Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
It is shocking how widespread this misunderstanding is. I mean, as far as I can tell, its the great majority of the American public that thinks this.
Thus my rant. Its almost like they purposely removed financial literacy classes from high school for a reason.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
HD picked a real good day to beat earnings and have avg unit sales shrink less than expected.

1699973338474.png

• 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It is shocking how widespread this misunderstanding is. I mean, as far as I can tell, its the great majority of the American public that thinks this.

It makes me wonder if there will ever be an "oh shit" moment when they realize what it really means, and what that "oh shit" will look like.

If Republican politicians were smart (spoiler alert: they are not) they would be saying this EVERY FUCKING DAY. It is so easy to say "These prices are here to stay because of past inflation, future inflation being lower just means prices go up slower, there is no coming down without deflation;" then following it up with "why do you think McDonalds cheeseburgers never went back down to 50 cents after being there fifteen years ago?"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I just sold, monster gains for such a short period. This is just my next reassess level, could be on board again quickly depends on what I see. Poor mike wilson.

• 3Paper Hands
  • 2Tendies
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
This rally off the lows is one of the strongest in years for such a short time frame. I'm pretty tickled that I had the discipline to make the buys I did even though they felt shitty and horrible at the time. My base case is that we still aren't done, sometimes I just try to think of what the biggest fuckery will be and go with that, and this market being a cunts hair from ATH at year end would be a pretty tough position for a lot of people. Those who are out will be tearing their hair out those in will be getting 2021 YE vibes, all heading into a year that there will be lots happening and all sorts of unknowns of reasonably large magnitude.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
<sarcasm>Great day to have 3.6k sitting around doing nothing.</sarcasm> Just sold my GOOG, having no faith in that company to make products they don't just kill a year later, so now I have... 12k sitting around doing nothing.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
<sarcasm>Great day to have 3.6k sitting around doing nothing.</sarcasm> Just sold my GOOG, having no faith in that company to make products they don't just kill a year later, so now I have... 12k sitting around doing nothing.
Well given money market rates sitting around doing nothing isn't what it use to be. Now that I sold I currently have seven figures sitting there on the porch smoking a cigar.

SPX just hit 4500 /Es was already over, I took a pause wondering if they would just go and tickle it rather than push through. Pretty darn bullish if it can close the day and week holding it.

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
This is the shit that annoys me. I was the only seller of call options at my strike for like an hour. I notice that two orders filled at my strike and it wasnt me. Granted those fills were for a single contract and I double checked I didn't have all or nothing chosen (I did not). Orders should have filled by oldest first so I should have had two partial fills. WTF am I missing, some off exchange that wasn't being shown as having sellers? Blazin Blazin Jysin Jysin

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes
You can have hidden orders on exchanges. Lightspeed is just one broker example. Good way to hide massive liquidity give / takes.

You can type how many shares of your trade you want visible, or just flip to "Hidden" all of the time.

Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 5.22.29 PM.png

You can really run into this stuff day trading where you can see a bunch of orders flying through the tape and no movement in price.
Say you're buying into a stock at $40 and you might only see 1k shares at the ask at $40, but seeing tens of thousands of shares trading and stuck at $40. There's typically a hidden seller there trying to unload some size without spooking the market with a giant 100k+ sized share sell order open out on the book.

• 1WTF

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes
You can have hidden orders on exchanges. Lightspeed is just one broker example. Good way to hide massive liquidity give / takes.

You can type how many shares of your trade you want visible, or just flip to "Hidden" all of the time.

View attachment 500383

You can really run into this stuff day trading where you can see a bunch of orders flying through the tape and no movement in price.
Say you're buying into a stock at $40 and you might only see 1k shares at the ask at $40, but seeing tens of thousands of shares trading and stuck at $40. There's typically a hidden seller there trying to unload some size without spooking the market with a giant 100k+ sized share sell order open out on the book.
Good to know we have transparency and no asymmetrical info issues on our global markets. Fuckers.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Looks like profit-taking is happening in crypto right now. Might be a precursor to a similar flush in tech.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Well, I sold over 20k worth of shit today. Expect tomorrow to be twice as big of a jump.

• 1Paper Hands
  • 1Worf