Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
etfs full of derivates I guess - just looked it up

Didn't we start last year with lots of proshares leveraged etfs getting nuked from orbit? This year already feels close enough to Deja vu.

I just hope that this turns into a disaster big enough that Biden's first major bill is literally the wallstreet bailout bill.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't we start last year with lots of proshares leveraged etfs getting nuked from orbit? This year already feels close enough to Deja vu.

I just hope that this turns into a disaster big enough that Biden's first major bill is literally the wallstreet bailout bill.

no idea i'm only a level four expert with 36 hours of experience under my belt

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What if all this does is get the MAGA train onboard as well on the meme stocks?
That's what I've been saying.

All they've done here is made people say, "Fuck, I don't even care about the money anymore, I just want to stick it to the 1%."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Talk of bubble. Earlier in the day Energy sector was the only sector green. It finished the day in the red, the least red sector. Why? State after state have been impacted with the Biden executive orders limiting oil leases which is a huge chunk of a number of states budget and impact millions of high paying jobs from engineers, pilots on down. Sure demand is going to go up now that the virus magically went away but just today have a list of multiple refineries and chemical plants in a small state that are having new layoffs and shutting down multiple lines for an indefinite period. I guess they believe flying will save it.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
That's what I've been saying.

All they've done here is made people say, "Fuck, I don't even care about the money anymore, I just want to stick it to the 1%."
If I could see stonks as anything other than advanced gambling I would probably get more into this, but I seriously hope they get to fleece the 1% for everything they have.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If I could see stonks as anything other than advanced gambling I would probably get more into this, but I seriously hope they get to fleece the 1% for everything they have.
I'm too risk averse.

Even with high 6 figures in net worth, I only put $1k in. Depending on what happens tomorrow, I may throw another $1k in, but that's it.

I have a significant amount to lose if this topples the market. See the above. But I'm all for inflicting pain on these fuckers even if it means I take a bath.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
More media assassination of *rolls dice* traders.

Now they’re going to spin that people who trade stocks = Trump = bad = these people are okay to regulate / trample, racist plebs making money is bad.

Yeah but no one is going to fall for this. Even hyper-woke liberal twitter is drinking up wallstreet tears and/or getting in on this.

Distinct twitter communities that I've seen talking about this non-stop for the past couple days:

Cybersecurity twitter.
Dev twitter (including dev xhers twitter.)
Social media manager twitter.
Even THOT twitter.

I think we finally found the one thing everyone can agree on.

1611809354374.png

1611810660349.png

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but no one is going to fall for this. Even hyper-woke liberal twitter is drinking up wallstreet tears and/or getting in on this.

Distinct twitter communities that I've seen talking about this non-stop for the past couple days:

Cybersecurity twitter.
Even THOT twitter.

View attachment 331564

View attachment 331579

Its amusing watching "woke twitter" completely forget that they were just dirty OWS hippies who were brainwashed into the myth of "white supremacy" in order to take the heat off wall street

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah. If there's one thing we can agree on, it's fuck the rich.

It's pretty amazing to me that Reddit of all places is what caused us to reignite the class warfare from post Great Recession. They sidetracked us for a decade with a race war, but now it's game on again.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the most shocking thing is this is not spammed all over wsb:

1611811225807.jpeg

• 8Worf
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

Cybersecurity twitter.
Even THOT twitter.

View attachment 331564

View attachment 331579

Well that’s a silver lining!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the most shocking thing is this is not spammed all over wsb:

View attachment 331580
Been reading it most of the afternoon.

They do refer to themselves as faggots, apes, morons, etc. It's pretty self depricating.

Heck, there was a super serious, long post about when to sell, and the last point was "you're probably gay" and it was like a 500 word paragraph.

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I wish there was a way to know how many THOTS have opened up an RH account in the past week and started pouring their THOTbucks into this shit.

Gask

Nothing new but it was entertaining anyway.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I wish there was a way to know how many THOTS have opened up an RH account in the past week and started pouring their THOTbucks into this shit.
Are you an expert on thots opening their accounts. If so gross.

Borzak

Yeah. If there's one thing we can agree on, it's fuck the rich.

It's pretty amazing to me that Reddit of all places is what caused us to reignite the class warfare from post Great Recession. They sidetracked us for a decade with a race war, but now it's game on again.

The short was a well orchestrated deal with the hedge funds, the instituional investors and the broker that either skirted the rules and operated in the gray area or ignored them entirely.

Well orchestrated, till it wasn't lol. It didn't happen by accident. Wasn't some random aligning of the stars.

I'm old. I remember when I was much much younger and the internet wasn't a thing yet there would be sock groups kind of like computer groups. People would get together once a week or once a month and discuss what stocks to buy/sell and some of them would pool together and buy them. Apparently just discussing stocks now can be labeled hate speech. Not giving advice in the guise of professional stock buying advice. Just I bought X stock for Y reason. Hate speech. That's pretty damn dangerous. Of course not surprising in this day and age.

First job out of high school had nothing to do with the market at all. The owner bought wall street journal subscriptions for all the workers in the office. You'd browse through it at work and talk about things at lunch if something jumped out. That's hate speech now apparently. Oddly enough the owners brother was in a posistion to actually move markets being a near billionaire, I had no idea.

Last edited:

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is there an easy way to see the volume of shorts on a given stock?
I like finviz.com Great overview that shows outstanding shares, insider holds, short float etc and can filter their screener by almost every data point imaginable.