Investing General Discussion

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Oddly enough. I might add more shares. I still believe they have a good Block Chain model.

Oh I did. I can't let a good scandal go to waste.

re: CCIV what ended up being the "big announcement"? My shares still flat around the 18 I paid for them, no crash or moon.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haven't heard anything since the meeting that was supposed to take place at 2, but we're also assuming they would release the details of the meeting anytime soon

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TRIT back down to 8 and change, seems to be about the class action lawsuits re-rearing their ugly head
I really had high hopes for TRIT. It was one of the few SPACs who had a business model I really liked. Too bad they had to fuck it up with the CEO cross-ownership shenanigans.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like I am the proud owner of some KO. Strike was $50 and I got 25 cent premium and the close is $48.70 so I look to be down 95 cents overall. A few weeks of covered calls and I should be in the black.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I took profits off TRIT, but still have some... You thought it was a long term hold, is that still your opinion?

My basis is 8.30... so I'm in a good spot

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I took profits off TRIT, but still have some... You thought it was a long term hold, is that still your opinion?

My basis is 8.30... so I'm in a good spot
Before the fuckery with the largest customer being about to declare bankruptcy and owing TRIT 7 million AND being owned by the same CEO as TRIT, yeah I liked them a lot as a long term play. I don't trust them now. If they got bought by someone trustworthy I might circle back.

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TWTR - My heart bleeds for poor Jack.

1610750567163.png

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Every conservative millionaire should short the fuck out of twitter, it's a fucking shame they aren't

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Every conservative millionaire should short the fuck out of twitter, it's a fucking shame they aren't
It has driven me to (as I posted a few days ago) move away from QQQ as my primary core ETF and over to FTEC (Fidelity's Tech ETF). FTEC doesn't have any companies from the XLC (Communication sector) so no TWTR, GOOG, GOOL or FB. That makes me happy. I will still trade the QQQ's because of its liquidity, but for buy/hold its now FTEC. And its net fee is much lower than QQQ (0.08%).

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
It has driven me to (as I posted a few days ago) move away from QQQ as my primary core ETF and over to FTEC (Fidelity's Tech ETF). FTEC doesn't have any companies from the XLC (Communication sector) so no TWTR, GOOG, GOOL or FB. That makes me happy. I will still trade the QQQ's because of its liquidity, but for buy/hold its now FTEC. And its net fee is much lower than QQQ (0.08%).

How does it compatre to TQQQ?

Ive been using TQQQ over QQQ to park money while trying to figure out next move

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How does it compatre to TQQQ?

Ive been using TQQQ over QQQ to park money while trying to figure out next move
TQQQ is 3x leveraged. FTEC is non-leveraged but uses a different index. I will find my post with the info and reply to it so it comes up.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Some research later, FTEC (Fidelity's tech sector ETF) uses a different index to mirror (MSCI USA IMI Information Technology 25/50 Index) than the XLK. It has a much larger basket of holdings and includes a lot of smaller tech companies. It has a smaller net expense, a slightly lower exposure to the big 5 at the top (AAPL, MSFT, V, NVDA and MA) and outperformed the XLK over the last year buy about 3.5%. Neither the XLK or the FTEC have enough liquidity in the options market to trade them week in and week out, but FTEC may be my go-to as a portfolio long term hold for the tech space. QQQ still outperforms FTEC by about 2-3% due mainly to the QQQ having big chunks of GOOG, GOOGL and FB. But of course my objective is to eliminate them from my portfolio.

View attachment 328222

View attachment 328224
Araysar Araysar here is some info and a chart

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yup just another example to be patient, resold calls for 2/19 $145 strike, did you take your KO shares or close it?
Did the math and opted to take them rather than roll. I end up down just under a buck a share so Ill just sit back and throw some weekly covered calls. Its KO, so not like I am worried about it. I am actually going to think it through and maybe slot it into my portfolio as a hold since it covers a sector I need exposure to and the dividend yield is nice at a $49.75 cost basis. They have some tax liability issues they are fighting in court and it really tanked it the last 3 or 4 days. If they win in court it should take a nice pop back up.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Did the math and opted to take them rather than roll. I end up down just under a buck a share so Ill just sit back and throw some weekly covered calls. Its KO, so not like I am worried about it. I am actually going to think it through and maybe slot it into my portfolio as a hold since it covers a sector I need exposure to and the dividend yield is nice at a $49.75 cost basis. They have some tax liability issues they are fighting in court and it really tanked it the last 3 or 4 days. If they win in court it should take a nice pop back up.

Long term hold for me as you know, can make steady income on it selling options. Have been selling $55 strike calls against it last few months but now with price sub 50 those aren't going to pay crap, just be ready to sell a call on a price spike

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Long term hold for me as you know, can make steady income on it selling options. Have been selling $55 strike calls against it last few months but now with price sub 50 those aren't going to pay crap, just be ready to sell a call on a price spike
I know you hold it long term. How do you think I ended up choosing it for the option write. I, of course, blame you for it tanking after I wrote it :)

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I sold puts on it this month as well since I'm willing to take the position double it's current size, but I sold mine at $48 strike, resold those this week at $47.50 strike for 2/19.

I had taken a gamble this week and closed my $270 strike calls on LMT for pennies and resold 1/15 exp $250 strike for a nice haul, thankfully they expired worthless today and rolled them back to 2/19 $270s.

You guys flinging your penny stocks had me feeling frisky today and I took some risk and sold puts on FB at a $240 strike for a very juicy $8.90 premium

• 2Like