Investing General Discussion

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
What are the chances that if Wall Street can't turn the dial back far enough by the time the positions are due to be called in, that they just get a moratorium and continue trying to manipulate the market?
If you have never seen the movie /documentary The Big Short. You should. It will tell you how this will end.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
the question is did they save themselves from tomorrows squeeze or is this drama going to continue another week
Why do you think the WH is "monitoring the situation"? If Wallstreet couldnt kill the autists today by turning off the brokerages, they are about to find out they are fighting opponents who have made their bones grinding rep for hundreds of hours for a stupid virtual pixel mount or title. Autists have grinding in their DNA.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
For those still wanting to take a gamble on AMC it may be safer to wait and let it prove itself.
View attachment 331738

This is pretty classic support turning into resistance. That grey band I added shows an area where yesterday and last night people where jumping in as buyers. Those buyers who are still holding are now red. When people find themselves red on a position many take the attitude "I want to get back to even and get out" So as the price nears that price range the selling increases as those traders say close enough and close the position. If it breaks above that band (~$12.00) it would climb to the next resistance pretty quickly.
Badass. Thank you. Makes perfect sense, you explained it well.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I’m kinda glad my money is tied up in transfers right now or I’d probably be tempted to buy back in and get fucked by some nouveau emergency regulation on Monday.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Proof the entire /WSB thing with GME is pure white supremacy...

1611877463999.png

• 3Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
HOLD THE LINNNNNE!

Am I doing it right

The recovery seems to be surging now, most likely since everybody has had time to find an app that'll actually let them buy it again...

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This. Watch how this probably worked today. At the peak this morning all the hedgies "found" a metric ton of shares to short (like finding votes at 3am). The pleebs were then prevented from buying the stocks. Price plummets 30-50%. Hedgies close out their new shorts for mad profits. Mad profits used to cover their shitty positions. Hedgies saved, pleebs miraculously allowed to buy shares again.
This would be in line with the conversion of Silver something or other's class A shares. Converted to 44M pleb shares at $13.50... I only read it on Marketwatch this morning I didn't think it happened instantly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As Blazin Blazin pointed out. we are in the zone for AMC where people who bought in at the dips around $12 are trying to get out. Don't go back in until you see this level cleared out and a significant move up. Notice there aren't huge blocks of shares.

1611878590911.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
He probably should have spoken to his lawyer first before doing an interview on tv.

• 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He is probably trying to do all he can to save the last 100 users they have. I'm sure the exodus was massive today.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Start page at Fidelity even has a fidelity article about how investors took it because of crappy trading sites.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users