Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I ended up near near even today. DIS, LMT and ABBV did the bulk of the heavy lifting for me. Not patting myself on the back or anything but its why I like my portfolio to have some balance to it.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Everything took an ass kicking, not just ARK. All of my ETFs were down for the day

everything did not take an ass kicking. This was rotation some stocks major green. Last I looked it was 50:50 between advancing and declining . Tech and meme stocks took the brunt of it . Energy financials and materials soared

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Travel rotation reopening plays continue as well. DAL up nearly 5% today, as well as some solid cruise line gains.

TSLA took a huge position in Bitcoin, so the Bitcoin dump this morning simply caused further downward pressure on TSLA, which already had big outflows last week.

ARK have high stakes in TSLA , which is in part why you saw them dumping too.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And, with Bitcoin taking a shit again this morning, I expect more Tesla red.

*Edit* Just logged in, god damn. TSLA sitting at ~$650 early premarket.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
650 almost feels like a bargain.

Dunno what my entry point is for Tesla...

I know if it goes under 400 I'll start buying since I sold at 420-450?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
September 8, 2020 flush on TSLA was the ultimate dip buy. It hit $330 and recovered in days, then on to run to the all time highs.

Really not sure where the bottom is on this pull back, but tethering your company to something like Bitcoin seemed questionable to me. Even if you were a full on Tesla fan and drink their cool-aid, I would not be happy with the Bitcoin investment. You, as an investor, are invested in Tesla. They basically added a big external factor to your investment with Bitcoin. Regardless of your views on Bitcoin itself, you are a Tesla investor, not a Bitcoin investor when you buy shares of TSLA. That isn't the case anymore.

As long as Bitcoin keeps tanking, expect Tesla to follow suit. I would be pretty pissed off.

(I have no positions in Tesla or Bitcoin, FYI.)

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
waiting for TQQQ and FVRR to bottom out then picking up some

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Boomer stocks are holding up pretty well in the pre-market. This looks less like a crash and more like a rotation. Hopefully nothing happens to spook people and it turns into a rout.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Boomer stocks are holding up pretty well in the pre-market. This looks less like a crash and more like a rotation. Hopefully nothing happens to spook people and it turns into a rout.

Things could evolve but as the of this moment this is not remotely a crash this is a low fear money rotation . There is a fear and that fear is a booming economy that is quite different than a traditional growth scare.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
today was such a shitshow. my portfolio took a huge beating.

I'm back in UWMC (our old pal, GHIV), its below 8 after hours and if its such a good company with great earnings and a good dividend, how can I say no? I'm addicted to buying during red shitshows.

And it’s in the low 7s premarket now or was.

I’ve got to think it’s a good buy at this price long term especially for the dividend lovers.

• 1Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I go long about 99% of the time. I used to short fairly often because tickers would do what they were supposed to do, but in this clown market, stupid tickers go up for no reason. Lucklin Coffee and Hertz comes to mind.

One short I am sure of is Tesla. I just wish I had the capital to do it. Tesla's market cap is higher than the next 12ish car companies combined. It's popularity has it waaaaaaay over valued, and when that bubble finally pops, people are going to be left holding some seriously big fuckin bags. Just my 2 cents...
People have went bankrupt shorting TSLA. The cult of Elon is not one to bet against.

Like I said, wish I would of had the capital to short $TSLA. Closed at $849.24 on 2/9 when I made the top post. Hit a low of $650 this morning pre-market.

• 1Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This week has fucked me hard so far. Last week was a bad week to switch strategies and go with more swings than day trading. At least day trading keeps you from losing your ass by holding over night when market decides to take a dump.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Someone said they wanted to buy back PLTR in the 25s, here’s your chance. 🤪

I’m glad all my fun money is in CPUH.U at $10.77.

In kooky news, AMC is up 13 percent and climbing. Edit: oh boy did that turn negative quickly.

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
All my stocks are red today except one

1614091166686.png

• 1Worf