Investing General Discussion

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
So much snow outside I'll actually be surprised if I have power tomorrow. Got a bunch of conditionals setup that I hope trigger.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

There’s a quickly growing sub dedicated to this. Silver on the retail market is either sold out on most of the typical sites, or delayed selling until tomorrow when it will rise.

What’s gonna be interesting is — most people aren’t gonna get their physical silver for possibly 5 days to 2 weeks from now due to the volume. I can afford to spend $25,000 on this long term. I have a feeling there’s a lot of people shelling out 5 grand they don’t have, silver will spike, and possibly crater in the coming week or two before they even have possession of it. Flippers might get fucked hard holding $18 silver they paid $27 an ounce for.

Or it could spike to $50 and stay that way for a year. Just be cautious buying silver online with the knowledge you may not be able to flip it for weeks if that’s your goal.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

There’s a quickly growing sub dedicated to this. Silver on the retail market is either sold out on most of the typical sites, or delayed selling until tomorrow when it will rise.

What’s gonna be interesting is — most people aren’t gonna get their physical silver for possibly 5 days to 2 weeks from now due to the volume. I can afford to spend $25,000 on this long term. I have a feeling there’s a lot of people shelling out 5 grand they don’t have, silver will spike, and possibly crater in the coming week or two before they even have possession of it. Flippers might get fucked hard holding $18 silver they paid $27 an ounce for.

Or it could spike to $50 and stay that way for a year. Just be cautious buying silver online with the knowledge you may not be able to flip it for weeks if that’s your goal.

I look forward to selling my slv tomorrow morning

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
1612123428718.png

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keep

This whole thing gets weirder by the day.

• 2Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Keep

This whole thing gets weirder by the day.

There's literally no way to discern who is playing who. Everyone has a motive.

The GME bag holders, especially the people who bought at $300-400 because they genuinely believed it was going to go to $1000, are worried that any other movement is going to detract from GME and crater the price, leaving them with huge losses.

The fact is, for the past week and a half now, pretty much anything else posted in Wallstreetbets that isn't GME or AMC, or honestly even AMC, is attacked by GME bagholders. It's essentially made the sub pointless since the horde of people stuck in GME are blocking out everything else. Someone posts a good due diligence post with great possible upside? "DON'T INVEST IN THIS, STAY THE COURSE WITH GME." It's very tiresome.

Everything else is a conspiracy theory. Silver, conspiracy theory. Even AMC has been called a conspiracy / purposely trying to crater GME. Same with Naked, BB, NOK, etc. All NOK posts a few days back were getting the "THIS IS HEDGE FUND BOTS" treatment.

At this point so many people are so overinvested in GME it's hard to believe anything is actually a conspiracy.

As for silver, it's been gradually trending upwards well before this. Its had its highs and lows from decade to decade but overall a strong long term hold. There's a lot of data out there, well before this current hype, that modern electronics are gobbling up silver faster than it can be mined. It'll reach a head sooner or later.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Like this post, with over 2000 upvotes in that thread. This same comment is posted in almost everything. Like there's nothing else in the world to invest in but GME. I guarantee you the guy who made this post is probably bagholding a shitton, or possibly has nothing. Every other stock is a distraction 111!11

winner winner.jpg

• 3Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So as promised, here is a non-inclusive list of high quality boomer stocks (and NVDA). Over a LONG time horizon I dont think you can go wrong owning them. I also believe a portfolio should have some diversity in more than just tech and I like industrials/defense stocks as a compliment because they have a moat and their #1 customer (the government) always pays their bills and is happy to overpay for products. The market is volatile so dont blame me if you buy something and it goes down. These are long term holds.

Full disclosure:
I currently own:
LMT, NOC, KO, NVDA, PG, V and CRM
I have owned GD previously, sold it for profits and am waiting to re-enter. RTX isnt on the list (because it hasnt fallen enough yet), but like GD I owned it, sold for profits and am waiting to re-enter. I am not posting charts because it would be a pain to post all these charts and its Sunday and Im lazy. Hopefully Blazin Blazin will chime in his opinion as well. Tendies are great, but these are the types of stocks to retire on. Also, my portfolio is tech heavy as a general rule.

Also not on the list is ETF's I am waiting for a good price to enter (FTEC and QQQJ, both long term holds).

SymbolEPSPEDiv YieldSupport atCloseI like it at
LMT24.4913.393.17%$311.21321.82$311-$321
NOC19.0315.41.98%$285.13286.61$285.13
GD11.0113.673.92%$138.20146.68$130-$135
HD11.5724.032.16269.81270.82$263.13
KO1.9325.493.34%48.0648.16$48.06
NVDA6.1285.30.12%518.14519.59$500 or less
PG5.2924.642.43%127.44128.21$127.44
KMB6.8819.683.37%131.39132.1$130
V4.5440.65%193.25193.25$193.25
CRM3.8359.070.00%214.59225.56$210-$220

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Def going to be some major bagholders soon. However it was only just Tuesday last week when top queen GME bagholder was the one who bought at $145...

• 3Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Completely agree, at this point I can’t imagine looking at what’s going on and saying “I should get in on X”. It’s an insane crap shoot at this point.
It was always an insane crapshoot. We just ended up with a shooter that had an incredibly hot hand.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

whats the non physical SLV play? mining company? the SLV bloomberg etf? (though I'm hearing that its fake or some shit??)

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
My take:

If wallstreetbets is pushing silver and you get on board, you win.

If Wall Street bros are pushing silver as a distraction/deflection and you get on board, you win.

Tons of money to be made in a push war. Just don't be the first in or the last out, like Mr. Wolf of Wall Street said a few pages back.

• 2Like

bytes

Molten Core Raider
As for silver, it's been gradually trending upwards well before this. Its had its highs and lows from decade to decade but overall a strong long term hold. There's a lot of data out there, well before this current hype, that modern electronics are gobbling up silver faster than it can be mined. It'll reach a head sooner or later.
The big upwards trend started last summer, at a time where many industries weren't even producing much. It still spiked sharply regardless, this shit seems fishy.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My take:

If wallstreetbets is pushing silver and you get on board, you win.

If Wall Street bros are pushing silver as a distraction/deflection and you get on board, you win.

Tons of money to be made in a push war. Just don't be the first in or the last out, like Mr. Wolf of Wall Street said a few pages back.
Flaws with this. GME did what it did due almost entirely on its short position. Look at AMC. Traded a billion shares in a day and broke 20 for a brief moment. I am not saying a 50-100% profit is bad, its amazing. There isnt another GME out there right now.

Also, and this is REAL important. The funds doing fucky things with GME were small fish. The silver market and most comodities are full of killer whales. JPM isn't Melvin Capital. Just sayin. See link number 4 below. Thats 30 Million ounces. Thats 937.5 tonnes of Silver.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users