Investing General Discussion

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
You get forcibly closed out by your broker once the money in your account isn't enough to buy the shares.

You have $100. You short 1 share at $50. If share price doubles, the broker will take your $100 and close out your position. You now have $0.

There's fees etc but that's the basic gist of it.

So have these hedge funds actually lost money yet?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So have these hedge funds actually lost money yet?

They lost enough that Melvin had to have an emergency 2.5 billion loaned to them to cover their margin calls. The question will be if they can make any back from all of this

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I exited the last of my small AMC/SPCE/EXPR postions in pre market for some profit (nowhere near to when I sold the bulk earlier in the week). My 30 shares of GME i'll hold a bit "for the struggle".

NOK I maybe bag holding unless it jumps. I'm down 80 cents a share on them as of now. But as I mentioned, i've owned them before and they are one of the only games in town if you want non-chong G5 and beyond infrastructure. They pivoted away from cell phones years ago and hopefully they get their shit together soon.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
If only I had known every online trade co would halt trading...

DAFE5582-3B9C-4F2B-AF34-B6A134757C96.png

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sub $11 SPAC update. For anyone interested. Both XPOA and CCVU are both trading sub $11. CCVU still hasnt broken up yet so warrants are included. CCVU has a proven track record with the Founders and XPOA has the original GOOG CEO as a Founder among other tech bigwigs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Sub $11 SPAC update. For anyone interested. Both XPOA and CCVU are both trading sub $11. CCVU still hasnt broken up yet so warrants are included. CCVU has a proven track record with the Founders and XPOA has the original GOOG CEO as a Founder among other tech bigwigs.
You mean CCIVU? I bought 18 shares of XPOA bc WHY NOT?

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

I entered into both when you mentioned them a day or two ago. We lazy investors appreciate you and the other tippsters on here.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

get out of dogecoin you crazy bastards. its a pure pump and dump joke. anyone joining in now, is just funding the early adopters to cash out. and are going to be left holding the ball.

swap to Ethereum.

Use kraken, or coinbase. (can even get free coins on coinbase.)
recommend coinbase for newbies. its easy to use. Don't use robinhood for crypt either.

dogememe might help the adoption of crypto. but if all those joining in get burned by doge's collapse, it won't help much. use the awareness to pivot them into something with actual legs.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
OK, I'm hopping on this train. Don't know shit so may need some ELI5.

Which class/race combo will min/max me best?

Screenshot_2021-01-29 Account Settings - Fidelity.png

• 1Worf

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
get out of dogecoin you crazy bastards. its a pure pump and dump joke.

swap to Ethereum.

recommend coinbase for newbies. its easy to use. Don't use robinhood for crypt either.

dogememe might help the adoption of crypto. but if all those joining in get burned by doge's collapse, it won't help much. use the awareness to pivot them into something with actual legs.

I think DOGE was a very unique period yesterday with so many RH users stuck and wanted to buy *something* so DOGE it was.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
get out of dogecoin you crazy bastards. its a pure pump and dump joke. anyone joining in now, is just funding the early adopters to cash out. and are going to be left holding the ball.

swap to Ethereum.

I got out of BTC and ETH a week ago while it was still at $34k. Doubled my money and got out.

I was going to wait for it to go back down, but didn't expect a national scale shit show... GG!