but no real expectation of a return to normalcy before august. First hand knowledge of AAL's hub (where I work)

And nobody expected the airlines to die. Strategic resources are close to bullet proof.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Important metric on the Inflation watch issue. Stimulus takes time work it's way into the system, second half of 2021 could be interesting to see how it handles significant improvement in velocity with this amount of supply.

Capture.JPG

Source of cash that could fuel this market for long ways yet if it comes off the bench.

Capture1.JPG

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The last year or two Buffet is investing more like he is scared to lose rather than to win. I have no regrets on my 2 -day exit of BRK/B. The more I thought about it the more I realized I just didn't have faith in it.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Important metric on the Inflation watch issue. Stimulus takes time work it's way into the system, second half of 2021 could be interesting to see how it handles significant improvement in velocity with this amount of supply.

View attachment 275166

Source of cash that could fuel this market for long ways yet if it comes off the bench.

View attachment 275167
To add something for everyone. While the easy money has been made at this point, it doesn't mean there is no money to be made. Consider the average return on the SP500 is about 10%. There is still a lot of quality companies in unloved sectors that can easily exceed 10% return (with possible dividends) by year end. Just because a stock is up off the lows significantly doesn't mean it still can't run some more. A purchase today that nets 15% by year end is a winner in my book. Dont let the last few months returns jade your view of realistic returns.

Ps.. patience does pay. I'm now green in everything but XOM now. DAL and JPM went green for me today.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I'm content with my buys of GE at 6.5? X at 7? and TSLA at 500.

If I had sold my house a month earlier, I could have made some big moves with you guys, but wife getting laid off and rental being empty etc, I just didnt have the balls to risk my cash at that time.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My DAL is now up 36%. See that’s why this thread rocks.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So did anyone buy the IPO today for Zoom Info thinking it was the Zoom video chat company? Lots of people did apparently. Pumped up to $40 pre-market and then down to $32 by the close. WMG dropped almost 10% today as well. Bad IPOs just be bad.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Anyone ever use Slack (WORK) ? I have hesitated to take a small position in this one because I have no experience with their product. I like to have a small position in these small hyper growth companies just because you never know when the next netflix will come along. Getting slammed AH today but report was decent. Anyone own this?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Anyone ever use Slack (WORK) ? I have hesitated to take a small position in this one because I have no experience with their product. I like to have a small position in these small hyper growth companies just because you never know when the next netflix will come along. Getting slammed AH today but report was decent. Anyone own this?

I use Slack every day all day at work. It is nearly identical to Discord. But designed for the office and not video games.

Problem I'd say it has is that if your office is a Windows shop then you get Microsoft Teams and Team Foundation Server which is a strong competitor and cheap if you already use the MS Suite.