Investing General Discussion

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Just got an email from Robinhood stating FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY, they’ll 5 percent match up to $150 any deposits you make. So if you deposit 3 grand you get a free $150.

Looks like someone lost a lot of accounts.

Thats something I have not seen mentioned here yet, but the big brokers will pay big $$ for people with hefty investment accounts to transfer to them. I suppose if one wanted to , every 6 months you could transfer everything to a new broker and cash in on a big bonus each time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
i live in whats probably the capital of luxury malls (Los Angeles area) and I see about as much future for them as I do for movie theaters

A secret pleasure of mine is walking through old malls wherever I find them.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m up 104% on the warrants. +$68! I don’t even know how to exercise them to get the stock whenever that happens.
Down the road when there is an actual merger, once the stock stays above a certain threshold for 3 months the company may opt to call the warrants. Until then, they can just be traded like stock. ie.. you can buy and sell them even though they will act sort of like an option.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Like abandoned malls?

Or malls that still operate?

malls that still "operate" even if half the stores are closed and the other half are the DMV, a put put golf, and knock off dollar stores.

I watched a 80s horror movie called "Chopping Mall" (its on Last Drive In). Best part was seeing all the old stores from the 80's between people getting killed by attack robots.

My first job EVER was at our local small mall. I remember it had a barrel of fun (arcade) too. Street Fighter 2 baby.

• 1Solidarity

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Our mall here is an anomaly. It is packed to the seams every day. It is also one of the more "prestigious" malls in the US. Or so they say.

Same with a few malls around here in the Bay Area, but not all. I’m surprised the ones that stay busy actually stay busy even here. Some are definitely dead / ghetto.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well I'm finally out of the red on LUV after buying in at $45. Only $2000 but what an anchor that has been.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Down the road when there is an actual merger, once the stock stays above a certain threshold for 3 months the company may opt to call the warrants. Until then, they can just be traded like stock. ie.. you can buy and sell them even though they will act sort of like an option.
Aren't they also good for like 5 years or something? Depending on the company

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can one of you smart SPAC people explain what the suffix ticker designations for SPACs mean?

For example, I read about Ares Acquisition Corp as an exciting new SPAC that was supposed to have the ticker AAC. I can't find just "AAC" though, only AAC-UN. I've seen this with other SPACs too. Where you have the main ticker designation but then several different suffixes after a hyphen. How do I know which ticker is the right one?

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can one of you smart SPAC people explain what the suffix ticker designations for SPACs mean?

For example, I read about Ares Acquisition Corp as an exciting new SPAC that was supposed to have the ticker AAC. I can't find just "AAC" though, only AAC-UN. I've seen this with other SPACs too. Where you have the main ticker designation but then several different suffixes after a hyphen. How do I know which ticker is the right one?

U = units, which are commons + warrants.

W or wt = warrants, which are redeemable for commons but can go to 0 in value

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
U = units, which are commons + warrants.

W or wt = warrants, which are redeemable for commons but can go to 0 in value
Thanks. So if you just want the stuff that most people on this board are buying, it's "U" right? Because units don't drop to less than $10?