Investing General Discussion

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Just avoid Boeing. Please, for your own sake.

The entire company is headed for a crash, a plane crash lol. I would never own a company that large that built it's name on being run by engineers now being 100% run by people with a MBA.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Is anyone keeping up with $SOS. It's a crypto mining company in china that was getting talked about over the past few weeks. It's taking a massive nose dive right now because of Hindenburg Research claiming it's basically a fake company. SOS I think just made a public offering not too long ago and they were reporting to have bought like 10k machines to mine BTC.

I had just 100 shares at 7 bucks, but pitched it at a little over 5 for a loss right after the article came out.

Hindenburg Research Short SOS Limited (SOS)

Stocktwits is going nuts over it and saying it'll be the next WSB target alla Melvin Capital. There's so much noise though I really don't know what to believe.

Just wondering if anybody was aware of the situation and had some insight.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Just avoid Boeing. Please, for your own sake.

I'm up like 80 percent in BA since buying them during crash last year, but I'm ready to sell them soon as I hit that long term cap gains date, soon

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm up like 80 percent in BA since buying them during crash last year, but I'm ready to sell them soon as I hit that long term cap gains date, soon
This is such a good point. What are markets going to look like next month when we hit the 1yr (cap gains date) from market bottom? Profit taking at the tax advantage.

Going to be a fun ride.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Is anyone keeping up with $SOS. It's a crypto mining company in china that was getting talked about over the past few weeks. It's taking a massive nose dive right now because of Hindenburg Research claiming it's basically a fake company. SOS I think just made a public offering not too long ago and they were reporting to have bought like 10k machines to mine BTC.

I had just 100 shares at 7 bucks, but pitched it at a little over 5 for a loss right after the article came out.

Hindenburg Research Short SOS Limited (SOS)

Stocktwits is going nuts over it and saying it'll be the next WSB target alla Melvin Capital. There's so much noise though I really don't know what to believe.

Just wondering if anybody was aware of the situation and had some insight.
Hindenburg is usually pretty spot on with his short stuff. This isnt some high school kid with a blog trying to drive a price down so he can buy in. Hindenburg was the one who nailed NKLA.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is such a good point. What are markets going to look like next month when we hit the 1yr (cap gains date) from market bottom? Profit taking at the tax advantage.

Going to be a fun ride.
1614367027722.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So many buy opportunities right now. But... I don't think it's the bottom.
Depends. The bottom is relative. Some individual stocks may be at the bottom, others not so much. 36% of both the Nasdaq and NYSE are green today.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For those wondering about QQQJ and FTEC (instead of QQQ), here is the top 25 or so holdings in each. Note the weights are a week or so old. FTEC and XLK using a different index ot base off of which is why the weights are different. Both FTEC and XLK do not include Comm Sector stocks like GOOG and FB.

1614372297312.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, watched that last 5min candle of SPY volume explode. But yea, weekend, end of month, and sitting at a very critical level.. no surprise that no one wants to hold over the weekend.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
DOW down 1K in 2 days, I wonder what March will bring.

My day was super flat. And I'm happy with that.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Damn FSR (Fisker), +36 percent today, and did double digits last few days. That 35 strike CCs I sold on them is not pure fantasy anymore. They went from the teens to high 20s in less than a week.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wrapped up my month. Tough ugly week, but very pleased with the end result. (Realized daily gains)

PL.JPG

• 6Like
  • 3Tendies
Reactions: 8 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Besides the company themselves there's a tug of war going on right. Those banking on another stimulus, those banking on the shutdowns going away, those playing on the virus stuff lasting forever. Not to mention those throwing money at the market now because they don't know what else to do with it.

Screen_Shot_2021-02-24_at_7_22_37_PM-1840163.png

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user