Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Sold everything but the really cheap NOK puts, ended up losing a grand.

Should have sold yesterday when up 300%

Another one for the hogs and pigs file

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i'd quit TD AMeritrade over this but i dont want to give those chinese fucks at WeBull my money either. I trust them even less

my face when I realize china offers more freedom to americans than america

• 3Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
If there was any doubt that Robinhood was doing this to protect the big guys, all you need to look at is the fact that they are letting you sell meme stocks but not buy. They let me sell my BB, but I couldn't buy more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you think AMC/GME arent going bankrupt in the next 30 days, consider writing short dated puts in the 50 cent or $1 strike. You will get some ugly paper losses as the stock price crashes, but as long as they stay above 50 cents or a dollar you win.

Oh, yeah its gonna take some cajones to write these.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, I have been day trading full time since last summer. One thing I will say is brokers are everything. I have traded on eTrade, TD Ameritrade, Fidelity and finally on Lightspeed.

Lightspeed is really a professional platform and you WILL pay for it. Commissions + ECN fees on each trade. What I will say is that the accuracy / fills / and direct exchange routing pays for itself in spades. You really have to be actively trading for it to pay for itself though. Just taking a punt on the stock of the week really isn't worth it. However, it is never down. It executes trades flawlessly at the very opening bell without any issues.

Also, having to call customer service with Fidelity a few weeks back, I went through various robo prompts, sat on hold forever, and finally waited hours for a call-back. Lightspeed, on the other hand, I called about an issue and a human being picked up the phone in seconds and my issue was resolved within minutes.

Something to consider if you are actually taking day trading seriously.

Also, you can trade pre-market right at 4am, unlike most other brokers (7am).

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Fucking insane these cunts are blocking trading on specific stocks.
Remember..its not the hedge funds shorting over 100% of the stock that is manipulation. It's not the brokers outright removing stocks from their platform that is manipulation.

It IS the common man buying stock because they follow an internet forum .....that is manipulation.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
But this was done to protect us!

There gonna be some lawsuits. A brokerage has a duty to inform its customers of legitimate concerns, but to interfere with their ability to act in a way that arguably brings catastrophic losses?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Robinhood removing trades, CashApp removing trades, rumor has it TD Ameritrade is going to follow suit.

Fuck these colluding fucks. What the fuck??
Totally not market manipulation at all. We will see if CNBC will be concerned about it. Somehow I doubt it.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But this was done to protect us!
Even without restrictions on buying, retail losses were always going to happen. Everyone knows that at some point GME is going to peak and then absolutely crater and not come back. There was always going to be plenty of retail holding part of the bag.

• 2Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Totally not market manipulation at all. We will see if CNBC will be concerned about it. Somehow I doubt it.

"Finally a little common sense from the markets as trading platforms are disallowing people from participating in these insane trades that could make them lose all their money and upend the economy. Up next, let's see what Anderson Cooper is doing in the kitchen this morning." (or whatever the fuck anchors are on CNBC.)

• 1Like
  • 1Tiresome

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Even without restrictions on buying, retail losses were always going to happen. Everyone knows that at some point GME is going to peak and then absolutely crater and not come back. There was always going to be plenty of retail holding part of the bag.
Of course junkies are gonna OD. Still pretty shitty to give a junkie a hit he ODs on though.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Of course, but it’s not up to brokers to decide when that happens.

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I feel like this is the same bullshit that happened in the election.

"Bet on Trump, he'll win!" ----> Massive voter fraud fucks it up

"Bet on GME/AMC, they'll win!" ----> Massive collusion fucks it up

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They can screw right off with that first paragraph

5E865E67-C4AB-4174-9F49-5D81BAB657C0.png

• 4Barf
  • 2RAGE
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 6 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
They've totally removed support for AMC and GME on Robinhood.

They're removing literally everything that trends the least little bit on social media. Anything that starts to trend they're removing within minutes far as I can see.

• 1Like