Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think "they" really fucked up with the 'racist, hate speech, white people' angle of attack on wsb and it's discord. Just when they didn't need more people talking about the absolute bullshit tools their using to censor people they do it again when everyone is looking, and it's against the little guy to protect the most elite of elite. oof
It's their go to response. They won't stop until it stops working.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think "they" really fucked up with the 'racist, hate speech, white people' angle of attack on wsb and it's discord. Just when they didn't need more people talking about the absolute bullshit tools their using to censor people they do it again when everyone is looking, and it's against the little guy to protect the most elite of elite. oof
Honestly, this was perfect timing for that. Not to get too politics thread here, but there are about 70+ million pissed off Americans. To do this so shortly after is just impeccable timing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ppl think wsb is gonna go down

the donald already made a forum for them

wsbets dot win

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's why I left it in during covid, telling Furry timing was impossible.

But I just get a bad feeling about the next week with the rest of the market getting dragged down because of GME shorts. Which is crazy to say.
Do you use TSP tracker or any service? I originally managed my TSP, but found it too meticulous to care and left it in an L fund

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The guy that I posted a few videos and others talking about the short that also does right to repair made a video today about some of the media calling the wall street bets deal a "hack" and how many people will literally see it as a true hack, oh noes they hacked the exchanges and investment companies and changed the stock price. Also went off on how non tech savy the politicians are. It's coming. The spin machine is working over time to spin multiple ways this was not the brokerage firms and investment firms fault.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Do you use TSP tracker or any service? I originally managed my TSP, but found it too meticulous to care and left it in an L fund

I'm really old. Every time I see TSP I can't help but think of Tri Sodium Phosphate cleaner. Which I'm not sure you can really buy in it's old form anymore.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I'm really old. Every time I see TSP I can't help but think of Tri Sodium Phosphate cleaner. Which I'm not sure you can really buy in it's old form anymore.
Meant to be Thrift Savings Plan for us sad souls working for the Gov’t.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Do normies really know what's going on now though? None of my buddies have no idea they are just asking me if I have gamestop stock. They have no clue why it's going through the roof. If it wasn't for this thread I'd have no clue either.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Do normies really know what's going on now though? None of my buddies have no idea they are just asking me if I have gamestop stock. They have no clue why it's going through the roof. If it wasn't for this thread I'd have no clue either.

This will come and go with most people having no earthly idea what caused it. Which will make it easy for financial institutions and the media to spin it.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Legal stuff and going after redditors. At one point he says that the big hedge fund guys with billions of dollars going on all the talk shows to get millions of people watching to do X isn't manipulation but going to an internet site and millions of people agreeing themselves on their own individual accounts to invest in something is.

Can watch the whole thing but good stuff around 3:12 in.

What a world.

• 2Tiresome
  • 1WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the NASAQ ceo pushing for halting to allow investment companies and hedge funds time to recalibrate is one of the biggest jokes I've heard in a loooong time. Right up there with totally clueless people that act like they should get a "do over". Then they act all upset when the peons/common folk talk about how the system is rigged in their own favor.

Is this the same bitch that wants a person of color on every board of directors in the NASDAQ? jesus

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
So if we did think this was going to pop the bubble and send the market spiraling, what's the best way to take advantage of that?

I have some -1x inverse etfs already. I'm not savvy at all though (if you couldn't tell). Buy more -1x inverse etfs? I don't really want to mess with the -2 or -3.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Legal stuff and going after redditors. At one point he says that the big hedge fund guys with billions of dollars going on all the talk shows to get millions of people watching to do X isn't manipulation but going to an internet site and millions of people agreeing themselves on their own individual accounts to invest in something is.

Can watch the whole thing but good stuff around 3:12 in.

What a world.

What an absolute dickhead

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The arrogance in which all these financial talking heads have been dealing with this series of events is pretty fantastic to watch.

I can only imagine they think we're all a bunch of drooling invalids and if they just say "Trust me, these other things aren't the same, I'm a professional" we'll just believe them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
So the day is winding down. Post your actual (non-paper) realized gains/losses from AMC/GME. Its dick measuring time.

AMC - 100 shares in at $7.60 and out at $15.50. Gain of $790 for about 30 market minutes.

AMC ENTERTAINMENT HOLDINGS INC3,500.000+$70,398.42+$40,036.50+$30,361.92

You will recognize this line from fidelity closed positions. shares, proceeds, cost basis, realized gains. In that order.

edit, forgot the Roth. Here is the closed position line for that:

AMC ENTERTAINMENT HOLDINGS INC450.000+$7,604.83+$3,691.42--+$3,913.41

Today was just crazy. Clown world indeed. I have 1k AMC shares left because someone here said shit was gonna "go down" in the AH. Well shit did go down, but not in the way we wanted lol. Hopefully it pops tomorrow. I sold some NOK today and some other shit too. Large NOK position sitting in the Roth for tomorrow at around 5.8 cost basis. I hope it pops but out of all the meme stocks today (BBBY, BB and all that) I think NOK is the only one with a "real" future, so even if it does nothing or sinks a little I won't feel soul crushed like if I got caught holding a GME or AMC bag (or worse BB/BBBY/or trash clothes retailers).

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
A little satire.

E981B380-0E75-4EBC-A4EE-1B963D6D9F59.jpeg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Some do, some don't. I got an email from a woman I know that is totally "my husband takes care of all that" about it today. Saying she had read up on it. I think some eyes are opening but the media is driving hard the spin machine. It was racist that did it, it was a true hack, it was market manipulation.