Investing General Discussion

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Anyone still think GME will truly pop, or was it just an elaborate pump and dump. I mean, obviously it's significantly up compared to last week but there's no sign of the fabled promised land yet

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I exited at 350, i have no idea. I hear maybe 3pm the shit can hit the fan.
There will be losers in this eventually.
Maybe I buy back in but idk, holding through the weekend seems very risky

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
I think DOGE was a very unique period yesterday with so many RH users stuck and wanted to buy *something* so DOGE it was.
Essentially, there was some chatter to get in before noon est yesterday and that seems to be when it started to balloon to .08. I threw my meme money at it since I couldn't get into anything else since I'm waiting on approvals for other accounts. Sad because I have 6 accounts and all did the "it's for your best interest" routine. No fidelity or vanguard but will have to look into it this weekend.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone still think GME will truly pop, or was it just an elaborate pump and dump. I mean, obviously it's significantly up compared to last week but there's no sign of the fabled promised land yet
They've still got more shorts outstanding than stock in existence. The short squeeze will happen unless everyone bails out the hedge funds by selling.

I say this as someone with not a single share in GME.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I've got $1,150 in Robinhood that will either sink or swim. Currently down to $909. We'll see!

I tried to purchase shares of AMC this morning and the order still hasn't executed. WTF?

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
They've still got more shorts outstanding than stock in existence. The short squeeze will happen unless everyone bails out the hedge funds by selling.

Yes but they got out of all their bad low money shorts yesterday.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes but they got out of all their bad low money shorts yesterday.
If they did, they ate a giant pile of shit to do so. That doesn't make much sense. If anything, they got out of the high money shorts that they doubled down on with their $2B cash infusion Wednesday. Those shorts were closer to the $300/share range.

Getting out of the $2 shorts while this is at $150/share makes no sense, as you're eating a 1000%+ loss.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am just throwing this out there as an alternative way to play AMC and GME. You can write puts at the 50 cent or $1 strike expiring next month. Yes the stocks are going to come down, but unless they go bankrupt they should stay above 50 cents or a dollar (both were above a dollar pre-short squeeze). Buy enough contracts and that 5 cent premium adds up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the help. Account opened and I threw 100 meme dollars in there. When it completes the EFT, I will be back for advice.

Looking forward to being the next Elon Musk. Don't let me down.

whammie.gif

• 1Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

Short data isn't published that often, so the answer is we don't know how shorted gme is at the moment. I guess we'll see if the sparks fly or not soon.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Short data isn't published that often, so the answer is we don't know how shorted gme is at the moment. I guess we'll see if the sparks fly or not soon.
My understanding is it's updated on Wednesday. And as of this past Wednesday, 2 days ago, it was 122% or so?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, I just tried to find short data and all I found was this:

Capture.PNG

They've dropped 10,000,000 short shares. Is that a lot? What are the implications of it only representing 13%? That's still over 100% shorted right?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
We really should unban Foler Foler for this. His BIG MONEY antics would be quality entertainment.
he is in discord right now, telling us how he has to "call his guy" to make trades

i think its just some guy his parents hired for $12/hour to make him feel like a big boy

• 5Worf
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I was googling "where to buy good sheets" on my phone a few minutes ago and this happened:

1611936812171.png

Doge is going to the moon.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I threw money at doge yesterday and I'm still at more than double. Going to hold onto it. Probably stupid. Pretty much all currency value is based on hype/belief anyway. I'm seeing a ton of appetite still out there for people trying to buy it but can't.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Alright, I made my options gamble with the remaining $1700 I had in that account for funsies.

UWMC earnings are next week. I think it’ll do well.

22 contracts of UWMC $12.50 2/19.

Prizes will be given if it plays out.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users