Investing General Discussion

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
All you late comers could have gotten a million shares for 100$ back in August.

Ballin

• 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A friend of mine opened a Fidelity account and transferred all his positions from RH to Fidelity.

When doing this RH charges a $75 fee.

That $75 fee is not happening as an ACH from his linked bank account, or via a bill sent to him by RH. It's showing up as a margin call on his new Fidelity account. A margin call on... nothing?

Have any of you other guys who are trying to move money out of RH had a similar thing happen?

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I'm holding 121.5k right now. Im going to ride this rocket to the next galaxy like I did with Tesla.

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
A friend of mine opened a Fidelity account and transferred all his positions from RH to Fidelity.

That $75 fee is not happening as an ACH from his linked bank account, or via a bill sent to him by RH. It's showing up as a margin call on his new Fidelity account. A margin call on... nothing?

Have any of you other guys who are trying to move money out of RH had a similar thing happen?
Sounds like fidelity just paid the fee for him included with the funds rolling over.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just transferred to fidelity. It was pretty painless, I did it from the fidelity side. Sad part is they say it can take up to 10 days...so not sure how long it will really take and I'll update the thread if people care when it's over on whether or not I encountered any issues. There was a line about moving options in there that made it sound like it could be problematic so I left those open in etrade and will close them out later.

Only shitty part was the little cash I had in my etrade account, they wanted a 25$ fee to wire it to fidelity :(

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

I knew about the $75 fee. I was going to initiate a transfer of shares also, but I said fuck it and just liquidated everything. Then I created the Robinhook bank account and transferred the money for free.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hey Blazin Blazin This is probably a good topic for the new basic info thread. The various brokerages with info and reviews.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like FB, MSFT, UNH, JNJ and NFLX are propping up the market today. There is a lot of red outside those handful of megacaps.

• 1Like

SeanDoe1z1

i feel like i dodged a bullet wanting to put some funny money into a RH account 6 months ago. or at least a headache anyway. fuck that noise.

i should add that i use schwab, don't do anything fancy. they do extended hours and everything seems good enough for me at this point, we'll see how long this lasts.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't think you are, but only the theaters with the very comfortable full recline seats and the latest tech will have a place I think. They'd have to pay ME to sit in a small regular folding-type chair to watch a movie. Oh also, I won't ever go to a movie at night anymore, not with all the joggers on their phones and screaming the whole time.

hmmmm.. maybe the niche for movie theater chains will be small after all...

Not to mention a lot of people spent the last two stimulus payments on larger TV's and such.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
i feel like i dodged a bullet wanting to put some funny money into a RH account 6 months ago. or at least a headache anyway. fuck that noise.

i should add that i use schwab, don't do anything fancy. they do extended hours and everything seems good enough for me at this point, we'll see how long this lasts.

RH has been decent with the xfer of money in/out for me. They've never charged me random fees or done shady stuff with my money. The only issue I had with them was the cockblock bullshit they pulled, but that's more than enough of a reason to never do business with them again.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
First world problems:
I usually set up my Active Trader Pro with my Main portfolio across the top half of the screen and on the bottom left I have one watchlist and on the bottom right I have another watchlist. My current portfolio has so many positions right now it is taking up 95% of the screen and I can't see my watch lists.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Looks like FB, MSFT, UNH, JNJ and NFLX are propping up the market today. There is a lot of red outside those handful of megacaps.
Almost all of my watchlist from my scans last night are green today.

watch1.PNG

watch2.PNG

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I bought it as a goof... Just wanted a million shares of something.

If it had not gone vertical, I would never mention it. Lol
You've made $80k on Doge? Holy shit! Hahahahaha.

I made $200 by getting in @ $0.03.