Investing General Discussion

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Monday is gonna be a fun day.

16048CAD-7A1E-414D-8D76-4B2A09418B25.gif

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Coinbase. If you want to get really froggy and avoid fees, also sign up with Coinbase Pro. Buy on Coinbase, sell on Coinbase Pro. I think that'll dodge some fees, from what I've read. Haven't tried it myself yet. Either way, start by getting Coinbase. That in conjunction with a stock platform seems to be all you need. No Doge on Coinbase though if that's a concern (it probably shouldn't be).
No doge isn't a problem but I guess I got spoiled with RH not having fees. Not going to stick with RH no matter what, but it still sucks to have to move to a fee-based system. Is there a fee per transaction for crypto?

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Deleting my RH account as soon as I can. Was going to set up on Fidelity, but they don't seem to do crypto. I'm thinking I'll do Fid for stocks and something else for crypto. Is there are general consensus on the best crypto platform?

Crytpo is gonna get nuked from orbit as soon as yellen can.

That or 100% china controlled.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
After paying February's bills I've got $480 left in the budget for this/next week to play around with on stonking. I could throw another $100 into Gamestop whenever it dips, and hang onto the rest until I do some more research. Thinking BTC if it dips below 30k, maybe some Palantir, hard to tell if that's riding a wave currently or consistently going up. Another possibility is Ethereum, which I've got zero of now. Also looking at Dash.

Crytpo is gonna get nuked from orbit as soon as yellen can.

That or 100% china controlled.

Don't know about that. They'd be wiping out a huge amount of people at this point. Can they do that? Sure, especially if it's under the guise of "fighting terror" which has made a huge comeback this month as a rationale for doing stupid shit. Will they do it? I'm inclined to say no. Too much backlash, especially when they're already going to be scrambling to make excuses for the economy dropping on their watch.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Alright dudes, lotto incoming. I found an impartial and equitable way to do it.

EDIT: This site keeps rejecting my credit card...hang on...there's another one to try.

1. Caligula_The_Cat
2. Locnar
3. Omayga
4. TJT
5. Daly
6. Borzak
7. Tarrant
8. Moogalak
9. Aevian
10. zzeris
11. grumblethorn
12. Sanrith Descartes
13. Threelions
14. Bobbybick
15. Dandai
16. Downhammer
17. Indyocracy
18. WorryPlaysGames
19. Jysin
20. Aeristies
21. TheBeagle
22. Armadon
23. Ossoi
24. bigolas
25. Cupcaek
26. Pogi.G
27. Araysar
28. Hateyou
29. Denamian
30. Gask
31. Araxen
32. porkchop sandwiches
33. swayze22
34. Uber Uberest
35. Kayak
36. Daezuel
37. Drinsic
38. Kiki
39. fred sanford
40. elidib
41. AladainAF
42. Nester
43. Big Phoenix
44. Edaw
45. Airisch
46. fris
47. Rais
48. Leadass
49. yimmien
50. Burns
51. Mario Speedwagon
52. Rajaah
53. Tmac

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fidelity has option levels you need to qualify for now. When you start you can only write covered calls and have to work your way up. You may have an older account before rules change but it’s been like this for several years now.

You request the level you want. Option levels are standardized in the industry. They dont give a margin account to everyone. They aren't Robinhood.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What is going on with RH and the constant doubling down on limitations across their platform feels an awful lot like them purposely shuttering their platform in hopes that transfers will take so long and settled funds won't show up in new accounts that Citadel can "fix" their short positions.

Like... it has to be that Citadel's prospective losses are much greater than Robinhood's loss of business. Right?

Or is Citadel run by Gordon Gecko and he's just going scorched earth just to win?

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
DUH DUH DUH...drum roll...

(okay, found a site that actually works, and this one was free)

EDIT:

See winners on next page, the first site I used (which rejected my card) apparently worked anyway.

This link invalid, never clicked draw:

You can click here to verify your name is on the list. Now I just have to click "draw."

In five minutes. :)

Last edited:

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
RH is such a shit show, how can they ever be trusted again? A stock gets too hot? They limit you to 1 share of the action.

My jaw is still on the floor that that is even legal.

• 1Solidarity

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

This looked like it worked? Sucks being the 1st loser lol.

What the fuck. I paid twice and it rejected it twice but it worked twice? Shit

Okay, well it looks like we have a winner on that one!

#1: 19. Jysin
#2: 36. Daezuel

• 15Like
Reactions: 14 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone in the comments of the ZH article said maybe it's that RH is the brokerage that lent out all the shares for the shorts? So they might for real be fucked.

I don't know if that logic actually follows though.

sole

Molten Core Raider
Good on you Jackie, grats Jysin. This thread delivering deals and feels.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Don't congratulate that Benedict Arnold!!! We were supposed ride or die together!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Sir, you get the free punch in the head. This toughness will serve you in the upcoming meme wars. Jysin may die horribly before he even spends the money, while you're fighting and still alive in the wasteland.
People forget the brain is the biggest erogenous zone.

• 1Worf