Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So Citron was supposed to have a big presentation on why GME was going to shoot back down to 20, and complained about technical issues while GME is up 8% today to end it all by saying people were hacking their twitters - Fucking boomer shorts

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That face when your limit order to buy is at $130.50 and the stock bounces at $130.505

jim halpert no GIF

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
So Citron was supposed to have a big presentation on why GME was going to shoot back down to 20, and complained about technical issues while GME is up 8% today to end it all by saying people were hacking their twitters - Fucking boomer shorts

shitron looking desperate, I bought back in 200 shares to help in the struggle

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hmm NGA just keeps going down every day. I’m still up 17%, wondering if I should just get out. Was up 45% last week!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hmm NGA just keeps going down every day. I’m still up 17%, wondering if I should just get out. Was up 45% last week!

It hit 26 and has trended up almost 10% to over 28.5, so there's that. I still think it'll trade sideways for a little bit before going back up to it's previous high

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
As soon as I sell my covered calls on KO it goes green. You're welcome Blazin Blazin

I settled on a lousy .25 for 2/19 C55 last week.

I bought PG today, sold puts on C and PEP.

Sold AMZN for 7% profit in 5 days. Feeling a little over exposed and pushing past goals so dumped this one. I hate positions that I can't sell calls against and I just don't want to own 100 shares of this. Would love for them to do a split just for that reason, even if they would just do a 2:1

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Made 20% on WWR today. In at $6.14 and out 3/4 of the position at 7.40. Going to let the rest ride to see if it can break over the 7.60 pivot for a bigger move.

Man, what a year so far!!

• 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Wife and I max our personal and simple IRAs every year. I'm looking to plug a couple extra grand a month into etfs. Attempting to pick some good sectors to hold.

Globalism is winning so i'm thinking big tech big ecommerce. Also contemplating dipping into tourism / hospitality soon, attempting to time the bottom and hoping the whole narrative around covid and the economy will change by next year. Healthcare maybe? What are some sectors that some of you buy and hold guys are confident in over the next decade?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wife and I max our personal and simple IRAs every year. I'm looking to plug a couple extra grand a month into etfs. Attempting to pick some good sectors to hold.

Globalism is winning so i'm thinking big tech big ecommerce. Also contemplating dipping into tourism / hospitality soon, attempting to time the bottom and hoping the whole narrative around covid and the economy will change by next year. Healthcare maybe? What are some sectors that some of you buy and hold guys are confident in over the next decade?

I bought TAN, ICLN, ACES, and CNRG to capitalize on the clean/green energy push. Bought in december and they're all up 20% since, they've consolidated a little over the last two weeks so should be a good time to buy in.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
ZNTE stilling going up - Vague rumor it could be this company:

I also have some NBAC

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also reminder - MARA, RIOT, BTBT and a few others mirror BTC - I made 80% on MARA last time BTC got close to 40k. CAN claims to be in the same boat, but I was flat on them the same time MARA went up.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So since there isn't a separate taxes thread, how big of a pain in the ass is it going to be to convert/reclassify the traditional IRA contributions I made in 2020 to Roth IRA contributions since I made too much money for the traditional IRA to have any tax advantage?

Also my FSLEX | Fidelity Select Environment and Alternative Energy Portfolio Overview | MarketWatch is up 44% from when I bought it. $$$.

FLPSX | Fidelity Low-Priced Stock Fund Overview | MarketWatch was my second highest earner, 34%, probably because I bought it when it was so far down.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I settled on a lousy .25 for 2/19 C55 last week.

I bought PG today, sold puts on C and PEP.

Sold AMZN for 7% profit in 5 days. Feeling a little over exposed and pushing past goals so dumped this one. I hate positions that I can't sell calls against and I just don't want to own 100 shares of this. Would love for them to do a split just for that reason, even if they would just do a 2:1
PG was the order I missed buy 0.005 cents.

I was up 9% on AMZN and almost pulled the trigger on my position. With earnings in a few weeks I got greedy and held on to it figuring they will crush earnings and then I will dump on the spike.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I tend to avoid sectors as a whole except Tech. For buy and hold I prefer the entire market (for example ITOT) or the SP500/QQQ (or FTEC if you want to avoid comm companies like social media). IXUS is a solid international all world ex-US fund if you want global equities.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So since there isn't a separate taxes thread, how big of a pain in the ass is it going to be to convert/reclassify the traditional IRA contributions I made in 2020 to Roth IRA contributions since I made too much money for the traditional IRA to have any tax advantage?

Also my FSLEX | Fidelity Select Environment and Alternative Energy Portfolio Overview | MarketWatch is up 44% from when I bought it. $$$.

FLPSX | Fidelity Low-Priced Stock Fund Overview | MarketWatch was my second highest earner, 34%, probably because I bought it when it was so far down.
I can't help with that. My wife is the tax wonk.