Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know its not sexy, but UNH is getting close to its 50 DMA at $289.33
For a long term investment it might be worth looking at. It makes a fuckton of money every year.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Think we just hit "fuck it, sell it all" mode for today. Markets hate uncertainty. Only 7% in the green for the NYSE.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Related?
Yeah I mentioned that earlier. it was a leak to the press (might be Buzzfeed) of government transaction documents from years ago. The newest was from back in 2017. People doing anything to tank the market because "Orange Man Bad".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Also the UK thinking about a new lockdown and shutting down international travel is what assfucked the airlines. And then that sent fears of Coronachan through the global markets.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
A lot of tech stocks are just above some air pockets at these levels. It's making me think twice about buying them here.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Vaporware is what we call it when its a few piddly million involved in an online game. Securities fraud is what we call it when it involves tens of billions in a public corporation.

If they had hired Duke Nukem's George Broussard as a consultant, they could have kept this scam going for years.

SeanDoe1z1

I tossed my 401K into bonds / cash last Friday from an aggressively tech-saturated fund.

Definitely "feels" right. Not sure on the catalyst that will pull me in before the election, if there will be any, I feel like the sheep leading the sheep (Rightfully so).

Just seems like the last two big sell offs and I feel a big media shit storm ready to get max # of eyeballs out there on it.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I tossed my 401K into bonds / cash last Friday from an aggressively tech-saturated fund.

Definitely "feels" right. Not sure on the catalyst that will pull me in before the election, if there will be any, I feel like the sheep leading the sheep (Rightfully so).

Just seems like the last two big sell offs and I feel a big media shit storm ready to get max # of eyeballs out there on it.
That's the right move I think. I wanted to pull out a few weeks ago but didn't pull the trigger.

SeanDoe1z1

2017 into 18 burned me hard wanting to chase that golden dragon and avoiding correction talk. I figure on a 401K pulling the risk carpet is one of the better things I can do and I learn the timing of my fund. I didn't realize within 24 hours I could be out entirely. Newb positions I am just learning.

I really don't care to be wrong either. Just not willing to be "right" the other way and rather leave on an acceptable note.

Funny money is on a VALE swing was just hoping to scalp some points and exiting regardless tomorrow, at a loss now.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I was moving toward some cash and a lot less tech exposure heading toward elections like I had said I was going to here. I had only moved like 25% of what I planned, so definitely got poked this last couple weeks. At this point I'll probably just ride what I have. I was expecting some down before the elections, but thought it'd be closer to them. From now I guess I gotta look toward being in place to ride the wave if Trump wins, which is starting to look more likely than not to me.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am the exact opposite strategy right now so we will have a good comparison to look at at the end of the year. I added to my UNH position down at $293. I have an order to start a GOOGL position at $1400 and it bottomed at $1402 (that is still open in case the bottom falls out in the next 30 minutes), Was looking to add to MSFT at $193 but missed like GOOGLE, and JPM at $93 but missed by less than $1. I have AMZN at $2800 but didnt come close on that one.

PSTH set a new high today. Rumors are swirling of Ackman making a second run at AirBnB due to the IPO climate maybe not being good for them right now. I dont know if its true or not, but I love that it is setting new highs. My gut is this thing will explode when he announces a target no matter who it is. Its up 16.5% on basically nothing since it began at $20.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I'm all in and resigned to my fate. Huge positions in ASML, Qualcom, and S&P index. moderate position in travel, QQQ, Japanese companies involved in various stages of chip manufacturing, and Apple. tiny bit of tesla.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Did y'all make it out of GE when you had the chance?

1600719709080.png