Investing General Discussion

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Slow day so far but looks like we got our first halt for GME and its a halt up, this thing is a fucking soap opera. AMC dropped back down to 4.6. Everything else is looking pretty flat as far as spacs

Yeah it’s a pretty boring day for most things. FUSE and ZNTE doing nada on low volume.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When PLTR is down 5%

Baby Reaction GIF

And then you remember you are still up 250%

snoop dogg GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Im down 5% today, i need these wsb faggots to stop fucking with the markets

• 1Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
So I know nothing about how the stock market works in reality. Can someone explain to me why this gamestop thing is working, and why wouldnt something like this keep happening to other stocks if it seems to have been this easy to manipulate it by a bunch of reddit people.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
(regarding EV in heavy machinery) Only thing I can ad is there are no large ships doing EV except a few in Norway that shuttle back and forth between inlets. The big ships NEED the power of oil or they have zero range. Learned this on a cruise I was on :)

(regarding EV in heavy machinery) Only thing I can ad is there are no large ships doing EV except a few in Norway that shuttle back and forth between inlets. The big ships NEED the power of oil or they have zero range. Learned this on a cruise I was on :)
I could see it in certian ships. Ferries. Not the ones that run 24/7 but here across the MS river they have ferries that run a few hours in the morning and a few hours in the afternoon. So lots of time to stop and charge and need very short range. Of course the entire waterway is centered around fossil fuel boats like tugs going 24/7 up and down.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So I know nothing about how the stock market works in reality. Can someone explain to me why this gamestop thing is working, and why wouldnt something like this keep happening to other stocks if it seems to have been this easy to manipulate it by a bunch of reddit people.

The manipulation was from the instituional investors that shorted 100% of the stock. Didn't hurt that gamestop had name recognition as opposed to some other stock most people had never heard of, and it was not in great shape and people knew it. Once margins were called and the shorters had to sell their stocks at a loss to cover it people posted screenshots of their quick gains and the rest.....Perfect storm, needed a well known company, needed 100% shorts, needed the right number of shares outstanding, needed the right bullhorn to get the word out to the right people.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

It only seems easy but no other stock is as shorted as Gamestop is. So the shorts got too greedy and over shorted it and people hate shorts. Add to this that WSB and Robinhood has made trading easier than ever made it the perfect storm.

Short squeezes do happen all the time like this, just not at these levels so they don't make the news

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It only seems easy but no other stock is as shorted as Gamestop is. So the shorts got too greedy and over shorted it and people hate shorts. Add to this that WSB and Robinhood has made trading easier than ever made it the perfect storm.

Short squeezes do happen all the time like this, just not at these levels so they don't make the news
The 150% float is what's fucking them yeah.

They can't escape.

• 1Like