Investing General Discussion

SeanDoe1z1

How did you add BTC to your Roth?

i mean, not technically, just as close as a de facto play I could make.

I wasn't digging GBTC so I swapped to MARA who is putting in new miners every month for the entire year after capturing the market and they put 150 mil @31k in their trust. they'll release earnings in a month and it should also be good.

my fear is the giant conglos coming in and deciding to eat up the mining space. i never envisioned this a long hold but its exploding and i'm not willing to jump off a rocket at this point

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i mean, not technically, just as close as a de facto play I could make.

I wasn't digging GBTC so I swapped to MARA who is putting in new miners every month for the entire year after capturing the market and they put 150 mil @31k in their trust. they'll release earnings in a month and it should also be good.

my fear is the giant conglos coming in and deciding to eat up the mining space. i never envisioned this a long hold but its exploding and i'm not willing to jump off a rocket at this point
Got it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know the meme hysteria has died down, but I still check them every day. GME just fell below $50, and AMC is just above $5. I'm sure that squeeze is right around the corner though.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know the meme hysteria has died down, but I still check them every day. GME just fell below $50, and AMC is just above $5. I'm sure that squeeze is right around the corner though.

This is what they call the sustained multi day ladder short attack

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

I check them every day on social media because it's hilarious.

You should see the retards on Stocktwits and Reddit. It's a weird mixture of just plain dumb people, moms who believe in multi level marketing, and other assorted goobers. The short squeeze is coming, it's only shorts manipulating the stocks down because "none of us are selling," and then you've got the people who say they're in the process of suing corporations involved.

It's just great fun to see. Never at any point in recent history has watching the suffering of idiots been this gratifying.

Curated comments here:

doge.png

Last edited:
  • 1Tendies

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor

You should see the retards on Stocktwits and Reddit. It's a weird mixture of just plain dumb people, moms who believe in multi level marketing, and other assorted goobers. The short squeeze is coming, it's only shorts manipulating the stocks down because "none of us are selling," and then you've got the people who say they're in the process of suing corporations involved.

It's just great fun to see. Never at any point in recent history has watching the suffering of idiots been this gratifying.

Curated comments here:

View attachment 333913
"I put the rest of my investment in Doge"

"I want to feel secure in my investment"

No way that can be real, lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Curated comments here:

View attachment 333913

1612886761349.png
1612886762333.png
1612886763081.png
1612886763798.png
1612886764409.png

Serious investors.

• 1Worf

SeanDoe1z1

What is funny is I really was looking at a post covoid play and thought AMC, even though it was losing money prior, would bounce with optimism...

but this whole GME saga made it toxic as fuck and I decided to nope out. Still hope that stick around in their previous capacity, really would miss going to the theater (I guess i'm an outlier)

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
"I put the rest of my investment in Doge"

"I want to feel secure in my investment"

No way that can be real, lol

You wouldn't think so at a glance, but I've seen so many similar comments, I'm sure they're real. There's so many people who bought at / near the top in AMC and GME. This drew in so many inexperienced investors who put their savings into it, 18-2X year old people with no life experience, people sold cars to buy more, took out loans, and so on. There seems to be a strange thing amongst the very young people, that if they just believe hard enough, things will change. I think this is the first dose of reality for some of these idiots who have grown up from 1 to 20 years old being told everyone is equal and you can do anything.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What is funny is I really was looking at a post covoid play and thought AMC, even though it was losing money prior, would bounce with optimism...

but this whole GME saga made it toxic as fuck and I decided to nope out. Still hope that stick around in their previous capacity, really would miss going to the theater (I guess i'm an outlier)
For sure. People want to get the fuck out of the house. Even though I still think movie theaters are a dying business, I think there's enough demand for anything that gets people out.

AMC is definitely worth more than $5, but fuck if I'm about to buy into it.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

I don't think you are, but only the theaters with the very comfortable full recline seats and the latest tech will have a place I think. They'd have to pay ME to sit in a small regular folding-type chair to watch a movie. Oh also, I won't ever go to a movie at night anymore, not with all the joggers on their phones and screaming the whole time.

hmmmm.. maybe the niche for movie theater chains will be small after all...

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I think I am finally ready to switch platforms :( I close Robinhood shortly after the fiasco, but 90% of my trading was on eTrade(inoino, lol @ me). But for the most part it worked perfectly and I never had any issues to be honest. The last few weeks/months the system seems flat out broken. I cant even log on until 1000EST, certain symbols don't even show up. One day I will have 5k in stock X, displayed perfectly in a portfolio, the next day it will show that stock at 0% with me obviously having a 100% loss(happened AGAIN today). After I have a heart attach and go all over the internet verifying that stock is not 0.00$, and call eTrade, I find out it is all there, just a "visual bug"...pretty fucking bad visual bug. So I've had it.

I was looking at Fidelity and Ameritrade. Some of what I am looking for:

• I want a desktop app, yea I know, I'm old school. The mobile app is fine for monitoring investments or whatever, but I am not such high volume/frequency that I need to make a trade from my phone while out at dinner, though it is nice to check things from an ipad or whatever while having coffee. Ameritrade has "thinkorswim" and fidelity has active trader pro. I made accounts with both and downloaded the apps to play around, but can anyone speak to either?
  • can anyone speak to how they handled the whole memewar?
  • Any issues with app access/slowness/downtime?
  • Which ones allow after market trading?