Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So they expire either 30 days after the merger is complete or 12 months afterwards. You will get notice of the warrants being exercised.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Ya I've been reading all afternoon and just can't decipher the finance hieroglyphics. O-chem makes more sense to my brain. I just want to figure out if I need to dump these warrants asap before they become worthless and chalk it up to another lesson learned.

Might be relevant, not sure.
View attachment 297617View attachment 297618
Don't lie. Ochem doesn't make sense in anyone's brain.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The DOW is back to where it was when I moved everything in my 401k into fixed income holdings the day before the crash. I reallocated it back in chunks as it leveled out and started moving back up. Pretty happy with where I’m sitting now that it’s back to where it was. Should be a large amount of extra from that one move in 20-30 years.

AABF30CA-DD35-4841-B639-A524C3BBFFF1.jpeg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The DOW is back to where it was when I moved everything in my 401k into fixed income holdings the day before the crash. I reallocated it back in chunks as it leveled out and started moving back up. Pretty happy with where I’m sitting now that it’s back to where it was. Should be a large amount of extra from that one move in 20-30 years.

View attachment 297699
Are you invested in only DJIA companies? The rest of the market blasted past those February levels a couple weeks ago.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I got my AAPL shares bitches! Whats funny is Fidelity is still "calculating" everything but the "value" of my holding is multiplying the shares by the close price of $500. I'm gonna appear rich until Monday.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Mine are on Etrade and I didn't get them.

This is clearly a jew conspiracy.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Are you invested in only DJIA companies? The rest of the market blasted past those February levels a couple weeks ago.

Nah it’s spread all over the market. Idk why I use the Dow as my exit target, it’s just what I remember noting before the crash.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I got my AAPL shares bitches! Whats funny is Fidelity is still "calculating" everything but the "value" of my holding is multiplying the shares by the close price of $500. I'm gonna appear rich until Monday.

Tesla did it too on fidelity. My account looks awesome this weekend. Some smart single guys could flash this at a bar to get some tail this weekend.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Why does Fidelity do it now and not Etrade? I am getting irrational with worry here boys!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Why does Fidelity do it now and not Etrade? I am getting irrational with worry here boys!

Nothing in my TD Ameritrade account either yet

I always assumed they were going to do the split on the morning off the day they announced (8/31) before the markets opened

With exception of Walmart (ecom), Apple and Disney (MCU + Starwars movies) i dont find anything worthwhile in DJIA. Theyre all dinosaurs who barely budged in last 6 months.

I barely bother looking outside of NASDAQ, tbh. My goto when Im not sure what to put money into next is just to stuff it into TQQQ (Nasdaq index fund) every time

Bought some TQQQ 3 weeks ago, its already up 24%

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nothing in my TD Ameritrade account either yet

I always assumed they were going to do the split on the morning off the day they announced (8/31) before the markets opened

With exception of Walmart (ecom), Apple and Disney (MCU + Starwars movies) i dont find anything worthwhile in DJIA. Theyre all dinosaurs who barely budged in last 6 months.

I barely bother looking outside of NASDAQ, tbh. My goto when Im not sure what to put money into next is just to stuff it into TQQQ (Nasdaq index fund) every time

Bought some TQQQ 3 weeks ago, its already up 24%
DJIA has some quality companies in it. Not everything can be AAPL and AMZN.

JPM , V , JNJ , HD and UNH for example.

The only downside to going all in on tech is the lack of sector diversity.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
DJIA has some quality companies in it. Not everything can be AAPL and AMZN.

JPM , V , JNJ , HD and UNH for example.

They might be quality from the standpoint of sound financial foundations, decent long term outlook, stability regardless of what happens in economy because everyone will need toilet paper, cell service and medical care but they absolutely suck from the standpoint of making short or medium term profits. Maybe even long term profits.

Here the 52 week high/low for Verizon: 48.84 - 62.22

JNJ barely moved from their pre-covid price
1598729443201.png

Same thing for UNH
1598729527208.png

The only downside to going all in on tech is the lack of sector diversity.

I might agreed with this a few years ago but I dont see NASDAQ as just "tech" anymore. You got retailers (various ecoms, costco), you got manufacturers (Tesla, micron, intel, apple, nvidia), you got biotech/pharma (amgen, gilead) in there, you got telecom (charter, comcast), you got a soft dink company (pepsico), you even have a coffeeshop chain (starbucks) -- its not just all ciscos, googles, facebooks and microsofts.

They all leverage tech more aggressively than others for competitive advantage and push technology based solutions as a product but that is what solves problems most of the time

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Some people may not read that the true value isn't reading right on Vanguard and see it drop on Monday and start swinging from the tree out front like Robinhood goons have already done.
1598734792457.png

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
just checked my brokerage acct

they updated my tesla stock quantities, but didnt update the price -- i was so happy for a moment

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They might be quality from the standpoint of sound financial foundations, decent long term outlook, stability regardless of what happens in economy because everyone will need toilet paper, cell service and medical care but they absolutely suck from the standpoint of making short or medium term profits. Maybe even long term profits.

Here the 52 week high/low for Verizon: 48.84 - 62.22

JNJ barely moved from their pre-covid price
View attachment 297807

Same thing for UNH
View attachment 297808

I might agreed with this a few years ago but I dont see NASDAQ as just "tech" anymore. You got retailers (various ecoms, costco), you got manufacturers (Tesla, micron, intel, apple, nvidia), you got biotech/pharma (amgen, gilead) in there, you got telecom (charter, comcast), you got a soft dink company (pepsico), you even have a coffeeshop chain (starbucks) -- its not just all ciscos, googles, facebooks and microsofts.

They all leverage tech more aggressively than others for competitive advantage and push technology based solutions as a product but that is what solves problems most of the time

The QQQ is my largest single holding. I am not any near anti-tech. I am quite overweight tech. I remember the tech bubble bursting in 2000.

"In March of 2000, everything started to change. On March 10, the combined values of stocks on the NASDAQ was at $6.71 trillion; the crash began March 11. By March 30, the NASDAQ was valued at $6.02 trillion. On April 6, 2000, it was $5.78 trillion. In less than a month, nearly a trillion dollars worth of stock value had completely evaporated."

Experience has taught me to value portfolio diversity. I absolutely understand this will cost me some return over time vs someone all in. I'm ok with it for the security it provides. Others feel different.

Also. V isn't Verizon. V is Visa.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
The QQQ is my largest single holding. I am not any near anti-tech. I am quite overweight tech. I remember the tech bubble bursting in 2000.

"In March of 2000, everything started to change. On March 10, the combined values of stocks on the NASDAQ was at $6.71 trillion; the crash began March 11. By March 30, the NASDAQ was valued at $6.02 trillion. On April 6, 2000, it was $5.78 trillion. In less than a month, nearly a trillion dollars worth of stock value had completely evaporated."

Experience has taught me to value portfolio diversity. I absolutely understand this will cost me some return over time vs someone all in. I'm ok with it for the security it provides. Others feel different.

Also. V isn't Verizon. V is Visa.

I dont disagree with you on the general concept of diversification, I just think Nasdaq is already quite diversified.

I also dont think the dotcom bubble of 1990s is reflective of today's nasdaq and tech economy either. Internet was still a novelty in 2000, people still paid $19.95 for monthly dialup, people were still afraid to shop online because "someone might steal your credit card", etc. today its basically the foundation for our economy. Back in 1998 there was still a huge segment of population that thought internet was just a fad.

If you bought Visa on Jan 1, 2020 -- you'd be buying it at 191 per share, today its $215. You'd literally make 5% after 8 months of one of the greatest bull markets in modern history. That is just straight up horrible. I have no idea why people would buy and hold that stock, or LHM or JNJ. I don't think you're minimizing risk by diversifying into stocks that barely move, I think you're exposing yourself to more risk by putting money in companies that arent growing their stock price. If they're not growing stock price, then theyre exposed to having their stock price from some one-off event like Covid, or getting a boycott because people all of a sudden decided your brand name might be racist (maybe like Mastercard) Anyways, just my personal opinion. Different people have different philosophies, goals, needs.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'm strongly considering liquidating all my holdings as we get close to the election. It's looking more and more possible that we get a result that isn't immediately "accepted" by the other side leading to the markets tanking.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I'm strongly considering liquidating all my holdings as we get close to the election. It's looking more and more possible that we get a result that isn't immediately "accepted" by the other side leading to the markets tanking.

I'll end up dumping prolly 75% before the election

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Timing the market is rough, even on something like the election. Those who sold before the 2016 got caught out when it blasted up.

I am thinking of using Puts to hedge. If it drops I ride it out and make bank on the options. If it doesn't drop i lose the premium on the Puts but ride the wave higher.