Investing General Discussion

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Never used RH wonder if something like this is so far down in the fine print that nobody ever reads.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I sold AMC at +$40k.

womp womp. Can’t complain about 40 grand in a couple of days.

Assss promised, I said if I closed at least +$16k I’d give away $1000. Any idea the best way to randomize a winner, and make it so it’s public? Like, is there a website where you type in a list of names and it randomly picks one? I’ll see if there is, but if you know of one let me know.

Lets not spam the thread with that.

Please *PM* me to enter. At the close of market hours Friday will be the cutoff for entries. I will compile all names until then and find a hopefully public way to pick someone’s name.

I think the best way to do it is just go down the alphabet, starting with the A's. Feel free to ignore all the filthy casuals that showed up in the past 2 weeks.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've never ever heard of brokers refusing to trade certain stonks for the benefit of big wall street before. But I wouldn't be shocked if it happened in the past.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Good interview to watch. You can tell the distain that the CNBC commentator has for the average person in the way he asks his questions especially in part 2. Do these reddit people actually do research??? Jezus.

Pt 1:

Part 2:

Part of all the conflict in the last 10 years is the internet has made the public a lot more informed on issues--especially current events. We're in the middle of a modern reformation, and the elite hate it. It's why there is such a crackdown on "misinformation" and "fake news"--the same reason why the Catholic church made it illegal to have a copy of the bible. Wouldn't want the peasants to think on their own.

Anyway not going to rant in this thread. This has been hysterical to watch, but not touching any of this.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
WPF and ZNTE both up 2% today, money moving back to SPACs?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Feel like I'm playing with house money now. I can hold AMC until it's green again, and if not, I'll just sue Robinhood for market manipulation.

Win-win.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I half assed thought the first next big meltdown in the market was going to be automated trading bots fighting each other in a death loop.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Feel like I'm playing with house money now. I can hold AMC until it's green again, and if not, I'll just sue Robinhood for market manipulation.

Win-win.
Let me know if you do. I'll jump on board the suit. I bought stock yesterday and now it's tanking because Robinhood is blocking people from buying more.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They didn't need to take them all down, just the one the poor people with stimulus have been using.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

Win-win.

Lol, I'll join too

I got a feeling them getting sued is already a given.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These Robinhood takes are great

1611847041206.png

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

Win-win.

Let me know if you do. I'll jump on board the suit. I bought stock yesterday and now it's tanking because Robinhood is blocking people from buying more.

As been said in Political Thread a million times by now, this only works if you expect people to follow the rules.

rigged elections, free speech censorship, deplatforming, and now this -- what makes anyone think the courts will stand up for Joe Investor? They'll just make up some bullshit how they need to protect the retail investors from themselves and skate away to their mansions and islands. I heard this exact narrative already being pushed by that dipshit talking head in the CNBC interview with Chamath yesterday.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Nailed it. You're worth like what, $1M+ Blazin Blazin ?

You need what, like a 1-2% return on a single trade per month to secure your monthly living expenses? Of course you hate this shit, it jeopardizes your lifestyle.

As opposed to some kid, working for $30k a year, yoloing a paycheck into some stonks and getting back 3-6 months worth of income in a week that helps them climb out of debt, stop living paycheck to paycheck and improve their overall life situation?

You guys sure are desperate to have someone to argue with, maybe teekee can come in and take the side you are trying to paint me with. I think it's awesome that some people got to do that, I applaud their ingenuity and willingness to take the gamble. They are no threat to me whatsoever. You do realize I AM that person, I didn't even come from middle class family but lower class I have made my money playing this game not at some big firm but sitting in my gaming chair. I want more people to make millions from it, but this right now is not the path that will take them there. It was a moment in time, it's not something to follow. Jeopardize my lifestyle...jesus da fuq.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just long enough to tank the price so they can buy enough to cover their shorts and get out.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 4 users