Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Might sell off the last of my US steel.

It's been good to me
$3 tril infrastructure bill rumored to be coming. I'm no savvy investor but ehhh, I'd consider waiting perhaps?

Well, unless Biden-bucks are only redeemable for Chinese steel I guess

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
$3 tril infrastructure bill rumored to be coming. I'm no savvy investor but ehhh, I'd consider waiting perhaps?

Well, unless Biden-bucks are only redeemable for Chinese steel I guess

That's likely why it's been rising for weeks.

What is it they say?

Buy the rumor, sell the news?

I'm feeling the urge to bail on stocks completely. For active investing. Have my work crap, so that's just ETFs.

Maybe I should look up the racial composition of US steel. If it's white men, sell? Lol

Oh fuck I hate our society right now

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
infrastructure bill of that magnitude would effect the entire stock market.
construction projects are a boon for local business usually

Not saying the stock market will react favorably, we've seen the market tumble after the 2 trillion stimulus.

Things might be priced in since the election.

--

If the infrastructure bill takes a while, which is likely, we might see a downturn before any upturn. Could sell now and get back in later. I can't see a 3 trillion infrastructure bill passing in Biden's first.. or even second year. It might even be the Harris infrastructure bill. And if that's the case, expect a downturn during that transition of power.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They're also talking about an EV specific stimulus similar to what Obama did. In other news, Nasdaq has been holding around 13000 the last couple days while also coming up on the 100 MA, should be an interesting next couple of days. Does 13000 stay as resistance or does it flip to support?

1617127653561.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Can't resist cool bullion knickknacks at the local coin store.

David Bowie 2 pound coin.

bowie1.jpg

bowie2.jpg

Queen's Beasts White Greyhound of Richmond, 5 pound coin

white grayhound 1.jpg

white grayhound 2.jpg

Queen's Beasts White Horse of Hanover 5 pound coin

white horse 1.jpg

white horse 2.jpg

Australian 1 dollar rectangular dragon. Queen's Dragon? Ha.

dragon 1.jpg

dragon 2.jpg

I love these 2 ounce coins. Chunky!

chunky.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They're also talking about an EV specific stimulus similar to what Obama did. In other news, Nasdaq has been holding around 13000 the last couple days while also coming up on the 100 MA, should be an interesting next couple of days. Does 13000 stay as resistance or does it flip to support?

View attachment 345173
If it can rise above and stay above it will flip to support. The same way support flips to resistance when it crashes below it.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So those hedgefunds that imploded last week were able to leverage so much because they used the same collateral with multiple banks? Sounds about right for greedy funds and banks with shitty practices

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So those hedgefunds that imploded last week were able to leverage so much because they used the same collateral with multiple banks? Sounds about right for greedy funds and banks with shitty practices

This doesn’t even sound legal. Or shouldn’t be. Wtf.

• 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This doesn’t even sound legal. Or shouldn’t be. Wtf.

Yeah, it's the same kind of fuckery that the insurance companies were up to during the housing collapse. They had for example 100 billion in liquidity to insure against, but because no single fund they were insuring was over 100 billion, they could insure to infinity on the premise that "not all funds will collapse at the same time", well, until they do.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was over 100% a minute ago.

What's the story with Archegos?
They were over leveraged on just a few stocks with no disclosures, and when there was finally a margin call they were forced to liquidate billions, its why VIAC stock plummeted last week

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Just wait until you hear about rehypothecation.

I can enter into a swap with you and give you $1M in cash as collateral.
You can enter into a swap with Sanrith and take the same $1M I gave you and give it to him... and so on and so forth ad infinitum.

• 1Like