Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thats like going to Jiffy lube and they turn you away because they ran out of oil. Not using that Jiffy Lube again

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Some of those fuckers are just moochers who parachuted in here for the free money. They are just like hedge funds. I say fuck em :)

I'll have you know I parachuted in here after the discussion went from politics thread, to it's own thread, to no where to be found, to oh yea, check the other forums...

Also, Furry was bragging about how he is was all up in here, giving people great advice in the early days of the pandemic thread, and one can only take so many Furry posts...

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Someone with more photoshop skills than me make a meme of the newegg product shuffle lotto for graphic cards into Robinhood doing a meme stock lotto, chance to win the right to buy GME

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll have you know I parachuted in here after the discussion went from politics thread, to it's own thread, to no where to be found, to oh yea, check the other forums...

Also, Furry was bragging about how he is was all up in here, giving people great advice in the early days of the pandemic thread, and one can only take so many Furry posts...
Sure, sure. Thats what all the girls say.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm confused, you're getting out of meme stocks by investing into Tesla/BTC? :p

Even before the memeing of the last month, Tesla was on a long climb. Now debatably it'll fall back down to normal for a while and this is a bad time to invest, which is where my being a n00b shows itself. BTC though I'm pretty confident will keep trending upward like it always has. I'll put more into it whenever it has a big dip and ride it out, hoping to see it hit 60k within the next year.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Suppose the retards targeted ANY stonk not under restrictions and starting buying it.

Why wouldnt they have the same problem?

This scenario has already played out yesterday morning. When RH and the others blocked buying the biggies, Reddit and Stocktwits immediately started telling people to pump SNDL, NAKD, and some other low cost stocks. No shit within 30 seconds to a minute, RH shut those down by stopping buys.

There was a minute or two frenzy of SNDL buying where I made $13,000 in seconds, and by the time I refreshed my phone RH had shut down buying it, and I quickly sold for positive $1500 or something.

RH even put out a statement saying they were "monitoring social media."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I don't know if the brokerages already have this or to what extent, but I'm gonna guess if they haven't already, they're gonna build really robust software to track any major social media spikes of specific tickers. But maybe they've already had this for 5 years or something.

Maybe Palantir can do it...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Asked in Discord, but these ITM right now, is it at market close, or does AH count too?

Just curious if we hit our mark or have to sit here shitting for another 4 hours.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know if the brokerages already have this or to what extent, but I'm gonna guess if they haven't already, they're gonna build really robust software to track any major social media spikes of specific tickers. But maybe they've already had this for 5 years or something.

Maybe Palantir can do it...
i mean that is sort of what google trends is. there is stuff like that already. facebook,IG,twitter have been able to put "trending" up for many years

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Asked in Discord, but these ITM right now, is it at market close, or does AH count too?

Just curious if we hit our mark or have to sit here shitting for another 4 hours.
Its worse. Options trading closes at 4, but the underlying price can run until 11:59pm

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

For options the price at 4:00 pm is what counts, anything that happens in AH won't apply till Monday for next Fridays options