Investing General Discussion

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
There are also no classes in school that go over the importance of 401k's, Ira's, savings plans, etc. Though I guess there's an incentive to have a section of the population that are dumb consumers constantly keeping the money flowing back to the corporations while feeding off of debt that goes to the banks
I couldn't agree more.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rates rising; futures sinking.

You didn't actually think this shit was over did you?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm guessing you don't play options much. It isnt the dollar, its the 150k per contract to cover.
Oh it’s a retarded play and there’s a zero percent chance they need to worry about having that 150k ready to go. Going full retard doesn’t sting too much if there’s only a buck on the line was my point.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Non-peer reviewed source? Check.
Pull rando sentences out of it to fit a narrative? Check
Today's "Journalism" in action.

Not understanding options covers 95% of the retail investors in the country. But hey, they are all apparently using Robinhood and trading GME.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The thing that shall not die...

1615377687617.png

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Rates rising; futures sinking.

You didn't actually think this shit was over did you?

Today will be the challenge day. Anything above a .5% decline in Nasdaq will be a win for bulls. There will definitely be some selling early just need to see if it has any oomph left behind it and if buyers will step in. I'm still skeptical the corrective period is over, but like last fall we may have a week or two of reprieve and then go down and test the same area all over again. It would line up well with testing the 200d.

The correction in tech last fall was pretty textbook for during a bullish uptrend. Will this one play out identical? Probably not but good chance that it at least rhymes
Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
From a Macro perspective, it is hard to analyze because we have had so few instances of high unemployment, inconceivable money printing and near zero inflation in our history. Anyone who says they know where we are going from here is most likely full of shit. Especially so if they are an economist.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Overnight low on the Nasdaq was 12,724. I expect a retest of that today. That would be about -50 to -75 basis points from the close.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
From a Macro perspective, it is hard to analyze because we have had so few instances of high unemployment, inconceivable money printing and near zero inflation in our history. Anyone who says they know where we are going from here is most likely full of shit. Especially so if they are an economist.

Just don't put too much weight on this as none of those things are direct drivers of the market, they are secondary. Sentiment is the only thing that the market moves on. So the things you listed are important because they can affect sentiment. But sentiment drivers changing has less weight than one would think because human response is not likely to drastically vary to the sentiment drivers of the past and the ones of the future. Understanding this is a pivotal concept to success in the market otherwise it always feels like "it's different this time" The drivers are different, the human response will likely be similar. Spend more time worrying about how humans will respond to these things and less about the things themselves.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just don't put too much weight on this as none of those things are direct drivers of the market, they are secondary. Sentiment is the only thing that the market moves on. So the things you listed are important because they can affect sentiment. But sentiment drivers changing has less weight than one would think because human response is not likely to drastically vary to the sentiment drivers of the past and the ones of the future. Understanding this is a pivotal concept to success in the market otherwise it always feels like "it's different this time" The drivers are different, the human response will likely be similar. Spend more time worrying about how humans will respond to these things and less about the things themselves.
Ah, see thats my secret. I think about both :)

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Massive volume and price spike on SPY and QQQ at 8:30 this morning. Struggling to see a catalyst. It happened all in one 24sec candle on both.

Looking like a strong open now.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Massive volume and price spike on SPY and QQQ at 8:30 this morning. Struggling to see a catalyst. It happened all in one 24sec candle on both.

CPI numbers. They sort of said some data "was unavailable" (ie.. bad stuff) and the stuff they gave out didnt look so inflationary.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Ah, see thats my secret. I think about both :)
You have no control over the things themselves, we may enjoy thinking about how we agree or disagree with macro policy but those thoughts have little to do with investing and performance. More productive to think about how the net aggregate opinion on those policies might move.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

Last time the market feared inflation was 2016 and guess what it never showed up. We often get ahead of ourselves on these things, this mornings report was just a reminder that the reaper isn't standing at the door knocking.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

High Unemployment where most of the unemployed have a net income increase (and now mostly tax free...). Its crazy.

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
CPI numbers. They sort of said some data "was unavailable" (ie.. bad stuff) and the stuff they gave out didnt look so inflationary.
Weird to me that anyone takes CPI seriously at this point. It's clearly manipulated.

Food prices seem way up, gas is definitely way up, housing prices are insane, I even saw something saying the used car market is facing a record shortage and prices are up. Unless the basket for CPI is strictly consumer electronics, there's no way inflation isn't already like 10% YOY.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users