Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And another one of my spacs is halted in early morning at +35%, ACTC based on news of buying an EV bus producer

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And this is why you only buy spacs at 10-11 or if they have a LoI/merger

• 1Quality Calories

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And this is why you only buy spacs at 10-11 or if they have a LoI/merger

I have analyzed a ton of SPAC data trends. They really do follow a pattern. Its why I will never chase a SPAC I missed in the 10-11 range. Homeruns are amazing, but Wade Boggs, Tony Gwynn and Ichiro all went to the Hall of Fame hitting singles and doubles while not striking out. I am ok with a strat of cleaning up 30-50% gains while having ultra limited downside risk. Just be picky on the Founders and dont be a hog.

edit: I should have added that the safe play is a SPAC in the $10 - $15 range. Meaning you buy as close to $10 as possible and the odds are highly in your favor of hitting $14 - $15 at some point before the merge.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We havent discussed it yet but earnings season is upon us. The first big names start hitting Thursday and Friday...

1610459414102.png

1610459450220.png

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Companies begin reporting their earnings for the last quarter this week. This is normally a big driver on stock market movements.

Was a joke...

Seeing the constant stream of "I invested 2k into Tesla, and now I'm worth millions" stories is making me bitter.

• 1Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Was a joke...

Seeing the constant stream of "I invested 2k into Tesla, and now I'm worth millions" stories is making me bitter.
This is why America is the land of opportunity. Imagine if people had invested all those stimulus checks in TSLA or LAZR or PLTR instead of buying another big screen tv.

• 2Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just took a small position in CBMJ, hoping to ride some blow back on all the censorship going around. Conservative broadcast media

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
After about 3 weeks of trying to add to my CRM position at $215 it finally popped. Now of course expect it to plunge 10% by then end of the day.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
As always Sanrith and Fogel, thanks for the suggestions. Putting a stop order on my CCIV now heh

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As always Sanrith and Fogel, thanks for the suggestions. Putting a stop order on my CCIV now heh
Consider this, its still only rumor. If the rumor pans out and they announce a formal deal to buy the EV company I expect it to have another significant pop upwards. Of if the rumor turns out to be just a rumor it could end up back at $10.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I suspect out of the 4 big spac breakouts today ACTC will have the longest legs. The reason I say this is because part of their PIPE funding involves this guy:

Anyone not familiar with him, he's had several big spacs himself, IPOA, IPOB, IPOC, etc that have all gone 50+%, and has developed a bit of a cult following. So anything he touches instantly gets a lot of activity.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Up over 5% today on my F (Ford) swing from yesterday's close. Great Daily / Weekly chart.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Consider this, its still only rumor. If the rumor pans out and they announce a formal deal to buy the EV company I expect it to have another significant pop upwards. Of if the rumor turns out to be just a rumor it could end up back at $10.
Yea that is why I have a stop in place for half my shares, figure if it is only a rumor I get some easy profits to buy more again later, and if I am wrong can always keep the other half to the moon =]

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I suspect out of the 4 big spac breakouts today ACTC will have the longest legs. The reason I say this is because part of their PIPE funding involves this guy:

Anyone not familiar with him, he's had several big spacs himself, IPOA, IPOB, IPOC, etc that have all gone 50+%, and has developed a bit of a cult following. So anything he touches instantly gets a lot of activity.
Chamath makes me kind of leary. At first I was like, go get em.. but then i started researching him and his SPACS, He pumps them out like an assembly line, gorges himself off the Founder's shares and if you actually read the wording on his SPACs he charges a fee to exercise your warrants into shares. That struck me as a real shitty thing to include in the foundation documents. Its very money-grabbish.