Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Buffett has the largest cash pile ever after dumping stocks in Q3.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Dude's in his 90s at this point. Him and Munger should be kicking the bucket in the next decade.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
He's been wrong a lot the last several years though.
Doesn't matter. His play taking a giant chunk of AAPL all those years ago overcomes any bad investments he will ever make. It may be one of the single best trades ever. Its almost Michael Burry level of profit.

1700057030104.png

• 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Doesn't matter. His play taking a giant chunk of AAPL all those years ago overcomes any bad investments he will ever make. It may be one of the single best trades ever. Its almost Michael Burry level of profit.

View attachment 500477
I've been holding NVDA, GOOG, MSFT, AAPL, TSLA etc for almost the entirety of their gains. I have owned every single major winner in the past 20 years and may be the best investor ever. I found a fund that owns the biggest winners and only the biggest winners. I have decided to share it with you guys the ticker is SPY

• 3Worf
  • 3Mother of God
  • 2Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 9 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
I've been holding NVDA, GOOG, MSFT, AAPL, TSLA etc for almost the entirety of their gains. I have owned every single major winner in the past 20 years and may be the best investor ever. I found a fund that owns the biggest winners and only the biggest winners. I have decided to share it with you guys the ticker is SPY
Bruce Campbell Hello GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Anyone else getting this error? I figured there was a new version and deleted the old and installed the new and still have the same error.

1700058896668.png

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Wrote covered calls on all my SPLG shares with a Dec 15 expiry. Strike is equivalent to SPY $460. With premium its $463 if assigned. I am ok taking that profit if I get assigned. It would be a new 52-high if it happens. My belief is we see some sort of pullback in the next 30 days low enough for me to close out and bank the premium.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My cost basis for DIS in my ROTH is 84.26 (+12%) and my individual fund QQQ buy is up 44% in the last year, lul.

This is an area I struggle with in general. When do I take profits? And because I've struggled w developing rules around this concept I typically just hold.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I do not regret my DIS sale. I bought just a few cents above 80.

Seems like a good time to sell QQQ.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
My cost basis for DIS in my ROTH is 84.26 (+12%) and my individual fund QQQ buy is up 44% in the last year, lul.

This is an area I struggle with in general. When do I take profits? And because I've struggled w developing rules around this concept I typically just hold.
Why sell QQQ? If its a long term hold then just hold it for the long term. I and a few others think DIS has some room to run. It also can be a long term hold.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Why sell QQQ? If its a long term hold then just hold it for the long term. I and a few others think DIS has some room to run. It also can be a long term hold.

That's my current strategy. Buy and hold. But, with that strategy also comes no taking profits and eating the bad times.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
That's my current strategy. Buy and hold. But, with that strategy also comes no taking profits and eating the bad times.
Just make sure the buy and holds are high quality buys and be prepared to sell if they underlying fundamentals you based your buy on change.

or

Just buy and sell when Blazin Blazin says to.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users