Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
For those still wanting to take a gamble on AMC it may be safer to wait and let it prove itself.
Capture.JPG

This is pretty classic support turning into resistance. That grey band I added shows an area where yesterday and last night people where jumping in as buyers. Those buyers who are still holding are now red. When people find themselves red on a position many take the attitude "I want to get back to even and get out" So as the price nears that price range the selling increases as those traders say close enough and close the position. If it breaks above that band (~$12.00) it would climb to the next resistance pretty quickly.

Last edited:
  • 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I wanted to get Fidelity to begin with, but ended up going with Stash. The problem is that some employer already opened a Fidelity account in my name at some point, and I couldn't open a new one or use the existing one to trade stocks. Until I get in touch with them to sort it out, Fidelity is off the table. Meanwhile Stash is blocking purchases of AMC or GME. So yeah.
If you had a netbenefits (401k) with them and it sat empty and idea dor.morw than 2 years it goes dormant and fucks up opening a new account. Its a known problem they refuse to fix. Got to call them.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Alright friends, I am going to be slowly moving my accounts from Vanguard to Fidelity. It's overdue and of course this is the worst time on earth to do it because Fidelity is slammed and its currently not possible to create a new account.

That being said, what do you guys recommend as the settlement fund? On the surface it doesn't seem to matter much, and I probably won't be holding much in cash for extended periods, but SPAXX looks like it might have the edge because it might have higher interest?

TL;DR it doesn't look like it matters but am I missing something?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Alright friends, I am going to be slowly moving my accounts from Vanguard to Fidelity. It's overdue and of course this is the worst time on earth to do it because Fidelity is slammed and its currently not possible to create a new account.

That being said, what do you guys recommend as the settlement fund? On the surface it doesn't seem to matter much, and I probably won't be holding much in cash for extended periods, but SPAXX looks like it might have the edge because it might have higher interest?

TL;DR it doesn't look like it matters but am I missing something?

I use SPAXX I don't believe it will matter in any meaningful way, and it can be changed later if you wanted/needed. I believe there is one that relates to using their cash management/checking/debit

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
For those still wanting to take a gamble on AMC it may be safer to wait and let it prove itself.
View attachment 331738

This is pretty classic support turning into resistance. That grey band I added shows an area where yesterday and last night people where jumping in as buyers. Those buyers who are still holding are now red. When people find themselves red on a position many take the attitude "I want to get back to even and get out" So as the price nears that price range the selling increases as those traders say close enough and close the position. If it breaks above that band (~$12.00) it would climb to the next resistance pretty quickly.
I respect your fundamental approach but I don't know how they can be used here when the stock couldn't be bought all day and you have an angry mob that are going to jump on it as soon as they are allowed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I respect your fundamental approach but I don't know how they can be used here when the stock couldn't be bought all day and you have an angry mob that are going to jump on it as soon as they are allowed.

Well it traded 500 million shares today so yes they reduced the activity, but people should realize now that there are far more hands in this pot than reddit/RH. This is not low volume where technicals wouldn't apply it's an extremely high level of volume.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Well it traded 500 million shares today so yes they reduced the activity, but people should realize now that there are far more hands in this pot than reddit/RH. This is not low volume where technicals wouldn't apply it's an extremely high level of volume.
Yesterday it was 1.2B volume.
I know what you mean but when most of that volume is Sell, it's kinda tough to say that it's time to exit.

They just pissed off a ton more people with today's actions. I'm banking on a big day tomorrow... but of course I could be very wrong.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Yesterday it was 1.2B volume.
I know what you mean but when most of that volume is Sell, it's kinda tough to say that it's time to exit.

They just pissed off a ton more people with today's actions. I'm banking on a big day tomorrow... but of course I could be very wrong.

I never said to buy or sell. Trying to show how sometimes paying more is the safer bet. Buying the resistance is more likely to find yourself in the red than to quickly buy a breakout when/if it happens. So right now paying $11.00 is a higher risk set up than paying $12.00 is my point and that can be counterintuitive which is why I bring it up.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I never said to buy or sell. Trying to show how sometimes paying more is the safer bet. Buying the resistance is more likely to find yourself in the red than to quickly buy a breakout when/if it happens. So right now paying $11.00 is a higher risk set up than paying $12.00 is my point and that can be counterintuitive which is why I bring it up.
If I was smart I would have waited to buy back in at $6 but of course by then they wouldn't let me buy lol.

I'm still salty my sell at $21 didn't process in time. I sold around 18.5 but rebought too soon.