Investing General Discussion

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
I bought back into PLTR at $30 today, regretted letting it go... sorry when it tanks boys

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rais

Trakanon Raider
So with Spacs the idea is to put money into it and then sell off shortly after the announcement? Or hold on to it and get shares from the IPO?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
So with Spacs the idea is to put money into it and then sell off shortly after the announcement? Or hold on to it and get shares from the IPO?

Sell shortly after announcement

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is what the RH interface looks like for $1 Put on GME on Feb 19th:

View attachment 332540

Can you explain what all of this means? Would I essentially be buying these shares to sell at $1 on Feb 19 and somehow I keep today’s profit?
Don't buy puts.
Honestly, if you dont understand options don't try trading them. Especially with these meme stocks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
***This is an FOH Consumer Announcement***

I can't stress this enough. If you don't understand options, you should not be trading them. This is DOUBLY so with meme stocks.

Bill Murray Im Warning You GIF by Ghostbusters

• 10Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 10 users

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
***This is an FOH Consumer Announcement***

I can't stress this enough. If you don't understand options, you should not be trading them. This is DOUBLY so with meme stocks.

Bill Murray Im Warning You GIF by Ghostbusters
I gave away a lot of money to start off by not reading enough. I was right on the way the market went but over paid for the options by picking bad strikes, ect. I can't imagine doing that on these meme stocks

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bought some TWCT, still under 11. Some feelers thinking they could pick up a tech unicorn like Epic, Coinbase, or Roblox

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I gave away a lot of money to start off by not reading enough. I was right on the way the market went but over paid for the options by picking bad strikes, ect. I can't imagine doing that on these meme stocks
Yeah 500% volatility will make things ugly.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Mark Cuban built a shitty dotcom that he flipped to some idiots 20 years ago and has been coasting on that for 20 years. He's been wrong on just about everything and knows fuck all. He probably realized this early on and thats why he bought a basketball team to guarantee income
I mean, people shouldn't listen to Mark Cuban anyway. Similar to DeepFuckingValue and people saying "if he's in, I'm in."

Uh, he cashed out millions already. He's in a significantly different financial situation than you. If Mark Cuban throws a million into it and loses it all, he's still fucking rich. If DFV doesn't sell his remaining shares, he still never has to work again.

If dumbshit Redditor loses $50k, they might be living in their car next week.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Was a real quick trip from 100-90 as well.

I kept 1 GME and 10 AMC just as a reminder every time I log into my account.