• 1Like
  • 1Trump
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
im not liquidating anything
trumps gonna win and im letting it all ride

I have a few longs I’ll hold, but I’m prolly out of Tesla after battery hype.

Might be a huge mistake, but I just can’t see it not crashing at some point

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
im not liquidating anything
trumps gonna win and im letting it all ride
I don't think the election will impact much (probably a slide if Biden wins), but I think sometime around the end of the year we're going to get a major correction when this shutdown finally comes to roost. We're on borrowed time I think before the economy takes a major hit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
1598875273144.png

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Shares of AAPL and TSLA doing a lot of boucing. TSLA mostly near flat and AAPL up about 1.5%. AAPL volume is insane. Almost 30 million shares traded in the first 10 minutes of trading. 8 million for TSLA.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok, I might have asked this before but I am struggling a bit with my index fund allocation. I have VTSAX (Total Stock Market, 74%), VTIAX (International, 20%), and VBTLX (Total Bond, 4%) in my portfolio because I am an amateur and wanted to go with the boglehead 3 fund allocation. The problem is that I have had pretty awful results from international and bond funds for my entire investing career. They used to be bellwethers to 'balance' the US stock market but it seems like international funds have been dogs for 20 years as the endemic failures of their monetary and economic policies have been exposed. The bond funds seem to be dogs since we hit this 'new normal' of super low interest rates and a Fed that is terrified of bringing them back up to even nominal levels. I just turned 39 so I have about two decades left of investing, 15 of which I believe should be trying to maximize gains. Should I jump out of the bond and international to put it all into the Total Stock Market fund? It is technically diversifying since it is a bunch of different stocks and it seems to me like the other two funds are both going to go in the same direction if our market takes a dive.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Ok, I might have asked this before but I am struggling a bit with my index fund allocation. I have VTSAX (Total Stock Market, 74%), VTIAX (International, 20%), and VBTLX (Total Bond, 4%) in my portfolio because I am an amateur and wanted to go with the boglehead 3 fund allocation. The problem is that I have had pretty awful results from international and bond funds for my entire investing career. They used to be bellwethers to 'balance' the US stock market but it seems like international funds have been dogs for 20 years as the endemic failures of their monetary and economic policies have been exposed. The bond funds seem to be dogs since we hit this 'new normal' of super low interest rates and a Fed that is terrified of bringing them back up to even nominal levels. I just turned 39 so I have about two decades left of investing, 15 of which I believe should be trying to maximize gains. Should I jump out of the bond and international to put it all into the Total Stock Market fund? It is technically diversifying since it is a bunch of different stocks and it seems to me like the other two funds are both going to go in the same direction if our market takes a dive.

I only hold some international if there's a dem president. I held it during obama and it did me good, liquidated them hard before trump. Current allocation is about 50% VOO 50% MGK with my ETF fund money. While I have put total market into my fund at times, and probably will move money into some prior to election, I don't consider it an ideal investment. S&P (VOO) is probably the investment you should start with and think about things from there. While you won't maximize with it, you'll always do better than the average.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>

Just put it all in QQQ (Nasdaq Index fund) and enjoy the gainz. Mine is up 25% in last 4 weeks.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
Shares of AAPL and TSLA doing a lot of boucing. TSLA mostly near flat and AAPL up about 1.5%. AAPL volume is insane. Almost 30 million shares traded in the first 10 minutes of trading. 8 million for TSLA.

Tesla already up 3.4% today

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Tesla back to 2k in 3 months. I can finally buy a house in LA. lol jk fuck LA

• 1Worf

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Tesla back to 2k in 3 months. I can finally buy a house anywhere in US for half of what it would cost me to do it in LA. lol jk fuck LA with a bag of donkey dicks because it sucks big fat donkey dicks.

FTFY

• 2Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
We are in a lot of deep uncharted waters right now trying to predict the future. Historically, the US recovers faster than the rest of the globe so global should start hitting its stride at some point. The idea of the bogglehead trio is re-allocations will force you to sell high and buy low as you trim and buy each quarter to maintain your ratios. The risk is bonds could be a shit investment for years.

Selling international now probably means eating a loss and you would miss out on the ramp up once a vaccine happens within 12 months. If it were me, I would dump the bonds, move it into the Total Stock and run your allocation at 80/20. Re-allocate every 3 or 6 months. The risk is that global stays depressed and you have the opportunity cost of lost returns by not being 100% US total. The flip is that Biden wins, US tanks and money flows into Global and gets compounded with a vaccine and you miss this gap up.

That is how I see the options.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I just don't understand Tesla at ALL. I have very little of it, but every day it goes up so much and I feel like the fool. Apple I can get behind more and just switched out my ASML holding for more apple.

What in the HELL is driving Tesla up so much??

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just don't understand Tesla at ALL. I have very little of it, but every day it goes up so much and I feel like the fool. Apple I can get behind more and just switched out my ASML holding for more apple.

giphy.gif

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

1598887065939.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Its 5x more affordable today!