Investing General Discussion

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Seeing a little bump, nothing great.
Instead of all red, only half of my watchlist is red lol.
GME continues to surprise me. I can't believe it's still a >$100 stock.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
BTC testing the 50 SMA (1 Year).

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 10.18.47 AM.png

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Oh man, if I were dumb / ballsy enough to have played all these dips and raises in GME / AMC.

yea... hard to do when you see it go -$70/share in a day and they had a missed earnings report.

I guess news of several board members retiring was enough to make it pop back up though!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So.. what exactly is your SpaceX ticker that you own? Because if it is SPCE, that is Virgin Galactic (Richard Branson) and at a point recently was one of the top 3 most shorted stocks out in the market.

SpaceX is a wholly private company. It is not publicly traded.

That's right, I've got SPCE. People shorting it were making the right move, I certainly didn't.

Didn't even look at my numbers today, first day ever where I actively, intentionally avoided it. At this point it just pisses me off that I didn't get into this during the past four years instead.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They even say in the article that they got Cuomo to agree because of his current "issues". "give us what we want or we will impeach you." Democrats in America.
Pots stocks should be jumping I would think.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The NY pot news came out yesterday. TLRY had a small bump, but nothing huge. Fizzled itself out too.

March 24, 2021, 5:23 PM GMT

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
They even say in the article that they got Cuomo to agree because of his current "issues". "give us what we want or we will impeach you." Democrats in America.
Pots stocks should be jumping I would think.

I'm thinking the next big imeptus for a pot stock run will be if/when the federal government has the DEA remove it from Schedule I classification. That's the real door for nationwide legalization. I believe it will happen, I don't know about that happening this year though.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm thinking the next big imeptus for a pot stock run will be if/when the federal government has the DEA remove it from Schedule I classification. That's the real door for nationwide legalization. I believe it will happen, I don't know about that happening this year though.

Kamala will save that for her re-election campaign

• 1Worf

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Kamala will save that for her re-election campaign
What are you talking about? The White House has been dismissing any staffers with Pot connections. Which seems odd since in several of her interviews it would indicate that Kamala is, in fact, a white house staffer with past pot connections. heh

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
What are you talking about? The White House has been dismissing any staffers with Pot connections. Which seems odd since in several of her interviews it would indicate that Kamala is, in fact, a white house staffer with past pot connections. heh

Yep. I've made some MJ investments this year, but I'm actually growing a little bearish on weed stuff after that news. If it was up to Harris, I'm sure we'd see legalized weed pretty quickly. But from what I've read, Biden still has the 1980's view on MJ stuck in his brain.

Biden is one of the few holdouts on the left side of the isle for legalization. Maybe that will change.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yep. I've made some MJ investments this year, but I'm actually growing a little bearish on weed stuff after that news. If it was up to Harris, I'm sure we'd see legalized weed pretty quickly. But from what I've read, Biden still has the 1980's view on MJ stuck in his brain.

Biden is one of the few holdouts on the left side of the isle for legalization. Maybe that will change.
Neither of them however get to legalize shit. Thats Congress' ballpark and they cant push it through the Senate with a tiebreaker.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Neither of them however get to legalize shit. Thats Congress' ballpark and they cant push it through the Senate with a tiebreaker.

I'm no expert on Government, but I'd imagine they could get a legalization bill passed through Congress but not with a veto-proof majority. Which means that Biden would absolutely factor in to any legalization effort.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm no expert on Government, but I'd imagine they could get a legalization bill passed through Congress but not with a veto-proof majority. Which means that Biden would absolutely factor in to any legalization effort.
Its a 50-50 tie in the Senate and they need 60 to break a filibuster. You think 10 GOP Senators will vote yes?

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its a 50-50 tie in the Senate and they need 60 to break a filibuster. You think 10 GOP Senators will vote yes?

I think it's possible they will get legalization through Congress one way or the other, yeah. Sentiment about weed has been changing rapidly on both sides of the isle- though most of the hold outs are still on the right. Put it like this- I think federal weed legalization is inevitable, it's just a question of how long it takes. There are half a dozen different scenarios about how it could play out. In the end, it's a huge money maker for states, and green matters more than red or blue.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I won't go far with this as to avoid a politics derail, but in his "press conference" today Biden was openly positioning and talking about removing the filibuster.