Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Weird to me that anyone takes CPI seriously at this point. It's clearly manipulated.

Food prices seem way up, gas is definitely way up, housing prices are insane, I even saw something saying the used car market is facing a record shortage and prices are up. Unless the basket for CPI is strictly consumer electronics, there's no way inflation isn't already like 10% YOY.

Certainly feels that way but then I look at my family budget and it has barely budged in 20 yrs. The report doesn't disagree with you, look at the used auto section saw significant increases aug/sept. Some rather significant increases in the last 12 months in Energy. The belief is that these increases are transitory and won't persist. This latest stimulus is likely to give us another spike. What is more important is how does it look in 2023 -2025 does it remain persistent or is it a one time bump and more importantly do income keep pace. As I mentioned this morning if people feel squeezed we are going to get a human response. Right now we have a nation more flush with cash than at any point.

Capture.JPG

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I bought 100 shares back at $123 and have tampon hands not sure when I’m going to sale because I have a feeling when those stimulus checks start hitting accounts it’s going to Jupiter fuck the moon.

If you want to invest in something that will be affected by stimmy checks invest in whatever company owns Beats by Dre or some stupid shit like that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Weird to me that anyone takes CPI seriously at this point. It's clearly manipulated.

Food prices seem way up, gas is definitely way up, housing prices are insane, I even saw something saying the used car market is facing a record shortage and prices are up. Unless the basket for CPI is strictly consumer electronics, there's no way inflation isn't already like 10% YOY.
Yeah...Gas is a month away from being double what it was in January. Food prices are up and gas prices will just make that continue to rise. Is the inflation report lagging by three months? It doesn’t seem connected to today’s reality.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jesus, GME back at $330. I don't understand how this is even happening. There's no way retail is driving it.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Also KOSS.

up over 100% today.

KOSS went from $3 to $130 in January
Then dropped back to $15 or so, and since, it's gone from $15 to $30 twice since.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bought some more TSM since it didn't go up on yesterday's big Nasdaq push and dipped a little more today.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Also KOSS.

up over 100% today.

KOSS went from $3 to $130 in January
Then dropped back to $15 or so, and since, it's gone from $15 to $30 twice since.
Think of how many people are losing their asses in that wild ride.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Wait until this shit falls again and balances out and buy, those stimulus checks are going to hit and this is going to happen again it’s the entire reason I even bought the stock to begin with and was waiting for that. Wait for it to fall and level out then wait, I’m going to do another 100 shares once the shit calms down before what I hope is another frenzy due to stimulus.

• 1Like