Investing General Discussion

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yep. I've made some MJ investments this year, but I'm actually growing a little bearish on weed stuff after that news. If it was up to Harris, I'm sure we'd see legalized weed pretty quickly. But from what I've read, Biden still has the 1980's view on MJ stuck in his brain.

Biden is one of the few holdouts on the left side of the isle for legalization. Maybe that will change.

To be fair, that man doesn't have anything stuck in his brain.

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I won't go far with this as to avoid a politics derail, but in his "press conference" today Biden was openly positioning and talking about removing the filibuster.

Thus my "one way or the other" comment. There's several scenarios that could go down.

I absolutely don't want to shit up the thread with politics, but even if the filibuster doesn't go away, it could change. For example, they are talking about making all filibusters be "standing" filibusters, during which the person filibustering can't leave the chamber (etc).

Either way, we may wind up with a situation in which filibusters in the senate become much more difficult than they are now. This would mean one side couldn't just constantly cockblock the other side without spending political capital. In that case both sides would have to be more selective about what they filibuster. If that happens, I can see weed legalization passing with a slim majority and not being filibustered at all.

All this shit is speculation, but I definitely feel federal legalization is a "when" not an "if"

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Just took a look at my stocks and thought today was pretty damn good. Then I caught up on the thread and see I missed a lot of panicking. Sometimes it's bad to check your stocks too frequently, especially if you're in for the long haul.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Observation: So, pretty much every palm tree, bush, plant, and grass is dead in TX as a result of the deep freeze. What publicly traded company is going to supply the new goods?

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Observation: So, pretty much every palm tree, bush, plant, and grass is dead in TX as a result of the deep freeze. What publicly traded company is going to supply the new goods?
Why do you think HD has been on a tear this week. Sod and seed, baby.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Everytime I look at gold, i calculate the mark-up plus the paypal/credit "processing fee" and I nope the fuck out. 8.5% above the spot?
Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by CBC

Found a place here on Long Island. Spot +3.5% but I am thinking I can just bring them a bank check. Might call them tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I won't go far with this as to avoid a politics derail, but in his "press conference" today Biden was openly positioning and talking about removing the filibuster.

They've gotta remove the filibuster so they can add new states which means new senators which means Kamala can become president without an unfillable VP vacancy

::tap head gif::

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Everytime I look at gold, i calculate the mark-up plus the paypal/credit "processing fee" and I nope the fuck out. 8.5% above the spot?
Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by CBC

Found a place here on Long Island. Spot +3.5% but I am thinking I can just bring them a bank check. Might call them tomorrow.

Cash + local makes the most sense. I view premiums simply as the price of playing, at any rate. Long as they’re not too absurd. I do dislike the fact the online places charge $100 more for simply using credit. Local coin shops don’t always do that. I want my sweet points, those fuckers paid for almost my entire Hawaii trip back in February.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Having dealt with these shenanigans in my past, I can't blame them. Even in the best of times bogus chargebacks are a thing.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That face when PLTR is crashing and then you look and see you are still up over 125% since you bought it.

netflix antonio GIF

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nothing is crashing harder than my brain this morning. I read your last 2 posts and actually said "What is he talking about? The markets aren't open. It's Saturday"

Guess I should log in to do some work!

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Noticed TDOC and ROKU are down big from their all time highs, and both are pretty solid companies with growth. Peoples thoughts on these two?