Investing General Discussion

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Put $500 (combined) on AMC and GME yesterday morning. Didn't expect much of a return but was hopeful. What's going on now seems like total horseshit though. Down about halfway on the investment and WANT to hold the line, but it seems like I'm not being given any choice in the matter.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
B0C6CBB7-4F33-4572-B250-22BF2583FAE0.jpeg

• 6Like
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 6 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So any ideas why they've stalled out again? Seems like people would be buying this dip.
Where can they buy it? I’ve tried opening accounts with two different services this morning and both disabled trading immediately after my account was available.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Put $500 (combined) on AMC and GME yesterday morning. Didn't expect much of a return but was hopeful. What's going on now seems like total horseshit though. Down about halfway on the investment and WANT to hold the line, but it seems like I'm not being given any choice in the matter.

I'm in for twice as much as you and I'm holding the line. The squeeze is not yet being squoze. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm in for twice as much as you and I'm holding the line. The squeeze is not yet being squoze. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

I'm with you for now. How can it go up if people aren't allowed to buy, though? Utter horseshit. I'm holding, tomorrow will be interesting. I don't suppose anyone can step in and save the day in terms of one of these trading platforms opening GME to people so it can have a big resurgence.

• 1Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
That's what a calculator was telling me. That will put me over $200k for 2021 taxes, I'm usually $140-150 or so, not sure if it'll bump me into anything new. I'm really bad at that kinda stuff.

Might have to actually get an accountant to do my taxes next year.
Congrats on the profits, but goodbye to any 2021 stimulus money.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I'm with you for now. How can it go up if people aren't allowed to buy, though? Utter horseshit. I'm holding, tomorrow will be interesting. I don't suppose anyone can step in and save the day in terms of one of these trading platforms opening GME to people so it can have a big resurgence.

Some of the other platforms, like WeBull and Public, have started allowing people to buy again. We'll see how fast prospective buyers can change platforms.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm so upset with Jackie. I thought we were sharing our chariot to Valhalla.

• 1Double Worf

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Some of the other platforms, like WeBull and Public, have started allowing people to buy again. We'll see how fast prospective buyers can change platforms.

The unfortunate thing is it’s gonna take any individual investor days to transfer to another any way you slice it, eh?

You’ve probably got millions of people like me who are frozen in transfers until at least Tuesday if not later. My money isn’t set to arrive to my bank until Tuesday, then I’ve gotta transfer that money to the Fidelity account I already have.

All bets might be off again late next week, with a vengeance — especially if congress starts to threaten people and their hands are forced to stop fucking with retail. The buttfucking of shorts might be back on really fast.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I'm so upset with Jackie. I thought we were sharing our chariot to Valhalla.

We’ll see what happens next week. I’m down to clown with these fucks again when I get everything transferred to Fidelity.

There’s no way I’m keeping a share or a cent in Robinhood.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I am waiting for my account to settle on TD Ameritrade, but fuck it, I am might buy two shares of Gamestop just to see what happens tomorrow. FOMO is real...

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For those looking for for new home, Fidelity has been a champ thru this shit. I bought and sold AMC as well as options on AMC today.

• 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users