Investing General Discussion

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sadly, that Trump Jr. tweet said it all. This is truly the age of "us vs them". Elite and those in power vs. common plebs.

1. Close redit/other groups talking about it
  2. Remove trends from twitter
  3. Terminate ability to trade for some brokers/apps(WTF on this one literally)
  4. Media campaign about how we are all idiots and shouldnt be allowed to be in the market
  5. Openly discuss new rules for blocking us common folk out of trading

The year of 2021, this is going be a fun fucking ride.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am not saying this to defend anyone but consider the possibility that the small trading platforms might be doing this to save themselves in case a million traders go bankrupt on these trades. It would make more sense then them suddenly getting in the pockets of big Wall Street.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wow, I can't believe Robinhood would crater their entire company to save some small hedge funds.

2021 is crazy.

• 3Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
i've never seen my brokers breaking down like this, still won't let me put any orders in for NOK on Charles Schwab , says the symbol is not recognized.. wft, hopefully everything rallys once the masses figure out where they need to go to actually trade again. People should hang for this shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I typical hate BoA, but the Merrill platform has been working great this morning. No issues

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck this shit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210128-075642_Robinhood.jpg
    Screenshot_20210128-075642_Robinhood.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 1Like
  • 1Tiresome

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't even have fidelity page open right now. How high is the volume? I know yesterday gamestop hit 10x their 90 day daily average for volume in the first hour. There can't be that much volume they're bogging brokerage sites down can it. Got to be just plain fuckery.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I tried making a WeBull account but they’re getting hammered and the account page won’t even load.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Dunno, take my 1200 I still have in profits from this event, or let it ride and see if the autists and gen pop find new places to pump in money from...

I tend to think this is just going to Streisand it and harden some resolve, but will it make up for the giant chunk that just got a knife in their backs?..

Dymond Hanz, or some meh tendies...

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
AMC volume, game stop didn't look bad at all.

Volume146,032,144
90-Day Average Volume54,617,125

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I am not saying this to defend anyone but consider the possibility that the small trading platforms might be doing this to save themselves in case a million traders go bankrupt on these trades. It would make more sense then them suddenly getting in the pockets of big Wall Street.
Yeah, but who is going to stick with Robinhood after this?

It's not like institutional investors are using it.

They killed their entire business model.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The thing about Zoomers is that they will absolutely bail on some shit and move to something else with a swiftness.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
GME squeeze still on the cards, hope everyone has another sale avenue off the apps!

The play has always been GME, tomorrow may be insane. Today is insane.

This whole thing is insane

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Instead of letting it stabilize, create a moral hazard for massively shorting, faggot fucks like you in your tower with your piles of money want to fuck the 99%, "for their own good, of course"

Nailed it. You're worth like what, $1M+ Blazin Blazin ?

You need what, like a 1-2% return on a single trade per month to secure your monthly living expenses? Of course you hate this shit, it jeopardizes your lifestyle.

As opposed to some kid, working for $30k a year, yoloing a paycheck into some stonks and getting back 3-6 months worth of income in a week that helps them climb out of debt, stop living paycheck to paycheck and improve their overall life situation?