Investing General Discussion

Pops

curve 2.png

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
We're rocketing toward my buy in point way faster than expected, and the dollar is getting trashed in its strength. It's a strong sign that there is a lot of money being cashed out.

For long term investors, I believe there's a point where you need to move from cash/bonds back into stocks even though they are losing ground. Everything is gonna go up in flames if it stays on this track. Big corps that won't sink are what I'll put my money into, staying away from most tech and service. I'm probably a few weeks away from that decision still though.

Moving out of stocks into 100% bonds then back to stocks in a 3 month period is batshit fucking insane and anyone who does this is mentally ill.

Oh wait I guess you're doing this within a period of less than 45 days.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Can feel the panic fading, we are into the gap now, rally becoming increasingly more likely. Déjà vu with last Friday

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Moving out of stocks into 100% bonds then back to stocks in a 3 month period is batshit fucking insane and anyone who does this is mentally ill.

Oh wait I guess you're doing this within a period of less than 45 days.

I lost about 1% off the high because of bid/ask differences, but I completely avoided the crash so far. Honestly I feel like everyone else is insane for not seeing it coming easily and positioning themselves right. I sure don't feel insane looking at how my investments have done vs the average this last month.

Can feel the panic fading, we are into the gap now, rally becoming increasingly more likely. Déjà vu with last Friday

Has some merit. I didn't expect -20% until mid april. The chinaplague numbers wont look that bad the next couple weeks since we're still early in the cycle compared to china. Could easily see some positive, especially next week.This thing being over? No.

Pops

It isn't that hard nowadays to flip back and forth. Plenty of bond etf's and with zero commish. Unlike like the days I backdoored you with 3 points.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't make any effort to time the market. So I would never have considered doing that. Its not a loss until you actually sell it at a loss.

As I've said I've never sold a stock. I've never had a reason to. When shit drops below to bargain bin prices. I buy more and hold. This practice has served me well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
We ended up getting in RCL @ 62.70 from the open, CCL didn't trigger. It's a small position by our standards, so we'll see what happens.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Don't time stocks *posts about the right time to buy stocks.

I almost never sell stocks or anything else I've decided to hold. The vast majority of my retirement and money making scheme is tax avoidance and adding to my pool of money above all else. But when you see a recession coming a month off with some pretty basic statistical analysis of events, no reason you shouldn't make an easy profit.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Fed could dump a few trillion in bonds onto the market at big gains and it would help ease the pressure. Would love to be a fly on the wall to hear their internal machinations.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Fed could dump a few trillion in bonds onto the market at big gains and it would help ease the pressure. Would love to be a fly on the wall to hear their internal machinations.
Pretty sure they are going to stick to a quiet greasing of the wheels for a bit after the reaction their rate cut got. Pretty sure they are very afraid of causing extra panic.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Pretty sure they are going to stick to a quiet greasing of the wheels for a bit after the reaction their rate cut got. Pretty sure they are very afraid of causing extra panic.

Oh trust me I know they wont do it, in fact they'll do the opposite and start buying more (QE) they are too blinded to realize it's the opposite action that is needed.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I certainly expect the QE route. It worked last recession so why not this one, at least thats the argument they'll make. This is a very different sort of crash than 2008 though. The credit issues and the euphoria of lending are all there in many similarly bad ways, but the underlying catalyst is a unique beast.

Pops

These depression like rates are a killer for seniors. CD's at .5 again. MM's at .2. Forcing you into the market.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
These depression like rates are a killer for seniors. CD's at .5 again. MM's at .2. Forcing you into the market.

No matter the impact of Wu Flu the Fed will be slow to raise rates, this is the primary reason I was willing to do some buying at this level. They are going to make every other alternative total shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Resignation is setting in for me, nothing else to do but wait since most of what I had was in the S&P.

Part of me wants to take the offered unpaid leave, the other part wants to decline it so my paycheck can go into this depressed market. hmmm

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Resignation is setting in for me, nothing else to do but wait since most of what I had was in the S&P.

Part of me wants to take the offered unpaid leave, the other part wants to decline it so my paycheck can go into this depressed market. hmmm

Sometimes the best thing you can do is walk away,. Chances are very strong a year from now you'll look back and feel better.