Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
fucking lordstown. i knew something had to be up. i drive past all the time. big fucking giganto-factory. and trailer parks. and lots of new construction.

It's about to get a lot bigger if their patents and construction plans are anything to go by. We'll see

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You can still buy all the gamestop you want via robinhood if you buy any random call and exercise it.

The limit is 100% artificial and is trying to slow down the inevitable squeeze.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’ve been trying to learn about trading recently, just happened I decided to start last week the. All this shit blew up. Been having a harder time finding decent articles on the non-short stuff now.
Seeing you guys talk about calls and puts and to some extent options I have no idea about. Is there a decent site that can help me go over all that stuff in a ELI5 way or something?
This thread has more info than a year 1 Finance class. You could do a lot worse than going back to about Jan of 2020 and just reading thru tonthis page. You would get the experience of learning all about the Coronachan crash as a bonus.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
1611961425503.png

• 9Worf
  • 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We’re going to Hawaii week after next that was already planned. We’d already pooled our points to buy tickets and had everything almost free aside from some taxes and fees.

I told her yesterday I’d pay for food or incidental stuff there because of this. I have a really good job as it is and make a lot more than her and she makes like $90k a year. $40,000 is absolutely nothing for me to spit on and is very helpful, but I was doing well in the first place.
Tell her the 1st round of strippers is on you.

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Literally everyone I know from lunatic lefties to crazy right-wingers watching this is saying the same thing.

"Hahaha, fuck the hedge funds".

Watching people come to the defense of hedge funds is just embarrassing.
2008 wasn't that long ago.

Even if a lot of these people didn't have money in the market, their parents probably did. And they may have also graduated into a job market that was cratered by it.

I think next week I'm off the meme train. My brother-in-law has bought a decent amount (probably in the $2-3k range) and today said something about how this was investing, and not gambling. I'm like, "nah, this is definitely gambling." And he talked one of our friends who's not super well off into buying a share of GME. Granted, it won't be the end of the world if he loses $300, but he knows literally nothing about investing.

This is the shoe shine boy moment. I'd like to close out green with enough to get my principle out, and have a small amount to just keep this open for screwing around with.

• 1Like
It's about to get a lot bigger if their patents and construction plans are anything to go by. We'll see

If you are not familiar with the region, I am. I'll tell you the politics. Fairly sure the Columbus's view is, Lordstown falls, it's a matter of time before Youngstown falls. And Youngstown cannot fall.

That's NE Ohio politics. Ohio is not a stupid state, all in all. That's my take. I'm guessing, reading many posts, not all people feel the same about their state's wisdom.

• 1Clown World

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Deleting my RH account as soon as I can. Was going to set up on Fidelity, but they don't seem to do crypto. I'm thinking I'll do Fid for stocks and something else for crypto. Is there are general consensus on the best crypto platform?

• 1Like

Tinycoffin

Trakanon Raider
Did my part today to support the great Stock War of 21 and tossed 5k at AMC calls for shits and giggles up $450 bucks at close. Monday should be fun could very easily see it all evaporate.

While I’m supportive of the mayhem, this shit is absolutely crushing so called the “normal” market with all of these hedge funds selling shit to cover.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Did my part today to support the great Stock War of 21 and tossed 5k at AMC calls for shits and giggles up $450 bucks at close. Monday should be fun could very easily see it all evaporate.

While I’m supportive of the mayhem, this shit is absolutely crushing so called the “normal” market with all of these hedge funds selling shit to cover.

Yeaaaaah. Definitely is.

Tinycoffin

Trakanon Raider
Deleting my RH account as soon as I can. Was going to set up on Fidelity, but they don't seem to do crypto. I'm thinking I'll do Fid for stocks and something else for crypto. Is there are general consensus on the best crypto platform?
Fidelity is great for buy and hold sucks for everything else. No crypto and you have to jump through a bunch of hoops and tiers to be able to trade options.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Monday is gonna be a fun day.

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Coinbase. If you want to get really froggy and avoid fees, also sign up with Coinbase Pro. Buy on Coinbase, sell on Coinbase Pro. I think that'll dodge some fees, from what I've read. Haven't tried it myself yet. Either way, start by getting Coinbase. That in conjunction with a stock platform seems to be all you need. No Doge on Coinbase though if that's a concern (it probably shouldn't be).

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Monday is gonna be a fun day.

I've seen some pretty retarded companies the past couple years, but I think robinhood these past few days is a clear winner for gold and the corporate special olympics.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Coinbase. If you want to get really froggy and avoid fees, also sign up with Coinbase Pro. Buy on Coinbase, sell on Coinbase Pro. I think that'll dodge some fees, from what I've read. Haven't tried it myself yet. Either way, start by getting Coinbase. That in conjunction with a stock platform seems to be all you need. No Doge on Coinbase though if that's a concern (it probably shouldn't be).
Definitely use pro. I did a quick comparison between coinbase and coinbase pro fees one day and the normal version was about twice as much.

Tinycoffin

Trakanon Raider
Hoops for trading options? You mean like pushing a button requesting it?
Fidelity has option levels you need to qualify for now. When you start you can only write covered calls and have to work your way up. You may have an older account before rules change but it’s been like this for several years now.