Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
When is the ark space ETF going live?

I think woods is a bit old etc, but I have faith in the teams she has running those things, by far my favorite ETFs for 5-10 years

No idea, but anything she touches carries a premium due to all the ark fanboys

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
No idea, but anything she touches carries a premium due to all the ark fanboys

dd0.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
GME down 40%. Once the rank and file can trade it at 9:30 I expect the blood to run in the streets.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I have a question for everyone...
I think we should begin to assemble a post with a bunch of accumulated knowledge that has been posted here and create a sticky thread at the beginning. As we get an influx of new people being able to refer them to a single thread for questions like "What are options, What is an ETF, Why does Blazin Blazin hate SPACs so much, etc". Blazin Blazin can we make this happen? And make it editable by a number of us? If only one person can edit, we need a vehicle to store the links and shit so that person can copy over to it as it grows.

We have been discussing adding an investing section like we have for the guns, which could give us an easy way to do stuff like this. Just not sure how much the current interest is going to last.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
With that Meme stock shit i put a trailing stop(thanks educating me) once i was profitable so i could try to make more but in theory never lose any money. I think my problem was the swings were so huge i got myself out early(made money round 1) then thought i could do it again and thats when i lost a little, but again thanks to the trail stop i didnt lose much

Im guessing those crazy swings and the above strategy would normally be far easier to control without 20% daily swings. Like i said before im 90% in it for long haul retirement stuff but i wanted to try and get a bit more involved. Seems fun to me honestly.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Lot of investor kids gonna get their first lesson in losses, lol

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
With that Meme stock shit i put a trailing stop(thanks educating me) once i was profitable so i could try to make more but in theory never lose any money. I think my problem was the swings were so huge i got myself out early(made money round 1) then thought i could do it again and thats when i lost a little, but again thanks to the trail stop i didnt lose much

Im guessing those crazy swings and the above strategy would normally be far easier to control without 20% daily swings. Like i said before im 90% in it for long haul retirement stuff but i wanted to try and get a bit more involved. Seems fun to me honestly.

I got kicked out of my entire Tesla position a few days before the 5:1 stock split back in September because I had a 10% trailing stop. Didnt realize until a day had passed, it was skyrocketing back up at that point, way past my buy in point. Still salty about it.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin Blazin Hold AMZN for an after earnings pump or drop it today on the expectation?

I took my gains and sold my AMZN, but I honestly don't have a good read on how it responds to earnings so far big tech beats see pops that then fade, but have to weight that against how strong they have been last few days.