Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
That's awesome.

I really want the retirement healthcare and pension, but between the left wanting to kill healthcare, and the driving of straight white men out of govt, I've accepted there is a real chance I couldn't make it if I tried.

So I'm trying to claw my way towards where you are.

Jealous of your gypsy van life
Quitting from the government *under 60* is not smart. Hire a lawyer and get disabilitied from the government. You can work your other job during the process. I've dealt with gov terminations for years, and I've had cases that lasted years because of this. Payouts are yuge if you do it right.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Quitting from the government *under 60* is not smart. Hire a lawyer and get disabilitied from the government. You can work your other job during the process. I've dealt with gov terminations for years, and I've had cases that lasted years because of this. Payouts are yuge if you do it right.
Everything with wrong with our country's corrupt public sector unions.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
The only thing keeping me at my job is waiting to hit the trigger for free lifetime flight benefits. Well, also the more minor secondary reason of its still kinda fun visiting different cities and/or countries and having everything arranged for you as far as transportation and hotel is concerned. Hours are very flexible and you can take months off at a time, especially during slower travel months (Jan/Feb/May/Sept/Oct). I'd shrivel up and die if I was forced into a 40 hour a week 9 to 5. I'm very much a part timer and need tons of flexibility.

Honestly I may keep at it even until after my permanent flight benefits kick in, and just be very choosy about what trips I work. I guess the moral of the story is keeping your job can work so long as you make the job work for YOU. Once you rise above "needing" the money, you feel a sense of freedom and it helps you get a new perspective on your employment.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Please follow this advice if you’re a leeching piece of shit LachiusTZ LachiusTZ

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I use to be very anti leech but as our wealth grew and our quarterly tax checks passed 10k, combined with seeing how it’s spent by our gov, i think the smart play is to leech as much as you can when you can however you can. Even moving into gray areas of tax law.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I use to be very anti leech but as our wealth grew and our quarterly tax checks passed 10k, combined with seeing how it’s spent by our gov, i think the smart play is to leech as much as you can when you can however you can. Even moving into gray areas of tax law.

I really don't get people who feel sorry for the government. I wouldn't promote gray areas or quasi-legal things, but I definitely believe it's every american's duty to take every penny they deserve from the government while making sure the government doesn't get one more penny than required by law from them. I don't like the laws the way they are either.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I really don't get people who feel sorry for the government.
Not sorry, frustrated. Not fun being a productive tax paying citizen and being at the mercy of the average government window licker because you need them to service a request or fix something.

• 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Not sorry, frustrated. Not fun being a productive tax paying citizen and being at the mercy of the average government window licker because you need them to service a request or fix something.

the only way for any fairness is to attempt to recapture the productivity they've taken from you and given to people who are less productive

you can do it morally. figure out how much money is spent on bullshit you don't agree with, then refigure what your tax should be based off that, then leech / avoid as much as you can until you hit that number

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
the only way for any fairness is to attempt to recapture the productivity they've taken from you and given to people who are less productive

you can do it morally. figure out how much money is spent on bullshit you don't agree with, then refigure what your tax should be based off that, then leech / avoid as much as you can until you hit that number

That’s basically zero

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And the term of the day is "off the lows".

HD still in God mode. Another new high before the pullback. MSFT also another new high before the pullback. Boomer stocks flexing.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
the greek and italian model.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I really don't get people who feel sorry for the government. I wouldn't promote gray areas or quasi-legal things, but I definitely believe it's every american's duty to take every penny they deserve from the government while making sure the government doesn't get one more penny than required by law from them. I don't like the laws the way they are either.
It’s not feeling sorry for them. It’s hating how wasteful they are with the money I provide them. When I hear someone promoting taking more taxpayer (my) money because they feel like they’re sticking it to the government...but they’re just creating more of the waste I loathe the govt for and taking more of my money. I don’t feel sorry for our government at all.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Become self employed and pay the approximately 7.5% self employment tax that your employer picks up normally.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Alright boys, I am sure everyone has been waiting and wondering what my next real estate venture will be and here it is.

I will be covering half of finance costs for a construction of a 24 unit condominium. The cost of the project is ~5 million and and the duration is about 3 years since building plans are already approved (the longest piece will be approval of the condo from the state Attorney General). There are two investors putting in a million each and the rest will be financed. The loan will be 3 million construction loan with a rate of roughly 6.5% and comes with interest only payments. Loan acquisition will be 100k. First year the amount borrowed will be a million, year two the total will be two million and year three will be 3 million. This means I will be putting in roughly 300k. In return I am getting 5% of the profits which should be roughly 3 million dollars (and hopefully like with the last project, more than that) making my portion to be $150k. So 50% return if I were to invest the money up front, which isnt the case since the costs are spread over three years.

Now why the fuck am I getting such a return? Because the investors are passive and dont want to do a fucking thing and dont want to be bothered about any additional costs.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What are you guys building these units out of? Hope it ain't lumber!!!

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
What are you guys building these units out of? Hope it ain't lumber!!!
Fuck if I know; i dont know shit about the actual process of building. I know the paper work and the money. I am aware that costs have increased and that has been factored into the numbers. Over time though? Will increase just like everything else which includes the future sale prices.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Timber prices are starting to increase by about 15% in the Southeast.

So, 1000% increase of lumber prices and 14 months later = 15% spike in timber prices. Such sense! Such makes!

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So, I am seeking some brainiac types to analyze this problem. I'm thinking about buying a buildable lot in Fl on the coast for retirement home. Here is the quandry...
Buying now means opportunity cost of not having the money in equities. I have to consider the possible increase in property value over time if I decide 5 or 10 years from now I don't want to live there (if the neighborhood goes all Baltimore). Will I make more in equities than I will save waiting to by coastal property down the road. Insurance costs will be negligible amd taxes minor since it's undeveloped. On the other side my retirement home cost will just be the house itself and not house plus lot.

Hmmm.