Investing General Discussion

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
He doesn't understand why he bought them in the first place.

That was essentially just a pump and dump, when the entire point was a short squeeze.

But okay.

It was both, I'm all about sticking it to the man. However I also don't know what I'm doing yet. This week has been a crash course, hopefully I'll take away enough knowledge to get the ball rolling on some more legitimate stock trading (something I've wanted to get into for years).

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Texas atty general probes Gamestock trade curbs from Robinhood, others
REUTERS 4:09 PM ET 1/29/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
GME 325down +131.4 (+67.8719%)
IBKR 61.19up -2.32 (-3.653%)
QUOTES AS OF 04:00:02 PM ET 01/29/2021
By Diane Bartz

WASHINGTON, Jan 29 (Reuters) - Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton issued 13 civil investigative demands on Friday to Robinhood, Discord, Citadel and other trading apps that put curbs on stock trading, his office said in a statement the day after those curbs stalled a rally in shares of GameStop(GME).

The CIDs, the civil equivalent of a subpoena, were sent following a week-long slugfest in which retail investors bid up shares of video game retailer GameStop(GME) and other out-of-favor companies, resulting in huge losses to big hedge funds that had shorted those stocks.

On Thursday, GameStop(GME) shares fell after Robinhood and other trading apps imposed the limits, a move that angered many elected officials and prompted calls for action from regulators.

"This apparent coordination between hedge funds, trading platforms, and web servers to shut down threats to their market dominance is shockingly unprecedented and wrong," Paxton said in a statement.

The CIDs were sent to Discord, Robinhood Financial, Robinhood Markets, Robinhood Securities, Interactive Brokers(IBKR), TD Ameritrade, TD Bank, E-Trade, WeBull Financial, Public Holdings, M1 Holdings, Citadel Financial, and Apex Clearing Corporation, Paxton's office said in a statement. (Reporting by Diane Bartz, Editing by Franklin Paul and David Gregorio)

• 13Like
Reactions: 12 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Well my trailing stop loss on my last 30 GME shares hit. I made just a meager profit on it, I just need a break from the drama of it.

So as this week ends, I DID make some very good money in realized gains on the memes overall and I'm left bagholding 7205 shares of fabulous Finnish ...Nokia... but the gains I made on AMC and the other shit more than paid for them so I made some money and got a shit load of NOK for "free" as a booby prize.

Now everyone please go buy a (Nokia) phone. I don't care if you have to buy a collectors item off ebay, just do it.

I also need to call fidelity and ask them why Its not letting me sell covered calls on NOK in my Roth, I thought I had it enabled. Anyone have clues why NOK did not fluctuate wildly like the others today and yesterday?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It was both, I'm all about sticking it to the man. However I also don't know what I'm doing yet. This week has been a crash course, hopefully I'll take away enough knowledge to get the ball rolling on some more legitimate stock trading (something I've wanted to get into for years).
My advice... read, read and read some more. Watch videos. Ask questions. Then start trading.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well my trailing stop loss on my last 30 GME shares hit. I made just a meager profit on it, I just need a break from the drama of it.

So as this week ends, I DID make some very good money in realized gains on the memes overall and I'm left bagholding 7205 shares of fabulous Finnish ...Nokia... but the gains I made on AMC and the other shit more than paid for them so I made some money and got a shit load of NOK for "free" as a booby prize.

Now everyone please go buy a (Nokia) phone. I don't care if you have to buy a collectors item off ebay, just do it.

I also need to call fidelity and ask them why Its not letting me sell covered calls on NOK in my Roth, I thought I had it enabled. Anyone have clues why NOK did not fluctuate wildly like the others today and yesterday?
There is NOK (the ADR) and NOKBF (ord shares, not sure the difference to be honest). Did you make sure not to mix up the two?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
With all the meme stock shit this week, it has basically gone unnoticed that PLTR hit $45 this week and is still over $35.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If I hadnt closed out my QQQ puts yesterday, I would have been assigned today by about 50 cents (about 0.15%). Pigs and hogs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
With all the meme stock shit this week, it has basically gone unnoticed that PLTR hit $45 this week and is still over $35.
That'd be a worthwhile review to write up: "What really interesting stuff happened in the market while everyone was distracted by memes?"

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Isn't Palantir considered a solid long-term prospect?

We'll see in March if my hopes about Lordstown are founded.