Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I don’t remember the blue haired avatar. Don’t be an Araysar.
The conditions of bet were met, she is not welching. People as pathetic as araysar are few and far between, and mist is not that low-life.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The conditions of bet were met, she is not welching. People as pathetic as araysar are few and far between, and mist is not that low-life.
The blue hair avatar happened? Man I completely missed that.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The blue hair avatar happened? Man I completely missed that.
Mist's predictions were right , the bet wasn't lost.

On March 9th at the time of that post, DOW was 24K
March 23rd, DOW at 18.5K
DOW recovered past 23K April 8th and stayed above since.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Mist's predictions were right , the bet wasn't lost.

On March 9th at the time of that post, DOW was 24K
March 23rd, DOW at 18.5K
DOW recovered past 23K April 8th and stayed above since.
Hmm I guess. I read it as she was saying aug it would hit 19k but would not get back above 23k until the end of 2021. Like saying it would be below 23k from aug 2020 to dec 2021.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even if you bought QQQ at it's high just before Covid after this correction you'd still be up 32%

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Even if you bought QQQ at it's high just before Covid after this correction you'd still be up 32%
Long-term investing is the key. I look at the two stocks I bought after earnings misses and then cut bait when they didnt stabilize (INTC and CVS), Had I not cut them down 10% (which is my normal cut-off to guard against deep losses), they both recovered to my predictions. I just paper-handed them instead of trusting my analysis.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Hmm I guess. I read it as she was saying aug it would hit 19k but would not get back above 23k until the end of 2021. Like saying it would be below 23k from aug 2020 to dec 2021.
Well you might want to learn what words mean then.

• 1EyeRoll

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Well, so much for the great economic collapse of march 2021, Teasing near my high again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well Nasdaq did technically entire correction territory. Don't forget last week we also had a 3% up day followed by a lot of red.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Well, so much for the great economic collapse of march 2021, Teasing near my high again.

I wasn't expecting March, but seeing 2 bearish weeks in a row did have me a little nervous.

Summer months, especially September, tend to be the worst months for the market.

Last year alone:
June, the DOW dropped 2.5K after hitting a high
September, the DOW dropped 2.5k after hitting a high

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't expecting March, but seeing 2 bearish weeks in a row did have me a little nervous.

Summer months, especially September, tend to be the worst months for the market.

Last year alone:
Those were also the start of COVID surges that denialists said weren't going to happen.

Using 2020 as a guide for anything is not smart.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Last year alone:
Lots and lots of professional wall street traders take the summer off. This is where the "sell in May and go away" saying came from.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Those were also the start of COVID surges that denialists said weren't going to happen.

Using 2020 as a guide for anything is not smart.
I just used it as an example, if you want to play with timeframes then here's a nice widget for it:

Using the last decade, 2010 to 2019:

April has been the best month with only 1 down year
August has been the worst month with 7 down years

Rest of the months are around 3-4 down years.

--

In terms of Rate of Return:
February has been the best performing
August has been the worst, with May not far behind.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, once my condo gets sold I will be in a position to start adding an IRA to my 6%(15% after company match +3%) 401k. I do qualify for a Roth, and the difference in AGI wouldn't be much of a blip, so I figure that will be the best route to follow.
Well, my work 401k is through Fidelity already, so setting this up was easy peasy. 2020 max contribution sent in via ETF, and once that clears I will send in 2021 max contribution.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
TRIT up 17%, made a deal with Western Union. I'm getting close to getting out of the red on this one finally.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TRIT up 17%, made a deal with Western Union. I'm getting close to getting out of the red on this one finally.
I bought back in the other day at $6.50 and sold it pre-market at $8.00 this morning. I wasn't looking a gift horse in the mouth.

• 2Tendies
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users