Investing General Discussion

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Wait until this shit falls again and balances out and buy, those stimulus checks are going to hit and this is going to happen again it’s the entire reason I even bought the stock to begin with and was waiting for that. Wait for it to fall and level out then wait, I’m going to do another 100 shares once the shit calms down before what I hope is another frenzy due to stimulus.
Yeah I may follow suit as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
AMC followed suit, went from 12 to 9 at the exact same time. Back up to 10.50 already though

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Wait until this shit falls again and balances out and buy, those stimulus checks are going to hit and this is going to happen again it’s the entire reason I even bought the stock to begin with and was waiting for that. Wait for it to fall and level out then wait, I’m going to do another 100 shares once the shit calms down before what I hope is another frenzy due to stimulus.

im definitely buying some once it bottoms out, with 2 trillion on the horizon this shit will repeat once more for sure

• 2Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
im definitely buying some once it bottoms out, with 2 trillion on the horizon this shit will repeat once more for sure
Remember in the politics thread when I called this as soon as the stimulus passed? I decided to buy more because my wife called me a pussy and told me to risk more than just the amount of the coming stimulus if I truly believed what I was saying. God I love that crazy bitch.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
when i said bottom out, i meant $50 like 2 weeks ago, not $250

1615400868975.png

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My only issue with GME/AMC is how they influence the other meme stocks/SPACs. When GME crashed it took put shit like CCIV, PSTH etc with it.

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'm no wizard of the stock market, but is there any rhyme or reason as to why GME is doing this? I'm assuming there's no way to predict this at all other than trying to follow the cacophony of social media / Reddit / etc, and even then that's not going to tell you anything.

Is it possible that the big players are now manipulating the market enough to get people to dump money into the meme stocks to inevitably reap a bountiful harvest? I've been trying to learn more over the past couple of months like a lot of new people, and none of this makes any sense. Is it just pure speculation at this point?

Just wondering what some of you more experienced folks think about this situation. Has there been anything like this in the past 50 years?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm no wizard of the stock market, but is there any rhyme or reason as to why GME is doing this? I'm assuming there's no way to predict this at all other than trying to follow the cacophony of social media / Reddit / etc, and even then that's not going to tell you anything.

Is it possible that the big players are now manipulating the market enough to get people to dump money into the meme stocks to inevitably reap a bountiful harvest? I've been trying to learn more over the past couple of months like a lot of new people, and none of this makes any sense. Is it just pure speculation at this point?

Just wondering what some of you more experienced folks think about this situation. Has there been anything like this in the past 50 years?
There was the volkswagon short squeeze, other than that, short squeezes happen a lot, just not at this level. Most of us aren't touching this with a 10 foot pole

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While it has been fun pointing at the WSB / Social Media crowd, the data has shown the vast majority of the GME volume has been from institutional trades. Even back in January.

Hedgies waging war on other short hedgies, while the media lapped up the story of the "little guy sticking it to the man" for views.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Completely different. Volatility halts happen pretty much every day. Price swings too much (10%) in one direction or another too quickly and the exchanges trigger automatic volatility halts that usually last 5mins. Robinhood likely just trying to make sure a bunch of trading retards don't go mental on the broker, when it has nothing to do with them.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
We didn't have a sell off after yesterday's rally so that's a good sign. Would have liked a better reaction to the stimulus approval but you could say it was a forgone conclusion and already priced in, or we can still see a reaction in the coming days.

• 2Like