Investing General Discussion

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1617718687016.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Heads are already rolling at Credit Suisse, their investment banking CEO and risk management manager both resigned

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Head of Risk likely out soon. Trying to push the CEO to leave early now too.
I don’t even know why you’d want to stay after something like this. Would be a great “fuck it I’m retiring” point in your career.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They look to be the biggest loser of the Archegos melt up with about 4-5 billion in losses. It's so big they're cutting their dividend over this one event.
Probably because it is larger than the annual revenue for those departments (2b or so).

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Probably because it is larger than the annual revenue for those departments (2b or so).
If its 5b, that's more than the total income of the company in 2019. They basically wiped their profits out and perhaps then some in one day. There's gonna be a lot of investors squinting their eyes on why so much money was leveraged to a known investment low-life. A shake up was pretty much mandatory.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If its 5b, that's more than the total income of the company in 2019. They basically wiped their profits out and perhaps then some in one day. There's gonna be a lot of investors squinting their eyes on why so much money was leveraged to a known investment low-life. A shake up was pretty much mandatory.
I saw the 2b revenue number and assumed it was departments. I somehow envisioned CS being much larger than 2b a year total revenue.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I saw the 2b revenue number and assumed it was departments. I somehow envisioned CS being much larger than 2b a year total revenue.
It was 22.5b revenue and 17.5b operating expenses + a few other costs that put it about 4.5b profit margin for the whole company in 2019. Thought it was fair to look at that as a 'normal' year vs 2020.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those numbers are staggering. How did they get caught bag holding this mess, while the other institutions seemed to navigate their way out early?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
As they say, someone has to be the bag holder. Same thing happened in 2007, once Goldman and others realized what was happening, they stalled the collapse as long as they could as they started selling off their toxic assets to whoever they could

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I guess when GS was front running them and selling early, CS was sound asleep. There is no honor among banks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Those numbers are staggering. How did they get caught bag holding this mess, while the other institutions seemed to navigate their way out early?
I have come to accept that for every Michael Burry in the finance world, there are 99 Jussie Smollets. Just like everywhere is else in life, there are a lot of slack jawed losers in the finance world.

• 2Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watch this scene and you'll see how Goldman escaped unscathed.

If you're not first, you're last.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I don't think the company is great, but the IPO is probably going to be pretty huge. April 14th

The firm reported about $1.8 billion in revenue, a 9x increase from the prior year, and a net income of $730M to $800M on an adjusted EBITDA of about $1.1 billion. In addition, the company boasted 56M verified users (13M of them added in Q1 alone) and 6.1M monthly transacting users (+3.3M in Q1). Revenue growth over the last quarter was 207.6%, net income was up 312.9% and volume traded was up 272%.

Here's a breakdown of the main figures from the company's press release:

• Verified Users of 56 million
  • Monthly Transacting Users (MTUs) of 6.1 million
  • Assets on Platform of $223 billion, representing 11.3% crypto asset market share
  • Includes $122 billion of Assets on Platform from Institutions
  • Trading Volume of $335 billion
  • Total Revenue of approximately $1.8 billion
  • Net Income of approximately $730 million to $800 million
  • Adjusted EBITDA of approximately $1.1 billion

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like