Investing General Discussion

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure there's a massive amount of people making new accounts on other brokers and waiting for deposits to clear. It's all the discords are talking about.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
so was the rebellion crushed or is it just beginning?
Still ongoing. Big money has done what it can to throw up roadblocks to try to stop it like restricting trades to 1 share but it seems like the retards are holding for now.

I don't see this continuing past this next week of trading though. The redtards talk a big game of holding till 4k, 10k, 40k but I feel like if it ever comes close to even 600-700 the majority are going to take what they can and get out which will likely be the end. But I also didn't expect it to be doing this well past Thursday and I'm an uneducated idiot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty sure there's a massive amount of people making new accounts on other brokers and waiting for deposits to clear. It's all the discords are talking about.
This is why I'm still hanging onto a little doge. It's so speculative though. The one thing I'm sure of is that we will see a flood of new money in the market next week. The question is where? People who wanted to buy doge initiated transfers on Thursday of last week. Will those people still want doge when the xfers actually go through on Mon or Tues? Will they switch to silver? Or will some other new craze hit before then?

The realist in me thinks that something very bad is going to come of this.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
We must make new rules under the guise of ....we must protect the idiots from losing!

This is actually a great example of how disingenuous some market insiders are being about this whole thing. Galvin is so full of shit, and I think the other dude does a good job of pointing that out.

Galvin- "Something must be done. People are making trades based on speculation..." Seriously?

What he's really saying is that a bunch of low level investors have been empowered and he doesn't like how it's affecting the market.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You can buy SLV but actual hands on silver is getting pretty short now from the big sellers like APMEX and such. Someone said pawn shops are selling it fast as they can.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm going to be buying SLV (stock), but serious question for those who buy physical silver. What's the idea behind having chunks of the actual element? Is the idea that if the economy collapses you'll have actual hard "currency" to barter with?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I've got one more silver dollar
But I'm not gonna let 'em catch me, no

I've never really understood buying physical silver either. Maybe a small number of coins or a few oz. of bars. But ses some people with a couple thousand oz. on hand, dunno.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
There is no doubt that these "ideas" are no longer coming from WSB organically they are coming from hedge funds on WSB planting the seeds. This whole phenomenon is going to make tons and tons of money for the people retail thinks are being hurt. Lets do APPLE next guys! You have one side with complete transparency (retail) vs. the other side with almost no transparency (Professional money) and people somehow think retail comes out on top. One side has access to leverage being taken away the other side has near unlimited leverage. One side has access to the fastest most accessible trading the other side is being limited to 2 share transactions. People need to wake up.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There is no doubt that these "ideas" are no longer coming from WSB organically they are coming from hedge funds on WSB planting the seeds. This whole phenomenon is going to make tons and tons of money for the people retail thinks are being hurt. Lets do APPLE next guys! You have one side with complete transparency (retail) vs. the other side with almost no transparency (Professional money) and people somehow think retail comes out on top. One side has access to leverage being taken away the other side has near unlimited leverage. One side has access to the fastest most accessible trading the other side is being limited to 2 share transactions. People need to wake up.

I thought the point was WSB trying to make people wake up to this reality and hopefully alter the reality so some of the above changes?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I thought the point was WSB trying to make people wake up to this reality and hopefully alter the reality so some of the above changes?
I think they’re going to fuck some hedge funds on GME. The rest of the other stocks are just going to eventually crash when the big buyers sell it all at once and retail is stuck bag holding and wondering ‘wtf just happened, we were supposed to get rich.’

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

I sure as shit hope so, I am speaking to you guys specifically not to a greater audience. Most retail will lose, need to think of how the shark will take advantage and make decisions accordingly or you do the thing we have always said which is ride the general trend upward and invest in low cost indexing. Obviously the last 100 pages show that is not where people's energy is going to, they want to play a game they can't win if the rules of the game don't change.

Success in trading is by thinking outside the box not following a herd. Some good names have sold off this last week in the face of this deleveraging, is retail there grabbing them at good prices or they chasing insolvent companies for that next hit.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Let the insanity continue I say. Trying to short squeeze silver via buying a silver ETF is particularly hillarious and nonsensical. Even if the ETF rises exponentially it will be before the price of actual silver. The disconnect between the etf price and silver price wont be easily fixable via the typical method of share creation and the hedge funds will make bank.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Buy AMC instead because I want to get out of the red.

Bag holders be like...

parks and recreation please GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Shhh. Don't be pushing the dead money away from the table. :)