Investing General Discussion

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
The WSB subreddit is hilarious. Theres so many posts with the "It's not about the money it's about sending a message" upvoted to hell but I can basically guarantee the people writing those have either 0 shares in anything big or at most like $50 on a partial. Jim Bob that has been working his 9-5 for 10 years and dumped his savings into GME because he heard about it on the radio sure as shit isn't looking to make a political statement.

I haven't been able to do shitall this weekend because it feels like the night before Christmas and you are 8 years old, I just wanna see what happens.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I looked at put prices and its pretty cringe right now. Way too much money to bet on something that's obviously disconnected from reality.
Look at the 50 cent and 1 dollar strikes. like 5-10 cent premiums. It has to be done in volume. As long as the company doesnt go chapter 11 in the next 3 weeks it should be easy money. There will be a lot of paper red while it plummets but at the end of the day it should stay above 2-3 dollars which is safe.

Or are you talking about buying puts? If so, good luck. That Imp Vol gonna kill you.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Success in trading is by thinking outside the box not following a herd. Some good names have sold off this last week in the face of this deleveraging, is retail there grabbing them at good prices or they chasing insolvent companies for that next hit.
Stocks like KO, LMT, NOC, V, PG, NVDA have all been caught up in the selling. If people were wise, they would be shopping high quality on the discount.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Look at the 50 cent and 1 dollar strikes. like 5-10 cent premiums. It has to be done in volume. As long as the company doesnt go chapter 11 in the next 3 weeks it should be easy money. There will be a lot of paper red while it plummets but at the end of the day it should stay above 2-3 dollars which is safe.

Or are you talking about buying puts? If so, good luck. That Imp Vol gonna kill you.

Yea, I meant buying, and assumed he did too. The crash is definitely priced in.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yea, I meant buying, and assumed he did too. The crash is definitely priced in.
Implied vol over 500 means you wont make jack on those puts. But it means you can make good money selling those 50 cent and 1 dollar strikes.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There is no doubt that these "ideas" are no longer coming from WSB organically they are coming from hedge funds on WSB planting the seeds. This whole phenomenon is going to make tons and tons of money for the people retail thinks are being hurt. Lets do APPLE next guys! You have one side with complete transparency (retail) vs. the other side with almost no transparency (Professional money) and people somehow think retail comes out on top. One side has access to leverage being taken away the other side has near unlimited leverage. One side has access to the fastest most accessible trading the other side is being limited to 2 share transactions. People need to wake up.
Yeah, said this the other day. What, do people think everyone else on Wall Street can't read WSB?

Even if you may hurt Melvin (and I'm getting skeptical that even that will happen; they've probably covered their losses as this thing has fluctuated), the other players are going to make a massive amount of money off dumb people.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Well faggots should I buy some silver? Someone who knows stonks tell me why.

Expect to buy and hold it if you buy it. It will likely go up short term but it may well not. Unless it shoots up $20 an ounce or something I’ll be holding mine long term as an overall investment and not a flip.

For all we know all of this weirdness could cause someone to open the floodgates on physical silver and actually DROP the cost short term. Anyone who isn’t willing to hold 10-20 years will be fucked.

I would caution anyone who doesn’t want their money tied up for possibly years to avoid.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The WSB subreddit is hilarious. Theres so many posts with the "It's not about the money it's about sending a message" upvoted to hell but I can basically guarantee the people writing those have either 0 shares in anything big or at most like $50 on a partial. Jim Bob that has been working his 9-5 for 10 years and dumped his savings into GME because he heard about it on the radio sure as shit isn't looking to make a political statement.

I haven't been able to do shitall this weekend because it feels like the night before Christmas and you are 8 years old, I just wanna see what happens.
Was telling my wife yesterday I'm astounded at the amount of posts by poor people that are up anywhere between $50k-2M. Like, dude...are you fucking retarded? Now granted, some of these may be faked, but still. I suppose that's how they got there though, because the common sense is lacking.

If I had $2M from this, I'd be long fucking gone. That's a way more comfortable retirement than I'm shooting for, and it took me a decade to get there.

• 3Truth!
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Was telling my wife yesterday I'm astounded at the amount of posts by poor people that are up anywhere between $50k-2M. Like, dude...are you fucking retarded? Now granted, some of these may be faked, but still. I suppose that's how they got there though, because the common sense is lacking.

If I had $2M from this, I'd be long fucking gone. That's a way more comfortable retirement than I'm shooting for, and it took me a decade to get there.
Strippers and tendies, baby.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Well over a dollar in tax, the wealthy are seriously mistreated in this country.

In other news, this thing could end up backfiring in a hilarious manner. It's expensive as all hell already.

View attachment 332168
There’s a reason why buying a certain amount of silver has no sales tax.

If you buy under a certain amount, I think it’s $1500, it’s considered a collectible. If you buy over that it’s considered an investment. This is important due to the historical ways precious metals are tied to the economy. Otherwise it’d be like collecting taxes every time you buy stocks.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I'm going to be buying SLV (stock), but serious question for those who buy physical silver. What's the idea behind having chunks of the actual element? Is the idea that if the economy collapses you'll have actual hard "currency" to barter with?

Long term hedge against market / currency fuckery. Trading it in some whimsical post apocalyptic scenario isn’t even on my mind.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Stocks like KO, LMT, NOC, V, PG, NVDA have all been caught up in the selling. If people were wise, they would be shopping high quality on the discount.

Did exactly this last week, went through my list and rounded up some share numbers to better my cost basis and finally entered NVDA which i've been wanting to since i've watched it sit around 510-530 for months now and know it can't sit there forever.

my friend tells me LAM took a big hit too (he was big into it) because of this shit. LAM is also solid long term.

Back to Silver (to everyone else): I don't trust any of the shit going down now but I do think money can be made if you are satisfied with average SHORT term gains. Is the silver ETF the best for this?

Regarding physical metal: to me (and I have experience with it) people hold it as a cash equivalent that is inflation protected. Also its kinda cool to run those precious metals between your fingers. No harm in having some, but it is much more a pain in the ass to buy and sell, and BEWARE buying or selling to randoms online, I got ROYALLY fucked selling to someone on ebay who then took the bar out, sent me back a EMPTY package and got a refund the second I signed for the EMPTY package at the post office. NO ONE would do anything about it, not ebay, not paypal, not the post office. I stuck to trusted brokers since then.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, said this the other day. What, do people think everyone else on Wall Street can't read WSB?

Even if you may hurt Melvin (and I'm getting skeptical that even that will happen; they've probably covered their losses as this thing has fluctuated), the other players are going to make a massive amount of money off dumb people.

Read those posts i linked yesterday, Melvin and the other shorts are really getting buttfucked by the other whales and viscious sharks that smell blood in the water. The WSBers don't know wtf they are really doing, but there are "hidden powers you know not of (lol i love using LOTR references, thxs PLTR)" raping Melvins and the shorts this whole time.

The shorts are doomed, the only question is can retail (most of retail) get a piece of this pie at their funeral.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Did exactly this last week, went through my list and rounded up some share numbers to better my cost basis and finally entered NVDA which i've been wanting to since i've watched it sit around 510-530 for months now and know it can't sit there forever.

my friend tells me LAM took a big hit too (he was big into it) because of this shit. LAM is also solid long term.

Back to Silver (to everyone else): I don't trust any of the shit going down now but I do think money can be made if you are satisfied with average SHORT term gains. Is the silver ETF the best for this?

Regarding physical metal: to me (and I have experience with it) people hold it as a cash equivalent that is inflation protected. Also its kinda cool to run those precious metals between your fingers. No harm in having some, but it is much more a pain in the ass to buy and sell, and BEWARE buying or selling to randoms online, I got ROYALLY fucked selling to someone on ebay who then took the bar out, sent me back a EMPTY package and got a refund the second I signed for the EMPTY package at the post office. NO ONE would do anything about it, not ebay, not paypal, not the post office. I stuck to trusted brokers since then.

I’m dubious short term gains will even be had on physical silver. I’m fully expecting the price to drop possibly over the next month.

But you never know what’s gonna happen in clown world.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I’m dubious short term gains will even be had on physical silver. I’m fully expecting the price to drop possibly over the next month.

Oh by short term, I mean this week or the first HALF of this week. No way in hell i'd hold any of these memes longer then a few days each. GME was a special case, all the rest are very dangerous and I breathed a sigh of relief Friday when I exited the last of my memes with profit. (well expect for NOK, but as i've said, I don't consider that a trash meme stock and if their new CEO reinstates the dividend then it will jump and at least pay something for holding)

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Nokia's been a dumpster tier stock for the longest time now though. What could the company possibly do to justify an increased interest these days?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

I feel like a lot of people who think they're "screwing the man" here are going to be crying in less than 2 weeks when they've actually lost all their money and "the man" took it all and laughed at them.

If you don't think that there is a massive amount of fake posts and other forms of manipulation and that the real money makers are 1-2 steps ahead of you at all times, then you're stupid.