Investing General Discussion

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20210129_151946.jpg

Getting out of AMC, held long enough. The price keeps rising during the time the transaction has been sitting there pending, too. I'm putting that into Tesla or BTC, enough meme stocks for me.

Keeping GME but it seems to be stalling out, so I don't know how much longer I'll stick with it. Maybe Monday or Tuesday.

BB turned out to pretty much be a waste, don't think it's gotten above 80% of my buy-in since then.

Lordstown is a long-term one I feel good about, since they're waiting on patents and will start rolling out electric pickup prototypes in March.

Edit: I've got BTC, TSLA, and WWE on other platforms. Funny thing is the biggest gainer has actually been WWE this week, the one I cared the least about. All in all I gained about $100 in BTC and a small amount in AMC while likely losing similar amounts in GME and BB for a net total of...about break even. Well, could be a lot worse for a first week buying stocks.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm confused, you're getting out of meme stocks by investing into Tesla/BTC? :p

• 3Worf
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Alright friends, the end is approaching for the free AMC Bux $1000 giveaway. If you would like to enter, please send me a PM (don't make a post asking to enter as it'll spam the thread and I can't track it.)

I'm on California time, so it's only noon here, and I've still got a few hours left in my work-from-home day. I won't get around to actually doing the lotto for a handful more hours. Then I've gotta poke around a bit and see what kind of site to use to pick someone and make it equitable and public.

I'd most likely want to use Venmo to pay if you have it, but if you don't we can discuss some other way.

Here's the list of names so far, and I will double check my PMs throughout the coming hours to make sure I didn't miss anyone or add anyone new.

1. Caligula_The_Cat
2. Locnar
3. Omayga
4. TJT
5. Daly
6. Borzak
7. Tarrant
8. Moogalak
9. Aevian
10. zzeris
11. grumblethorn
12. Sanrith Descartes
13. Threelions
14. Bobbybick
15. Dandai
16. Downhammer
17. Indyocracy
18. WorryPlaysGames
19. Jysin
20. Aeristies
21. TheBeagle
22. Armadon
23. Ossoi
24. bigolas
25. Cupcaek
26. Pogi.G
27. Araysar
28. Hateyou
29. Denamian
30. Gask
31. Araxen
32. porkchop sandwiches
33. swayze22
34. Uber Uberest
35. Kayak
36. Daezuel
37. Drinsic
38. Kiki
39. fred sanford
40. elidib
41. AladainAF
42. Nester
43. Big Phoenix
44. Edaw
45. Airisch
46. fris
47. Rais
48. Leadass

Please watch this instructional video:

First prize wins a thousand dollars, as stated. Second prize gets a punch in the head. Due to COVID restrictions you will have to punch yourself in the head (honor system,) or have a friend or trusted bubble partner do so.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
If I had sold sooner, $$$
Is I had sold later, $$$

I didn't sell at the bottom, but damn close to it.

Said fuck it and bought that x3 inverted s&p 500.

Let the market burn

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Also either RH made a mistake or theyre limiting more than meme stocks, theyve limited people to 1 share of AMD;

1611952084575.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Someone who understands this stuff better than me tell us when the GME thing is supposed to explode. Right at closing bell? Right before? Right after? I need to know so I can sell my 1 share :rolleyes:

you can't hold ONE share for the struggle/to-stick-it-to-the-man?>??

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not telling people what to do with them (AMC & GME) but them stalling out is not a good sign. With these moves they feed on momentum, when that momentum is lost the fade is likely to begin and they won't recapture the fervor they had. I think because of the overall attitude of HOLD because it's believed to be hurting "them" they may not just fall off a cliff but rather just slowly bleed lower and lower as people grow bored of it and move onto other things.
The fact GME has failed to break vwap for the last 20+ minutes, I think we see a rush to the door before / after close.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
IF you really want to keep playing GME/AMC here is how I suggest doing it. AMC earnings is on 2/25. Play the 2/19 options expiry. Sell the $2 puts. They aren't going bankrupt in 3 weeks (I dont believe). Write the $2 strike puts for 11 cents. $1000 to cover will make you $55 in premium. As long as they end on 2/19 at $1.90 share price you make money. $2 share price should be safe. the $1 strike makes you $40 premium per thousand and is basically all but bulletproof unless they go bankrupt. Just change the numbers for more or less than a 1k cash to cover. 10k cash to cover gets you $550 premium or $400 premium.

You will see some ugly paper losses as the stock comes back down to earth. But thats the fun of writing puts. As long as the stock price ends 1 penny above the strike you are declared the winner.

1611952388270.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm confused, you're getting out of meme stocks by investing into Tesla/BTC? :p
He doesn't understand why he bought them in the first place.

That was essentially just a pump and dump, when the entire point was a short squeeze.

But okay.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Alright friends, the end is approaching for the free AMC Bux $1000 giveaway. If you would like to enter, please send me a PM (don't make a post asking to enter as it'll spam the thread and I can't track it.)

I'm on California time, so it's only noon here, and I've still got a few hours left in my work-from-home day. I won't get around to actually doing the lotto for a handful more hours. Then I've gotta poke around a bit and see what kind of site to use to pick someone and make it equitable and public.

I'd most likely want to use Venmo to pay if you have it, but if you don't we can discuss some other way.

Here's the list of names so far, and I will double check my PMs throughout the coming hours to make sure I didn't miss anyone or add anyone new.

1. Caligula_The_Cat
2. Locnar
3. Omayga
4. TJT
5. Daly
6. Borzak
7. Tarrant
8. Moogalak
9. Aevian
10. zzeris
11. grumblethorn
12. Sanrith Descartes
13. Threelions
14. Bobbybick
15. Dandai
16. Downhammer
17. Indyocracy
18. WorryPlaysGames
19. Jysin
20. Aeristies
21. TheBeagle
22. Armadon
23. Ossoi
24. bigolas
25. Cupcaek
26. Pogi.G
27. Araysar
28. Hateyou
29. Denamian
30. Gask
31. Araxen
32. porkchop sandwiches
33. swayze22
34. Uber Uberest
35. Kayak
36. Daezuel
37. Drinsic
38. Kiki
39. fred sanford
40. elidib
41. AladainAF
42. Nester
43. Big Phoenix
44. Tarrant
45. Edaw
46. Airisch
47. fris
48. Rais

Please watch this instructional video:

First prize wins a thousand dollars, as stated. Second prize gets a punch in the head. Due to COVID restrictions you will have to punch yourself in the head (honor system,) or have a friend or trusted bubble partner do so.
Some of those fuckers are just moochers who parachuted in here for the free money. They are just like hedge funds. I say fuck em :)

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users