Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok, awesome thanks. So I'm gathering people typically don't put in buy orders during the weekend. They pretty much always wait and see what the market looks like premarket Monday. Wish I was still on the East Coast.

Even when the market opens at 9:30 am, the first half hour to an hour of market open usually sees a lot of volatility, so could even wait a bit to see which direction the price is going before you set your order

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Right, but where do you sell physical silver? Especially in coin form.

I've used apmex and provident. provident got me better prices

if its just worth the silver content (i.e. not a collector special coin) then I think the big brokers like apmex, provident, kitco, etc are the best way to go. You do it over the phone, they email you a shipping label and off it goes. And they pay you straight to your bank account.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit, I was messing around with my Fidelity account...my company's 401k is 100 percent available to put into Brokeragelink (self directed.)

I'm gonna SPAC the fuck out of it. I would have done this a long time ago if I'd known.

yep same, and found out way too late.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
so what is all this silver talk. Of course I sold a shitton of it earlier in the year when it was around 25. Looks like its around 27 now. There is going to be a rush on silver? lol or $AG?

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
so what is all this silver talk. Of course I sold a shitton of it earlier in the year when it was around 25. Looks like its around 27 now. There is going to be a rush on silver? lol or $AG?

It's the next big thing (TM)

Everyone is talking about a coordinated buyup of silver stocks like SLV.

Just search "silver" on Reddit also, bit of mania about it at the moment. Will be interesting to see how it affects spot prices. I dunno if physical silver is gonna do anything amazing, but I'd like to have a handful of physical investments lying around anyway.

• 1NPC
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
It's Sanrith at 9:00!

preach GIF

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Silver just a distraction from GME according to WSB. "Hedge fund people" throwing it out there to water down the buying power of reddit and weaken their GME position.

Frankly, even if that's true, SLV will still get a big boost Monday I bet. If it isn't true, SLV will also get a big boost Monday.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Silver just a distraction from GME according to WSB. "Hedge fund people" throwing it out there to water down the buying power of reddit and weaken their GME position.

Frankly, even if that's true, SLV will still get a big boost Monday I bet. If it isn't true, SLV will also get a big boost Monday.

Virtually everything is propaganda at this point. So buy on the predicted hype of things.

Like you said, SLV is gonna take off either way. If physical silver doesn’t go anywhere I’ll keep my three kilos for long term.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Virtually everything is propaganda at this point. So buy on the predicted hype of things.

Like you said, SLV is gonna take off either way.
After looking at this again, why would this be the case? GME worked because of the short squeeze and the hedge funds involved. Silver is just...silver. Do people really expect SLV will be five times its current value by the end of next week, because people on Reddit are talking about it?

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
After looking at this again, why would this be the case? GME worked because of the short squeeze and the hedge funds involved. Silver is just...silver. Do people really expect SLV will be five times its current value by the end of next week, because people on Reddit are talking about it?

Who knows? There's a theory behind the valuation of silver and how manipulated it is that is the basis for why it can be driven up.

But again, I don't think that matters. I didn't even pay attention to the explanation. If it only doubles in value due to a ton of interest that still seems worth it. Who knows why doge went up 600% when it is ostensibly a worthless crypto. Either way I more than doubled my account in a day.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
doge went up because it was the the only thing RH could trade on thursday and friday, and you can trade crypto on the weekend as well

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
doge went up because it was the the only thing RH could trade on thursday and friday, and you can trade crypto on the weekend as well

doge went up because of memery and then elon tweeted a dog picture which skyrocketed it and kept it steady - next week, or the week after, it will be worth nothing

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like