Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm actually green for the day so far. M and XOM may have finally found a floor and RCL options are exploding upwards.

It's been so long since XOM went green I had forgotten what it looked like.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I sold a bunch Monday at the open, let me know when it is time to buy back in
Thank you calling. Unfortunately, all our investment professionals are busy throwing themselves off the roof right now. But your call is important to us. Please leave your name and number and we will get back to you as soon as we make a new high".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pops

cur.png

I've been hiding in the 1 - 3 month paper. But JFC the 30 years is 1.65%

nu_11

that last 15 minute rally is so fucking fake. FED just manipulating the market to the extreme. WE CANT HAVE THE MARKET HAVE AN ACTUAL CORRECTION WE GOTTA KEEP THE GAME GOING KEEP THE GREASING THE WHEEL FOR RICH PEOPLE

I'm seriously wondering if Donald had a hand in this too.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
that last 15 minute rally is so fucking fake. FED just manipulating the market to the extreme. WE CANT HAVE THE MARKET HAVE AN ACTUAL CORRECTION WE GOTTA KEEP THE GAME GOING KEEP THE GREASING THE WHEEL FOR RICH PEOPLE

I'm seriously wondering if Donald had a hand in this too.
I dont believe it was the Fed. Word on the street is a couple of major Pension Funds were due to rebalance and did it all in the one afternoon.

nu_11

I dont believe it was the Fed. Word on the street is a couple of major Pension Funds were due to rebalance and did it all in the one afternoon.
The last 15 minutes of the week, with 2 days for all kinds of bad shit to occur, the market suddenly jumps like that to end near green... then immediately go green in after hours? The fuq? The worse I would expect is for day to end sideways...

But of course the market had to end the week on some optimism to maintain stability so let's use monetary levers to solve a biological problem... sound correct to me! (You're so gullible)

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
An observation:
Aside from the obvious monetary gain from no longer paying commissions on trades, I am finding something I like at least as much. Not paying a commission makes me more likely to consider high price stocks. For instance I'll consider buying 10 or 15 shares of LMT (somewhere around $400 a share) now where before I wouldn't want to split the commission on 10 shares. I know it is relative (4.95 a trade is the same on a $5000 trade whether its 10 shares or 100 shares), but the thought of paying 50 cents a share in fees bothers me psychologically more than paying 5 cents a share.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anyone have any experience with inverse ETFs? Was thinking of buying something like SPXU but I only have brokerage accounts with Vanguard and they discontinued trading of these types of funds. Not really sure if I want to do this but thinking about it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Figures the bottom is going to fall out of the market. In the last month I've gotten more emails from people looking to hire on a variety of jobs. I get emails on everything from manager, engineer and on down to the trades for stuff involving petrochemical. Wondering if they are going to slack that off now. Last month probably 5 times more than I normally get.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have any experience with inverse ETFs? Was thinking of buying something like SPXU but I only have brokerage accounts with Vanguard and they discontinued trading of these types of funds. Not really sure if I want to do this but thinking about it.

I haven't touched them. But seems reasonable enough to have some (small) position with them. Be ready to sell them though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Our accounts are only down about 6.9% for the month of February. Doesn't seem all that bad when you're not looking at it only from the perspective of the market high.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Last 3 years have been spectacular for the markets. They were overvalued a bit, but it wasn't too out of line with the optimism the economy deserved.

Coronavirus is just such a big hit that we may go back to obama markets. Trump's economic policy has been spectacular and I think things will right themselves if he stays in power. If someone like bernie gets elected we might be looking at true chaos and blood in the streets.

For the next week... we now have multiple areas of confirmed person to person spread on the west coast and our first death in the US. All of that was learned after the markets closed. Expect this coming week to be as bad or worse. Now people know we aren't skipping this one, and now they know its killing people here.

Poster

Lord Nagafen Raider
Trump's economic policy has been spectacular and I think things will right themselves if he stays in power. If someone like bernie gets elected we might be looking at true chaos and blood in the streets.

lol, take this shit to the politics thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Comments on matters relevant to investments shouldn't be in the investment thread.

Okay.